ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Game Thread

Run defense is fine, our secondary is struggling with their receivers. Meanwhile, our passing game seems to be struggling to keep up. Everything else is meh.

Also, concessions seem like they forgot it was a sold out game. Can't we at least make money off of the orange fans? I can't even get a drink to help me cope.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
OSU is a Top 15 team. The bummer is when we host OU or OSU and get blown out then the casual fan thinks TU sucks then checks out the rest of the season. We haven’t beaten OSU since Boone gave them $$$$

On the plus side.... I'm going to have so much more time for activities this fall, not having to watch my teams suck.

It's like a new lease on life.

OSU is a Top 15 team. The bummer is when we host OU or OSU and get blown out then the casual fan thinks TU sucks then checks out the rest of the season. We haven’t beaten OSU since Boone gave them $$$$
The real thing that sucks is this defeatist attitude. Just being okay not putting up a fight year after year.

Kevin is that you?

We do suck.

Need to be better. Look at Tulane and Memphis. If we cannot play at that level we should shut it down.

Tired of waiting.

The real thing that sucks is this defeatist attitude. Just being okay not putting up a fight year after year.

Kevin is that you?
Exactly, we mustn't let this become the new norm. I mean everyone should be pissed, not only donors and alumni, but also as fans, students, staff, parents, and advocates for the team/school. This is a gut punch every single time. I did feel a little better when it was Monty playing them super close and even leading before make the inevitable stupid decision. Even then, though --- W was the object not going against the spread.

Havnt got to watch much of it, but keeping up with on my phone and…. Damn this could get ugly… only positive is could be recruiting tool… playing time is very much on the table

Hopefully the new AD is working on his coaching list. GJ should be getting a call.

Also, why is Francis still in the game? He’s not moving the team. Time for a change.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Hopefully the new AD is working on his coaching list. GJ should be getting a call.

Also, why is Francis still in the game? He’s not moving the team. Time for a change.
Why would GJ even take that call. He didn't get a real shot at the position last time and was aggravated about that. He doesn't have immediate NIl available here. He is doing well at Texas St, and could be on schedule to get a Power conference job as early as end of season.

We'd have a better shot at Marion Brennan if we were looking for a coach at end of season.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Either one is preferable to what we have now.

NIL will be available for the next coach.

Either one is preferable to what we have now.

NIL will be available for the next coach.
How do you know we are going to have significant Nil available for football next year. Even a paltry Nil woud be 1M. It would take 2M per year to even begin to be competitive.

finally turned it off. 4-5 wins. More of the same from good 'ol Tulsa. I long for the days of David, Paul, and GJ.

Perfect. Bring in Williams. First play QB run for a yard. Run up the middle for nothing. Then a screen for nothing. Good call down 35-0

I stayed home with intestinal crud. I almost decided to tough it out. Visions of a porta potty kept me home.
Watching my tv in the a/c doesn't make it any better.

We look Burns-era bad.

How do you know we are going to have significant Nil available for football next year. Even a paltry Nil woud be 1M. It would take 2M per year to even begin to be competitive.
Not to mention canning Wilson would leave a significant outlay to buy out Wilson's contract next year. We still have him on contract for 3 years, after this year.

Not to mention canning Wilson would leave a significant outlay to buy out Wilson's contract next year. We still have him on contract for 3 years, after this year.
He’s not worth keeping and driving the program further down than Monty did. At some point you have to correct Dickson’s mistake.

Also, this experiment of trotting Kirk Francis out there should end today. It’s painful to watch. Williams should have started every game this year.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Give the Utah State transfer QB the rest of the game. See what he can do. Maybe he’s the next Brin or something.

Doesn’t matter anymore anyway :drink:

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how much it's costing us in coaching salaries and NIL to lose this single game in such a spectacular fashion.

I'm guessing it's gotta be close to 300-500K. Just think of how many starving kids in Africa could have been fed with that money. We should have just rolled out the Kappa Sig intramural team for a few 30 racks of natty lite. The result would have probably been the same.
Oh crap! He invoked the Sally Struthers starving kids in Africa argument. This is the lowest point I. Tu football history 🤣

Exactly, we mustn't let this become the new norm. I mean everyone should be pissed, not only donors and alumni, but also as fans, students, staff, parents, and advocates for the team/school. This is a gut punch every single time. I did feel a little better when it was Monty playing them super close and even leading before make the inevitable stupid decision. Even then, though --- W was the object not going against the spread.
The new norm? This has been the way it has been for decades. Reality is, The University of Tulsa is dying...

He’s not worth keeping and driving the program further down than Monty did. At some point you have to correct Dickson’s mistake.

Also, this experiment of trotting Kirk Francis out there should end today. It’s painful to watch.
Williams and Legas would be out there if either were any better than Francis. We have our best QB out there.

We are talking about money here. I don't care how much he's not worth keeping when you don't have the money for nil and to pay out his contract. And you can't can a coach that you didn't give nil, after year 2. The respect level for TU would give them no candidates that were any better than Wilson. They very well could be worse. Brennan has received two paltry interviews for WR Coach and Offensive Coordinator in which he was not given a real chance at the position. If you don't offer him significant NIL, he's not going to take the call. Who else would take the call without significant NIL. We would probably get a worse coach than Wilson.

Williams and Legas would be out there if either were any better than Francis. We have our best QB out there.

We are talking about money here. I don't care how much he's not worth keeping when you don't have the money for nil and to pay out his contract. And you can't can a coach that you didn't give nil, after year 2. The respect level for TU would give them no candidates that were any better than Wilson. They very well could be worse. Brennan has received two paltry interviews for WR Coach and Offensive Coordinator in which he was not given a real chance at the position. If you don't offer him significant NIL, he's not going to take the call. Who else would take the call without significant NIL. We would probably get a worse coach than Wilson.
This ^^^^^

When it became semi-pro football this was where TU with the financial troubles would end up. A 100 million dollar infusion into the program was the only way to avoid that.
We got approximately 40M in extra donations, and another 30 or 40M donation would have been enough to set up NIL in football. So not quite 100M. But yeah, that's approximately what we needed. We got half way there.

When it became semi-pro football this was where TU with the financial troubles would end up. A 100 million dollar infusion into the program was the only way to avoid that.
Bingo. Pains me deeply to say it but the days of David competing with let alone beating Goliath are mostly over which is what made college football great. NIL/instant transfer are the absolute kiss of death.

Haves and Have Nots, and we can't claim higher academics anymore. But then, having returned to school a few decades later to finish, I can say the classes today are so watered down anyone making below a C intends to do it.
We got approximately 40M in extra donations, and another 30 or 40M donation would have been enough to set up NIL in football. So not quite 100M. But yeah, that's approximately what we needed. We got half way there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT