ADVERTISEMENT

Official Navy prediction thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
About a decade ago, TU hired a disgruntled OC from Arkansas. He brought in a radical new HUNH offense. The yards and the points started piling up, so now practically everyone in college football is doing it.

Fast forward to today, and now TU has an amazingly balanced offensive attack. It's so unique that Les Miles is studying it, now that he has some extra time on his hands. What is old is new again.

No snarky comments this week, too much respect for the Naval Academy.

TU 41
Navy 37

Reactions: RealTUTypical
About a decade ago, TU hired a disgruntled OC from Arkansas. He brought in a radical new HUNH offense. The yards and the points started piling up, so now practically everyone in college football is doing it.

Fast forward to today, and now TU has an amazingly balanced offensive attack. It's so unique that Les Miles is studying it, now that he has some extra time on his hands. What is old is new again.

No snarky comments this week, too much respect for the Naval Academy.

TU 41
Navy 37
TU's offense is still a HUNH spread O...it's not the slow grind it out pro-style offense that Rader and Blankenship ran.

True, it is still HUNH, but the staff runs a more traditional offense from it. Very little gadget stuff, more traditional offense executed very well. Which is all the more impressive from this coaching staff.

I characterized Tulsa's offense as a spread veer. The key is that we take the safety out of run support by formation which creates mismatches in the run game. If the defense moves the safety inside and up for run support we take advantage of the alignment via our receivers. Dane doesn't allow Monty to really utiltize the QB run portion of the offense. Assume we will see that open up next season.

TU 45
Navy 35

Both the Briles and the Malzahn offense rely heavily on veer concepts

Has to be a shootout for us to win. TU-42 Team that's beaten Army 13 years in a row-40.

hard to beat Navy on the road, senior day, etc., but TU has more fire power. With no TOs and a sharp performance on offense, TU 45 Navy 38
If TU sputters at all, it could easily be the reverse

Keys: TU plays fast and efficiently on offense. TU defense needs to get off the field on 3rd and long. If they can reach their avg. of 6 3 and outs then TU wins.

38-20

Well, after the oBasketball meltdown tonight, we can confidently predict that TU will soar in Football - we never have both - and win tomorrow morning, win out, and play in the Cotton Bowl and beat our dear poke friends from Stillwater. I love a brunch game with bloody Marias,

I grew up watching a lot of Army-Navy games, with my dad. He was a WWII Navy vet, so I've always liked Navy.

Hopefully we can slow down their option game. I'd give #12 (Thomas) a chance at LB tomorrow. He was the only LB that could stop Greg Ward on 3rd down.

Tulsa 38 Navy 34

I grew up watching a lot of Army-Navy games, with my dad. He was a WWII Navy vet, so I've always liked Navy.

Hopefully we can slow down their option game. I'd give #12 (Thomas) a chance at LB tomorrow. He was the only LB that could stop Greg Ward on 3rd down.

Tulsa 38 Navy 34
Hey, Fanzz- Google the USS Downes,alongside another destroyer, the Cassin, both in drydock on 12/07/41. My dad was a gunner's mate on the Downes. He & his buddies were on the dock shooting with bolt action Springfields because they had no power for anti aircraft fire. The reason the 2 tin cans are blown to hell is that the Japanese planes kept trying to strafe,bomb & torpedo the USS Pennsylvania(in drydock less than 50 yards away) and missed!!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT