ADVERTISEMENT

NIT

Absolutely not. No way. Certainly impossible, even without the completely unfair NIT selection rules this season.

Do we get an NIT bid?
Men, No NIT under any circumstance. It's win the AAC tournament and go to the NCAA play in game or pack it in for the season. Women, yes if the format of taking regular season conference champs is the same as it is with the men's bracket.

This might come off wrong but in no way is it meant to be a slight or be disparaging...However, Let's say we somehow win the tournament and we make it to the NCAA play-in game....would you want that knowing that most likely we are somewhere we shouldn't be and we are putting out a team in a national tournament that really has no business being there and could make us look a little silly in from of millions watching....or would you rather us go deep in our conference tournament but lose championship game and go into next season with the confidence that we have what it takes to play with the big boys of our conference.

This might come off wrong but in no way is it meant to be a slight or be disparaging...However, Let's say we somehow win the tournament and we make it to the NCAA play-in game....would you want that knowing that most likely we are somewhere we shouldn't be and we are putting out a team in a national tournament that really has no business being there and could make us look a little silly in from of millions watching....or would you rather us go deep in our conference tournament but lose championship game and go into next season with the confidence that we have what it takes to play with the big boys of our conference.
NCAA Tourney without a doubt.

I don’t care if we bribe somebody I would want the kids to play in the tournament. I will be happy if we just win one game in the conference tournament but anything can happen in a three game tournament.

Give us the bag.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Made me think of this game. Obviously this team and the '98 team are in no way, shape or form anywhere similar, my point is, getting your a$$ beat in the tournament on national tv isn't the worst thing in the world. I actually remember us losing this game by 40, must be the trauma memories.

But unfortunately I agree with Nevada's assessment.

Tulsa Learns Duke Is Great to Last Stop

Haith took at unexpected at large and got embarrassed in play in game. We still got money.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Haith took at unexpected at large and got embarrassed in play in game. We still got money.
You raise a good, related point, an undeserved tourney bid can make it harder to fire a guy who needs to be fired. I think we're pretty far away from that with Konkol though. Can you imagine if Wojick had made the tourney? He'd still be our coach.

wojick and ncaa tournament.......there's two things that don't often collide in the same sentence.......

Reactions: chito_and_leon
wojick and ncaa tournament.......there's two things that don't often collide in the same sentence.......
I don't know. This one works really well.

"Following the conclusion of the season, coach Wojcik settled in on his couch to watch the NCAA tournament."

Last edited:
Reactions: chito_and_leon
Are you thinking of a different game? I could have sworn we talked at halftime. Because when Shaq made the layup to take the lead with 3 minutes left, the Michigan fan next to me said “That’s game. I hope you guys crush Notre Dame”.

Are you thinking of a different game? I could have sworn we talked at halftime. Because when Shaq made the layup to take the lead with 3 minutes left, the Michigan fan next to me said “That’s game. I hope you guys crush Notre Dame”.
That was definitely not an embarassing game. Michigan hit a 3 to take the lead with like 50 seconds left. Tough loss for sure, but not embarassing.

I thought the embarrassing part was that we gave Michigan 20 points off of unforced turnovers and only could go 3-15 from the three. That was unlike our better play during the year. The final score was not that embarrassing but you don't lose that kind of game against a rather weak Michigan team.

I don't know why but I thought for some reason the play in games didn't get NCAA credits from the tourney

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT