ADVERTISEMENT

P6 helmet stickers

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
I saw on twitter that ECU and Tulane (there could be more teams, but those two definitely) are sporting P6 helmet stickers

Sweet, I hadn't seen it talked about on here, maybe I missed it.

Nah, it's great. Subtle way to say we're under rated and should be included in the "Power" conferences. We just have to make sure we prove it come bowl season...

Reactions: TU_BLA
Aresco brought it up before the Memphis game. He is determined to make this the next Power Conference and feels that our success over P5 teams means that we should be considered as such.

Didn't he say that we are 10-1 against G5 both last year and again this year?

AAC needs to get the NY day bowl again. Boise won't be qualified if Wyoming wins out. So, we need a Western Michigan loss. I think a 2 loss AAC team would outrank WMU and San Diego State.

Didn't he say that we are 10-1 against G5 both last year and again this year?

The AAC has losses to Syracuse, Ohio State, S Carolina, Va Tech, Ole Miss, Baylor, TCU, Florida State, Penn State, Wake, Michigan and Maryland this year.

Yes those are P5 losses, he was making the point that we have separated our conference from the G5

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Probably should have chosen week when we had a team ranked in the top 25 to lobby for P6 status.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Probably should have chosen week when we had a team ranked in the top 25 to lobby for P6 status.
The whole point is changing the press and selection committees opinion of us. They don't rank us because they don't think we're as good. But we have four teams at least that could be ranked. And none are.

The whole point is changing the press and selection committees opinion of us. They don't rank us because they don't think we're as good. But we have four teams at least that could be ranked. And none are.

I don't disagree with you but I also think that if we win the games we should win it would be different. If we had beaten Houston we would be ranked. Now we have to beat Navy and possibly win out to get a spot in the top 25.

The majority of AP voters haven't seen us play...they've seen our scores. Anyone who has actually seen us play knows we played with Ohio State for most of the 1st half and better than OU did for those 30 minutes. Anyone who has seen us play knows we played BETTER against Houston than OU did and had a real chance to win the game (and probably should have). Houston never appeared to be in danger of losing against OU.

I find the P6 stickers a bit silly, but whatever works

Also.....Tulane and ECU might not be the game or the teams the conference would want out in front of this promotion.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I Don't think they are out in front of any of this They posted pictures to twitter. Aresco actually mentioned Houston, Navy and Tulsa.

The difference between the AAC and the non-elite p5 teams is money. Give the AAC p6 money for 5 years and there'd be a lot of parity. Not Alabama or Ohio State level but on par with the ACC and second tier teams in the other leagues. Which of course is why there won't be a p6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT