ADVERTISEMENT

Official Memphis prediction thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
After a thorough drubbing of the new-look Angry "Don't Call Me Green" Wave last week, we move on to the land of overrated barbecue. The Memphis "Don't Call Me MU" Tigers could not stop the 1940s era running attack of Navy. Expect to see another big game from the madman James Flanders. Where has he been all these years?

Monty: Make Tulsa Great Again!: 45
Pyramid Power Bass Pro: 40

Bonus Kendall prediction: 300+ Rushing yards.
Double bonus: Rowdy Simon scores another TD on short yardage.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
After a slow first half, I think Monty and staff make some good adjustments that will frustrate Memphis' offense in the 2nd half. 24-17 Tulsa at half, 38-20 to end the game.

Wasn't Memphis winless a few years ago? They don't have Lynch, they don't have a chance. Tulsa wins this one. It'll be close, but a win is a win, just like a loss by an inch to Houston is a loss. Have no clue what the score will be, but Tulsa wins and ESPN pickers can go pound sand.

Is this the one you was referrin' to?

raf.jpg

Wasn't Memphis winless a few years ago? They don't have Lynch, they don't have a chance. Tulsa wins this one. It'll be close, but a win is a win, just like a loss by an inch to Houston is a loss. Have no clue what the score will be, but Tulsa wins and ESPN pickers can go pound sand.

The answer to your question is no...and if your memory is that bad, I won't trust the rest :)

The answer to your question is no...and if your memory is that bad, I won't trust the rest :)

Tommy West left the program in shambles and his replacement Larry Porter won only 3 games in his two years as head coach. They won only a single game in 2010.

It's a challenging game and would be a breakthrough road win as an underdog. But, there is a sense that the team is ready to make the next step. Bonus prediction: Tulane beats SMU in New Orleans.

Reactions: Raisin_Cane
Yep, his teammates were mostly black and he wanted to bond with them, so he let them do his hair for the photo...tells me he knows how to relate to the kids we recruit...that pic tells me Memphis hired the right guy.
I won't dispute that Memphis hired the right guy...but that picture is almost comical and something Norvell probably wishes would just go away

[QUOTE Bonus prediction: Tulane beats SMU in New Orleans.[/QUOTE]

I think I could buy that....SMU will probably have an epic let down after their win over Houston. Chad's a good coach though and he and his staff are probably bringing it up every day. Tulane's offense is just downright inept.

Yep, his teammates were mostly black and he wanted to bond with them, so he let them do his hair for the photo...tells me he knows how to relate to the kids we recruit...that pic tells me Memphis hired the right guy.

Picture has nothing to do with him being the right or wrong hire. Simply a picture a lot of us around here get a chuckle from. As you may or may not know he was a position coach at Tulsa in the 2000s. We started posting this picture of Norvell here back when he was an assistant.

I dont see beating Memphis as an upset. Tulsa need to run the ball run reverse and jet sweep with Johnson and include a reverse pass in the game plan. We need to run a 50 front with man coverage and safety over the top. Mix up coverage teams are picking on Kerwin Thomas so Robinson play more snaps.

Tul$a 45
Your fried chicken is better than your barbecue 42

Also, Prairie>big ass beers

I dont see beating Memphis as an upset. Tulsa need to run the ball run reverse and jet sweep with Johnson and include a reverse pass in the game plan.

Nope... just need to line up and run it down their gut. This offensive line is really impressing me with how they are run blocking right now. Reverses and jet sweeps kill drives if not executed properly.

Pound it down their throats and by the third quarter they will be begging for mercy like Houston was..

Reactions: ShaneB72
People are starting to figure out some of our defensive looks.

Tulsa 55
Memphis 48

We score a TD in the last minute to go ahead.

People are starting to figure out some of our defensive looks.

Tulsa 55
Memphis 48

We score a TD in the last minute to go ahead.
I don't think they are. Tulane had some big runs last week because we were playing a true freshman at arguably the most important position on the defensive side of the ball last week.
Remaining schedule:

Memphis - toss up
ECU - win
Navy - loss
UCF - win
Cinn - toss up
Don't write us off against Navy. They're good but so are we. And the Cincinnati game is not much of a toss up IMO. They are not very good this year and they've had a lot of inner turmoil with Kiel not starting. Memphis is only a toss up if we go brain dead in the first half. They've had a lot of distractions this week and a starting DL quit the team. Have some faith. This is not your ordinary TU team.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Dont write us off none of the following games. When your feel like your a champion then you take them all on good or bad teams. Teams should be fearing us. We have an opportunity to win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT