ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Game Thread

Haves and Have Nots, and we can't claim higher academics anymore. But then, having returned to school a few decades later to finish, I can say the classes today are so watered down anyone making below a C intends to do it.
When did you go back to school? I would think that changed when we got Carson installed as president?

When did you go back to school? I would think that changed when we got Carson installed as president?
First time was 1988 to 1992, second was 2021. Took some of the same classes. Two things, the 3 credit hour classes were now 4 so you could graduate with only 12 to 15 hours a semester in 4 years instead of 18 to 19, and the tests we all open book, open note.

I'm not a "back in my day" person, this is something I actually experienced. If you do not pass a college course today you aren't giving any effort at all.

What hurts Tulsa is a University of Phoenix degree is cheaper and counts the same 95% of the time. Why pay Harvard prices for, well, Tulsa. Going to the University of Tulsa because I loved the basketball program is one of the dumbest financial and career decisions I have ever made.

First time was 1988 to 1992, second was 2021. Took some of the same classes. Two things, the 3 credit hour classes were now 4 so you could graduate with only 12 to 15 hours a semester in 4 years instead of 18 to 19, and the tests we all open book, open note.

I'm not a "back in my day" person, this is something I actually experienced. If you do not pass a college course today you aren't giving any effort at all.

What hurts Tulsa is a University of Phoenix degree is cheaper and counts the same 95% of the time. Why pay Harvard prices for, well, Tulsa. Going to the University of Tulsa because I loved the basketball program is one of the dumbest financial and career decisions I have ever made.
Well I hope open book tests and such has been fixed by Carson. Fall 2021 was Carson's first term as President. Were you there in the spring or fall of 2021?

The new norm? This has been the way it has been for decades. Reality is, The University of Tulsa is dying...
I meant in the context of at least competing and having a chance vs. getting blown out again. I swallowed my pride and went to BPS for the last one. We easily could have won that game in 2021 by several scores.

Reactions: TulsaAM
We do suck.

Need to be better. Look at Tulane and Memphis. If we cannot play at that level we should shut it down.

Tired of waiting.
The new 105 schollie rosters will make us even less competitive..the big boys will sign all those gems we used to find..

Reactions: TulsaAM
So how are we where we are...but Tulane is where they are. And Memphis. And NIU. But mainly Tulane. And SMOO.

Why are we this much less desirable for coaches/players.
Tulane’s head coach is 42 years old. Wilson is 62. Tulane’s head coach had a 23-4 head coaching record when hired. Wilson was 26-47. They basically hired Kinne.

Tulane’s head coach is 42 years old. Wilson is 62. Tulane’s head coach had a 23-4 head coaching record when hired. Wilson was 26-47. They basically hired Kinne.
This^^

If we ever hire a good coach again, it will no longer be an impossible situation.

The sad truth is we actually had a 67% chance of hiring a good, young, winning coach (Kinne or Odom) & we chose Wilson.

Reactions: TUGrad06
This^^

If we ever hire a good coach again, it will no longer be an impossible situation.

The sad truth is we actually had a 67% chance of hiring a good, young, winning coach (Kinne or Odom) & we chose Wilson.
Where do you get your figures? Do you have something to back that up or just throwing around numbers to try and validate your “argument”?

Kinne wasn’t coming back here. Texas state was already prepared to pay him what he wanted and TU slow rolled the hire.

Most of you on here were slurping this guy up when he was hired. Now you want the guy fired. Some of you need to get a grip on reality. TU is a private school that is not banging with boosters like OSU, OU, SMU and Memphis. Last time I checked no one is calling anyone on this board to find out what you think.

We should have beat Arkansas state. We didn’t. We ALL knew that we would lose to OSU just didn’t know how bad. Well they are a top 15 team. We were able to drive the ball down field but couldn’t finish in the red zone. Their corners are long and good so our passing game was not great. Our run defense did really well but our pass defense was terrible. Our secondary is just god awful.

The defensive coordinator we were supposed to get took another job so we got the discounted coach. I wasn’t too high on the hire of the DC. I would have preferred a younger coach but here we are.

Now I am not saying don’t be upset at the state of the program or where we are. It’s hard to build a program in today’s climate. I think Brad Carson is doing a bang up job as president.

We are were we are and that is the bottom line. But lord Jesus got off GJ Kinne’s ball sack. He is the coach for Texas State not Tulsa. Move on

Where do you get your figures? Do you have something to back that up or just throwing around numbers to try and validate your “argument”?

Kinne wasn’t coming back here. Texas state was already prepared to pay him what he wanted and TU slow rolled the hire.

Most of you on here were slurping this guy up when he was hired. Now you want the guy fired. Some of you need to get a grip on reality. TU is a private school that is not banging with boosters like OSU, OU, SMU and Memphis. Last time I checked no one is calling anyone on this board to find out what you think.

We should have beat Arkansas state. We didn’t. We ALL knew that we would lose to OSU just didn’t know how bad. Well they are a top 15 team. We were able to drive the ball down field but couldn’t finish in the red zone. Their corners are long and good so our passing game was not great. Our run defense did really well but our pass defense was terrible. Our secondary is just god awful.

The defensive coordinator we were supposed to get took another job so we got the discounted coach. I wasn’t too high on the hire of the DC. I would have preferred a younger coach but here we are.

Now I am not saying don’t be upset at the state of the program or where we are. It’s hard to build a program in today’s climate. I think Brad Carson is doing a bang up job as president.

We are were we are and that is the bottom line. But lord Jesus got off GJ Kinne’s ball sack. He is the coach for Texas State not Tulsa. Move on
I agree, we need to forget about GJ, in all honesty, I don’t know how TU can survive in this environment , so I really don’t know if it’s even fixable , but TU needs to hire young up and comers ; not retreads like Kevin Wilson and Frank Haith

Reactions: TulsaAM and caneks
I agree, we need to forget about GJ, in all honesty, I don’t know how TU can survive in this environment , so I really don’t know if it’s even fixable , but TU needs to hire young up and comers ; not retreads like Kevin Wilson and Frank Haith
What we certainly need to realize is that building a program using a mentality from 20 years ago will not work. And a coach who failed to build a sustainable program elsewhere with more resources is unlikely to be able to be creative enough to do it in Tulsa.

We are were we are and that is the bottom line. But lord Jesus got off GJ Kinne’s ball sack. He is the coach for Texas State not Tulsa.
My point is NOT to give up. It is not impossible to win at TU, even in today’s NIL era. I have heard the “you can’t win here” from TU fans multiple times over the 50+ years of being a TU fan. Then, we hire a coach who turns things around and suddenly it’s not impossible to win at Tulsa.

As far as coaches, yes, we interviewed both Kinne & Odom & chose not to hire either of them. Both of those guys are doing very well already. Yes, I wish we would’ve hired one of them. I have minimal confidence that Wilson will be a successful coach for Tulsa. I usually wait longer to form an opinion of a new coach, but I’m probably getting less patient with age & with TU’s recent lack of success in both major sports. I also will continue to buy season tickets & hope Wilson proves me wrong.

Most programs if the AAC don’t have large NILs. We are on fairly equal footing to most of the teams we which we compete against. I’m really not sure with the right coach why we can’t be successful in this conference as a majority of our piers share the same issues.

Unfortunately we might not have a choice , however , I will quit watching sports all together before I cheer on another teams besides tulsa
Yes that's the tough part. It would mean losing college football altogether. But there is a big risk now of being left behind in the MO Valley 3.0.

Unfortunately we might not have a choice , however , I will quit watching sports all together before I cheer on another teams besides tulsa
100%!!! I don't care who you cheer for, but, be passionate, never give up on them and scream as loud as you can......and....most important.....stay true

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT