ADVERTISEMENT

Official SJSU Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Turns out, Einstein did not say, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” It appears to have actually been written by Rita Mae brown in a mystery novel no one read. But the premise applies. No significant changes were made in coaching on the offense side of the ball, why should different outcomes be expected?

There has hardly been a more important second game of the season than this one. How far can the defense carry this team?

TU: 24
No One Cares About SJSU: 20

Bonus Kendall prediction: rushing yards do not crack 100.

Kaiser-Kangaroo-Mascot.png

Kangaroos 35
Bad Spartans 0

Reason for WIN we are playing San Jose.

Reason (only reason) to lose we keep doing dumb stuff.

If SJ keeps pressure on Smith and if our ground game falters it could be scary. But they are not Michigan State. The answer is on our offensive line.

Tulsa by 6.8 points.

Tulsa 21
SJSU 17
Offense still struggles but our defense keeps giving them the ball.
I would really like to see 200+ passing yards and 150+ rushing. If not, let's cancel the remainder of the season. It's over used but this is truly a "must win".

SJSU will likely be the worst team in our schedule this season. I believe this TU team is being undervalued. Lay the 6.5. It’s larceny.

TU 31
SJSU 13

Turnovers even TU 28 SJSU 16
If we are -2 in T/O’s SJSU will win
If we are +2 in T/O’s TU wins in a blowout

San Jose State put up 400 yards and 22 points against an FCS team that posted 2 wins last year. That FCS team racked up nearly 300 yards of offense against them. Tulsa needs to win, but that's my bench mark (that and watching Western Michigan vs. the other Sparty).

I think our defense has fun. A couple of series against San Jose State and I think our guys will start feeling pretty good. If NCU held them to 35, and we held Michigan State to 28, I'm saying we hold SJSU to 21. Because linear digressions cleanly translate to football, right? Or because Tulsa gets up comfortably and SJSU scores one when it doesn't matter.

Offense. Oh Tulsa offense. The FCS team racked up 300 yards of offense. I fully expect Tulsa to beat that number, but to make me feel good we need to post old school Tulsa offensive numbers. If we limp to a win with 400 yards offense in this game I fear for the rest of the season. But no! I'm going positive. Go big or go home!

Tulsa Golden Hurricane: 45
the other Spartans: 21

Bonus prediction: our running backs take out their frustration on one Samoan, a Ute, an Australian, a Texan, and about 40 guys from California.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/roster/_/id/23

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I like amartin's pick(41-14) but will tweak it a bit: TU-42(no fg attempts,again) San Joser St.-13. The Joser's won't have a prayer against our D.

Bonus prediction: our running backs take out their frustration on one Samoan, a Ute, an Australian, a Texan, and about 40 guys from California.

Jessie, when I first read this paragraph I thought it was the start of a joke. Lol

Reactions: JesseTU
I'm going to say 41-14 Tulsa.

Bonus prediction: 200+ Yards Passing and 200+ yards rushing.
That's almost exactly what I was thinking except that SJSU scores 10 against the defensive starters and gets a garbage time TD against the back-ups. 41-17 TU

That's almost exactly what I was thinking except that SJSU scores 10 against the defensive starters and gets a garbage time TD against the back-ups. 41-17 TU
Bonus Kendall prediction: We will beat no team this season by 24 points, much less on the road.

Reactions: TUMe and HuffyCane
Bonus Kendall prediction: We will beat no team this season by 24 points, much less on the road.
I think you underestimate our ability on offense. We came out throwing on our first couple of series and did OK and that was before we tried to run the ball and MSU realized we couldn't run against their front 7. (Not many teams, Wisconsin included, will be able to run against MSU's front 7). Once they knew we couldn't run, they just kept bringing 5. I am assuming that we will not play another team this year that even has half the talent MSU has in their front 7 and certainly no one will have the same DL capability. That fact alone should open up some run ability. When Smith did have time he looked good and the WRs looked good.

I will give you that if our OL cannot block SJSU this weekend...we will be in for another very poor season and will waste one of the best defenses TU has ever had.

Reactions: quincy101
MSU has the best front of seven of any team we will face for the next 5 years.

You can’t look at this game in that context.

The question isn’t whether we can attack the SJSU front. We know we can just looking at the two teams historically. It would be a shocking lapse in our offensive proficiency if we cannot run on them.

The question is whether we have the ability to attack the entire field on every play, which this offense depends upon to work. Without it, the line spacing and responsibilities of the overhang players are not put under pressure. It is exploiting those pressures that make this system work. To date, we’ve been unable to attract sufficient talent at key positions to make our offense a full field threat on every play. Even Baylor needed two full seasons for a Heisman quality athlete to become proficient.

Sorry to sideline the predictions. I’ll shut up.

Jessie, when I first read this paragraph I thought it was the start of a joke. Lol

I was looking at their roster last night and noticed the near uniformity of California guys. Figured it would make someone chuckle. :)

Missouri up 31-0 over WV. Wyoming's win looking solid. We REALLY need the W today. Not the time to "save" the playbook for something else.

Missouri up 31-0 over WV. Wyoming's win looking solid. We REALLY need the W today. Not the time to "save" the playbook for something else.
WV is bad. Like easily the worst team (worse than Kansas) in the Big XII. There is more than just the $$$ reason as to why Holgorsen left WVa for Houston.

WV may be bad, but Wyoming > Missouri > WV. I would have felt better for our chances if MO lost to a bad WV.

Argh. Northern Colorado hanging in there against Washington State (24-10 at half).

I'm nervous.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT