ADVERTISEMENT

New KenPom time

11 wins is basically just regression to the mean. Very bad AAC teams usually win 10 - 12 games. Only colossally bad AAC teams win fewer than 10, usually one AAC team per year comes in under 10. So this is saying we probably won't be colossally, historically, bad again. I'd like to think we can hit a little higher than that but who knows.
Oh you think so Doctor?

Today we’re up to 225. So, we’ve already climbed 47 spots with our first 3 wins. We get one more home game against a bottom feeder team & then we hit the road and the level of competition starts increasing.

I really like Konkol’s scheduling for this completely new and very young team!

Last edited:
Today we’re up to 225. So, we’ve already climbed 47 spots with our first 3 wins. We get one more home game against a bottom feeder team & then we hit the road and the level of competition starts increasing.

I really like Konkol’s scheduling for this completely new and very young team!
Onward and upward baby!

Man, I was looking at upcoming opponents and Jackson St's schedule sounds like a nightmare with tight turn arounds and the travel they are doing in the first 10 days of the season:

11/6 - at Memphis (94-77 loss)
11/8 - at San Diego
11/10 - at California Baptist
11/14 - at Loyola Marymount
11/16 - at Tulsa
Veer left at amarillo and again at OKC, adding Tulsa to that bus ride only adds 3 hours to the trip from LA to Jackson, a bargain for the pay day...

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Veer left at amarillo and again at OKC, adding Tulsa to that bus ride only adds 3 hours to the trip from LA to Jackson, a bargain for the pay day...
Yeah, I think we are one of the few games in their OOC that makes sense with the teams they play around us. On the broadcast last night they said Jackson St is traveling about 10,000 miles for its OOC schedule.

Well, we hit win #12 on January 31st, beating the 11 win preseason prediction. Also, we’re up to 164 on Kenpom, from a preseason rank of 272. Now we need to finish with a winning record and have upward momentum for next season!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tu Geo and ctt8410
Does anyone have our Ken Pom ranking for every week this year? I would love to see that data in a graph.

Does anyone have our Ken Pom ranking for every week this year? I would love to see that data in a graph.
i7Lv6ii.png

Very cool. Thanks for posting this graph. Did you make this yourself or does this come from the Ken Pom website? I wonder how our previous head coaches would compare in a similar period.

I know many on the board are ready to ditch Konkol, but I am still very optimistic about the future, and the data shows we are improving.

Very cool. Thanks for posting this graph. Did you make this yourself or does this come from the Ken Pom website? I wonder how our previous head coaches would compare in a similar period.

I know many on the board are ready to ditch Konkol, but I am still very optimistic about the future, and the data shows we are improving.
Who's ready to ditch Konkol outside of a few morons? NOBODY.

Reactions: drboobay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT