ADVERTISEMENT

Official Northwestern State Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
So it appears I have been MIA for a while. Truth is, NIL and transfer portal has just about killed by excitement about college sports. Please, let this be a successful year to renew my faith in the whole thing.

Based on absolutely nothing:

TU 34
NW St 18

Bonus Kendall Prediction: There won't be a QB starter controversy after this game, it will be Kirk's job to lose.

So it appears I have been MIA for a while. Truth is, NIL and transfer portal has just about killed by excitement about college sports. Please, let this be a successful year to renew my faith in the whole thing.

Based on absolutely nothing:

TU 34
NW St 18

Bonus Kendall Prediction: There won't be a QB starter controversy after this game, it will be Kirk's job to lose.
34-18? If the game is that close you may be covering your ears from ol' Doug Heff yelling at the top of his lungs all game.

TU 49
NWSU 13

34-18? If the game is that close you may be covering your ears from ol' Doug Heff yelling at the top of his lungs all game.

TU 49
NWSU 13
I typically cover my ears any time ol' Doug Heff is around. lol
Anyone have any idea what kind of attendance we’re expecting ? Would be nice to get 20k plus
It should be high, everyone wants to snag one of the sweet sweet Hawaiian shirts.

I typically cover my ears any time ol' Doug Heff is around. lol

It should be high, everyone wants to snag one of the sweet sweet Hawaiian shirts.
Get there early, only 2,500 shirts available.

Temp is predicted to still be over 90 at kickoff, which won’t help with a walk up crowd.

Get there early, only 2,500 shirts available.

Temp is predicted to still be over 90 at kickoff, which won’t help with a walk up crowd.
Good Lord if 90ish around kickoff keeps TU fans away then I dunno what to say. It's going to significantly cool off during the game.

Such a lazy group of fans. Just show up and cheer for the damn team.

Good Lord if 90ish around kickoff keeps TU fans away then I dunno what to say. It's going to significantly cool off during the game.

Such a lazy group of fans. Just show up and cheer for the damn team.
You know as well as I do how Tulsa fans are, and "it's too hot" is one of the most common excuses used. I was there the last time we played this team and it was too close for comfort. I hope we run them off the field this time around.

I took a quick look at the ticket map and it looks like we're about or just over 50% sold.

You know as well as I do how Tulsa fans are, and "it's too hot" is one of the most common excuses used. I was there the last time we played this team and it was too close for comfort. I hope we run them off the field this time around.

I took a quick look at the ticket map and it looks like we're about or just over 50% sold.
The last time we played this team was in 1983, was that what you are referring to? lol. I don't think we will have a problem this go round.

Hard to predict because I think they have pretty much a new team , however TU should have no trouble with this one
TU 42
Nw State- 13
( starters pulled in the 3rd)
Enough of a big win to show who was in charge, but a good time to get reps to some backups , after this game, there should be no more “ QB rotation “ unless a special package is being used

I will be getting one if those shirts. Hopefully there won’t just be S or XXXXL by the time I get mine. Will still wear S or XXXXL regardless :todd:

TU - 45
NWS - 10

Bonus pick: I have to tell DougHeffKing to stfu at least 3 times during the game,

• Haha
Reactions: Henry Kendall
I will be getting one if those shirts. Hopefully there won’t just be S or XXXXL by the time I get mine. Will still wear S or XXXXL regardless :todd:

TU - 45
NWS - 10

Bonus pick: I have to tell DougHeffKing to stfu at least 3 times during the game,
You just hope it's a small, so you can play bill bixby. Rip!!!

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
If we don't win by a wide margin I will be concerned, but not panicked.

I really don't know what to expect although I anticipate that we will be better. Hopefully much better than last year.

I have said this on a couple other threads so it sounds redundant to say it again, nevertheless, I think score will be closer than the actual game. Coach is trying to iron out starters in a live action game against an opponent. We will take a large first half lead and the second half will be used to try players out. See who fits, who doesn't. See what schemes we can run well in game and which we just aren't crisp on yet. Basically second half will be half game/half tryout/ and a third half game planning.

38-21

Bonus Prediction:
We will see multiple flags on regular tackles that they are calling hip-drop tackles forgetting it is not banned yet.

It's too hot and I didn't want to walk 3 blocks from a parking spot to the stadium, and there were going to be people sitting near me, and my pacemaker battery needs to be recharged, and the sun was going to be out for a few minutes, and the benches are hard, and they play that darned rock n roll during the game, and tickets cost more than a nickel, and my ambien kicks in at 8pm, and there's no parking garage on campus

;)

Laissez les bon temps roulez...

Smoked Bologna 63
Boudin 7

Bonus pick.. get in this Parrot Head's way at the gate and I will shank you with a shark fin..

TU wins 42-17 but it won't be close. I think we give up 2 TDs due to inexperience on defense but otherwise dominate both sides.

Ok, so they have a new coach, a butt ton of new players, and most importantly, really ugly school colors. I would like to amend my prediction:

Classy unis: 45
Junior high unis: 14

Reactions: TU 1978
They just need to bring some drunk cheerleaders and Bobby Boucher and we are set
Is it just me , or did it sound like they were trying to make us seem like a winnable game for them ? “ they were picked to finish near last in the aac.”

I’ve seen the odds anywhere from Tulsa -32 to Tulsa -34. Let’s hope we cover.

it's never to ..., for me to attend a TU game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT