ADVERTISEMENT

New Orleans Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
TU by 15. If that doesn't happen my insistence on sunshine pumping may die today.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
We obviously have a lot of questions to be answered with this team. The 2 biggest questions for me : How big a difference can Wheeler make? Will we show improvement in defense & rebounding?

The # of players that need to show significant improvement exceeds the # of players who don't.

Don't Need To Show Signifcant Improvement:

- Birt
- Etou
- Igbanu
- Magnay

I think that covers it?

Everyone needs to show significant improvement.

Should be a perfect opponent for a young team to gain some confidence. OSU was up 38-12 against these guys after 10 minutes and could have won by 50. A shot of confidence could do wonders for this team as it heads into the next few games.

Let me enjoy my sunshine pumping while I can. I'm afraid it'll go bye bye around 4-5pm today. :(

Here are improvements I'd like to see:

Fewer turnovers.

Shoot 70% from free throw line.

Igbanu only two turnovers.

Etou three fouls for game.

Edogi can foul out as long as he actually plays his position.

Taplin eight points, four assists, two turnovers.

Wheeler 14 points.

Birt hits three threes.

Henderson eight points.

One of Atson or Korita give us 10 good minutes.

Artison plays 10 minutes, doesn't force a shot. Fouls his man if he gets beat on defense.

This doable and would make a big improvement.

I just want a W. 15 points would be a bonus. I saw about 10 good minutes against WSU. Make that 40 including a good start this PM.

At this point Tulsa coaches will have to do some miracle fast developing for this team to have even an average season. I consider average to be around .500 for wins and losses.

While we're waiting for both games tonight I thought I'd throw out a Cliff Clavin little known fact--New Orleans signed the tallest and shortest player in Nov--7-3 and 5-6. I believe they plan to use them in a high/low post offense.

My god. Over/Under on BBall team winning more games than the football team. Yikes. Gotta figure something out

The limbo promo is great. How low can we go???

Need Magnay and Igbanu to get as many minutes as possible. They have serious potential.

My sunshine left 1st exhibition. Stil there for support and hoping light will turn on

Wow. Just wow.

BTW, at tipoff there were 2 students in their section. 2.

It looks like less than 1000 people on the broadcast.

It's thanksgiving break all week for the students.

Since 1982, I've probably missed 10 home games...

The worst TU teams I can remember...

• JD Barnett's 20 loss team
  • Both of Phillip's 20 loss teams (the second one was worse)
This team is significantly worse than those teams.

The weird part? I think this team probably has better players, but...defensively, this is the worst D1 basketball team I've ever seen.

I'm sure there will be improvement, but I'm not sure how to fix the lack of quickness issue in the back court.

I don't understand the free throw situation. I heard about the great shooting in the exhibitions and scrimmages but they've shot horribly so far in the games I've watched. There should be no difference from game to game on free throws.

Hey look at that, we pushed the ball and got an easy basket

Good end to first half, with Taplin doing a Tyus Edney imitation to tie it up @ 34.

Wheeler does make us better. Still a long ways to go.

Hey, we're not trailing at the half. We really need to work on interior defense. They were letting the NO players get behind them too often early. I know people will rag on the perimeter defense but there's not much you can do about a guy dropping bombs from 25 feet over and over.

Hey, we're not trailing at the half. We really need to work on interior defense. They were letting the NO players get behind them too often early. I know people will rag on the perimeter defense but there's not much you can do about a guy dropping bombs from 25 feet over and over.

Agreed. Worse part of the defense in that 1st half was interior. I counted at least FIVE times the interior allowed their man behind them inside. That's a big no no at any level

I was going to mention Edney ! Defense has graduated it appears.
Wheeler can play. Artison has a Justin Hurtt shot if it can get consistent. Igbanu best post up position for TU in years. Magnay has great fundamentals for a freshman.

We were second worst in AAC in three point defense last year. Trying for the worst this year it seems.

Reactions: Gold*
It's coaching. You CAN coach guarding and fronting the perimeter shooter. Have to practice it and emphasize it. Haith obviously does not.

Holy crap. I know it's early, but damn. We look bad against bad teams. 500 is a frikken dream his year. 500 going into conference is a dream, and we only have 2 real contenders on the schedule. My pessimistic the sky is falling side fears it's possible to have a goose egg in the W column come December.

Someone tell me I'm a whining moron, please!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT