ADVERTISEMENT

Osu lost to this team?

Reality is OSU didn't know you could run the ball forward during a football game until about week 8. It made some of their earlier games closer than they should have been. OSU should also question how they lost to Baylor as well.

OSU ain't that good, guys. They won a bunch of games in a watered down Big 12. Got a couple lucky breaks here and there to win as many games as they did.

I'm marking down the days until our trip to Stillwater next year.

Reactions: scotty0912
OSU ain't that good, guys. They won a bunch of games in a watered down Big 12. Got a couple lucky breaks here and there to win as many games as they did.

I'm marking down the days until our trip to Stillwater next year.
Wish TU could have played OSU down in San Antonio. When focused like yesterday The Cane would be tough on anyone outside of the top ten ranked teams.

CMU has been checked out for awhile.

It was hard not to feel sorry for them.

I don't. They accepted a bowl bid knowing that they were out classed.

The only way games like this never happen again is if teams like Tulsa make the games so boring that no one watches. teams like Tulsa need to put up such gaudy numbers on these out classed teams that the press and the public clamor to see us take on a real opponent.

We need the commentators asking "what if Tulsa played...."

"Wouldn't it have been great if we could have hyped the records Tulsa set in Prime Time"...

We need people saying " Wow, that Dane Evans would have been perfect against...."

"What could Brewer and Flanders do against ........ defense"

"Could Tulsas defense have stopped....?"

Gaudy numbers are good.

I bet that "tuxd", Pat Jones, picked Central Michigan. o_O:p:eek:

In
I bet that "tuxd", Pat Jones, picked Central Michigan. o_O:p:eek:
in defense of Pat Jones (I feel dirty), he has been a bandwagon TU fan and praiser this year. I think he likes Monty and is already pushing him for a Big XII job. BTW, if Stoops gets fired over the Mixon drama, you know OUs on Monty's doorstep the next day.

They could always bring Aikman back to OU to coach. Or Fuente.

I think the heat is about to get turned up in Norman...and not in a good way

You underestimate the power of football in Norman. The efforts a DA, City Attorney and a Judge went to ensure this tape never saw the light of day should be a clue. As long as Stoops wins football games he will be fine...absent a Baylor situation. Boren and Joe C both saw the tape and agree with Stoops that a redshirt year was the proper punishment for Mixon. It is what it is....Big Time Football and lots of $$$$ at stake.

Stoops isn't getting fired. Good lord.

Stoops isn't going anywhere... the Gooners are too scared to fire him because they can't afford Nick Saban.

They are content to be the big fish in the smallest P5 pond, winning 10 games and a B12 title every year. They will be able continue to bitch and whine until the playoff expands to include patsys like them. All they truly care about is someone beating their 47 game win streak. They have given up on the big prize.

Goldfan83,

I said "overblown." And yes it is. How is this any worse now that you see the video? This has been going for over two years. The facts are well documented. Stoops is tird for longest tenured coach in D1 and I think this is the longest OU had ever had a coach. And this is his biggest scandal by far at a job that generates a good one every decade or so.

Last edited:
Goldfan83,

I said "overblown." And yes it is. How is this any worse now that you see the video? This has been going for over two years. The facts are well documented.
Mixon served whatever sanction he was handed. I don't like the idea of going back and giving him a different punishment just because we have now seen video proof of what we already knew. Now the focus (and heat) needs to be squarely on Stoops, Castiglione, and Boren. They clearly screwed the pooch on this one and their lack of "adult" judgement and so called leadership needs to have consequences if society ever hopes to make incidents like this this a very rare occurrence instead of a daily happening.

Mixon served whatever sanction he was handed. I don't like the idea of going back and giving him a different punishment just because we have now seen video proof of what we already knew. Now the focus (and heat) needs to be squarely on Stoops, Castiglione, and Boren. They clearly screwed the pooch on this one and their lack of "adult" judgement and so called leadership needs to have consequences if society ever hopes to make incidents like this this a very rare occurrence instead of a daily happening.

Agreed.

Stoop's presser today was a cluster.

My favorite was his comment was had the incident happened today instead of 2.5 years ago Mixon would be expelled.

Or the one where he said he wished the video came out right away. lol yeah right.

Stoops isn't going anywhere... the Gooners are too scared to fire him because they can't afford Nick Saban.

They are content to be the big fish in the smallest P5 pond, winning 10 games and a B12 title every year. They will be able continue to bitch and whine until the playoff expands to include patsys like them. All they truly care about is someone beating their 47 game win streak. They have given up on the big prize.

Until Texas finally unscrews themselves. The performance and recruiting of OU is tied directly to how competitive Texas is. The last 25 years the arc of both teams is tied together.

Until Texas finally unscrews themselves. The performance and recruiting of OU is tied directly to how competitive Texas is. The last 25 years the arc of both teams is tied together.

I just described what I hear and what I'm told over scotch and cigars with business people here in Norman and OKC.

They don't want to move to the SEC because they say that they couldn't compete. They would rather try to get mizzou and Nebraska back or go to the PAC12... otherwise they are content going to a New Years bowl and winning the big 12-2.. they honestly don't gripe about the lack of championships in the last 16 yrs... surprisingly

Because they are not losing to Texas consistently. They lose three in a row to Texas because Texas has gotten better and you will hear them squeak about needing to upgrade the facilities and win a championship to get the players back in.

Because they are not losing to Texas consistently. They lose three in a row to Texas because Texas has gotten better and you will hear them squeak about needing to upgrade the facilities and win a championship to get the players back in.

I think you are basically making my point... they no longer think nationally.. just win the big 12.. and they have to beat Texas to do it...

Most Texas grads I know look at OU as more of an ittitant than a rival.

I think you are basically making my point... they no longer think nationally.. just win the big 12.. and they have to beat Texas to do it...

Funny because Texas is pretty much the 4th best team in the Big XII right now and maybe not even that high. OSU has established themselves as #2, TCU and West Virginia as current 3 and 4 (but not consistent enough just yet to always be that high). Baylor would have been a clear 3 without their problems. Texas may spend the most money and have the most ridiculous expectations but there is nothing in the last 5 years that says they are playing for a Big XII championship anytime soon.

Funny because Texas is pretty much the 4th best team in the Big XII right now and maybe not even that high. OSU has established themselves as #2, TCU and West Virginia as current 3 and 4 (but not consistent enough just yet to always be that high). Baylor would have been a clear 3 without their problems. Texas may spend the most money and have the most ridiculous expectations but there is nothing in the last 5 years that says they are playing for a Big XII championship anytime soon.

I sure hope they aren't any better in 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT