ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
2-0 with home wins over Florida Gulf Coast and Tennessee State. They're coached by Saul Phillips, in his second year after coming over from North Dakota State.

They've added Michigan State transfer Kenny Kaminski and Houston transfer Jaaron Simmons this year. Kaminski is a former top150 recruit who led the Big 10 in 3-point% as a freshman, but was dismissed from the team after that season.

First game away from home. Still celebrating the Wichita win. This will be a good test.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
North Dakota State to Ohio seems like a lateral move to me. Any other reason he left NDSU?

Ohio is only 4 years removed from a Sweet 16 appearance. But I suspect this didn't hurt either: "Saul will go from making a base salary of $175,000 per year to $550,000 per year, according to ESPN's Andy Katz"

Saul was one of the big names mentioned for coaching moves a couple of years ago. His NDSU teams were solid and really good fundamentally. It also helped he always seemed to have a healthy stable of Kevin McHale type farm boys playing inside.

Wow, didn't realize there was such a disparity in salaries between the MAC and the Summit. Can't blame the guy for leaving even though he had built a solid program in Fargo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT