Cincinnati A W 142

Loss

South Carolina N L 103

Q4

Wins

Northwestern St. H W 322
UT Arlington H W 228

Loss

Looks like we will have a handful of additional quadrant 1 opportunities, mostly on the road.

If we can get 2 more of those it would help us a lot.

Just to put this out there our two postponements are

Arkansas 24
ORU 121
Christ almighty ORU has played a wonderful schedule. Rogers St., Bacone, & SW Christian.

I wonder which one of those didn't count on their win total, Rogers or Bacone.

Well the record they have on the net doesn’t count any of those three
Never mind. I forgot that we were 6-3 after Cincinnati, not 5-3. Assumed they were counting SW Christian for us, and must be counting it for them. Just thought that they didn't include their wins against Omaha yet.

Reactions: loca2874
Never mind. I forgot that we were 6-3 after Cincinnati, not 5-3. Assumed they were counting SW Christian for us, and must be counting it for them. Just thought that they didn't include their wins against Omaha yet.
Their record becomes a moot point if we don’t get them rescheduled. Same with Arkansas

Looking at the teams above us there are many without q1 wins. That is in our favor for now.

Well the record they have on the net doesn’t count any of those three

ORU is going to benefit from their schedule, wins will be important but the fact they played pretty well against some good teams (Arkansas, OU, Ok St, and WSU) and NET rewards that. If they continue to play at a high level they should have big victories in the Summit and it will help build them. They have been making incremental improvements this past few years. With the way NET works if they get back on dominating their conference they will be a consistent top 120/100ish team. Probably in their better years an NIT selection in ranking. We should always play them but them getting to that level will help both programs a lot.

I think they have a good shot of being that auto bid, getting them and Arkansas would be helpful for our resume. I like that we have rotated OU, OSU, Arkansas in for series. I would like us to put together two of the three most years with ORU as our constant ooc core games.

ORU is going to benefit from their schedule, wins will be important but the fact they played pretty well against some good teams (Arkansas, OU, Ok St, and WSU) and NET rewards that. If they continue to play at a high level they should have big victories in the Summit and it will help build them. They have been making incremental improvements this past few years. With the way NET works if they get back on dominating their conference they will be a consistent top 120/100ish team. Probably in their better years an NIT selection in ranking. We should always play them but them getting to that level will help both programs a lot.

I think they have a good shot of being that auto bid, getting them and Arkansas would be helpful for our resume. I like that we have rotated OU, OSU, Arkansas in for series. I would like us to put together two of the three most years with ORU as our constant ooc core games.
Absolutely agree with this. We need to schedule these types of games on a regular basis. ORU is deadly and they should rip through the summit conference to get the auto bid. I am one of those that feel we should play ORU every year.

Absolutely agree with this. We need to schedule these types of games on a regular basis. ORU is deadly and they should rip through the summit conference to get the auto bid. I am one of those that feel we should play ORU every year.

Something like this and a decent exempt tourney gives us a solid resume ooc most years, kind of similar to the Big 5 for Temple.

I hope we start seeing scheduling that accounts for the new metric. We should be trying to sign series with bottom 1/3 p5 big east teams and the dominant teams in the conferences that are in those 11-15 range every year (NMST in the WAC, UNI in the MVC, Wofford, Mid Tenn/Marshall/W. Kentucky/North Texas CUSA).

Most of those type teams will end up quad 2 games generally. The p5 teams won't fall too far despite being terrible, the other conferences will see dominant teams sit right around that 100-120 rank. Throw in the three local games we both want to see and a decent exempt tournament plus a sacrificial lamb buy game for a great schedule the fans want and will help us secure an at large.

I doubt we get UCONN and their low tier Big East profile to schedule us for an OOC game.

I dont know about rip through the summit. Sdsu and ndsu are always going to be tough. Sdsu has a win against Iowa St and had West Virginia on the ropes most of their game. Another win against a fairly good Bradley team. Id say SDSU is the favorite there.

Reactions: quincy101
I dont know about rip through the summit. Sdsu and ndsu are always going to be tough. Sdsu has a win against Iowa St and had West Virginia on the ropes most of their game. Another win against a fairly good Bradley team. Id say SDSU is the favorite there.
My bad I should have said should they rip through to get the auto bid.

Christ almighty ORU has played a wonderful schedule. Rogers St., Bacone, & SW Christian.

I wonder which one of those didn't count on their win total, Rogers or Bacone.

ORU has also played road games at Missouri, Arkansas, Wichita State, OSU & OU. That is a legit non conference schedule.

SDSU:
Iowa St 209
Bradley 108
W. Virgin 29

ORU:
Missouri 10
Arkansas 24
Oklahoma St 35
OU 49
WSU 61

ORU has been in pretty much every game. I would say they have had the much harder schedule and are the favorites, especially since they get SDSU at home for two games. Even with out a crowd sleeping in your own bed and no travel are advantages.

We'll see though

just saw that Memphis at UCF postponed tonight. I'm wondering which team is in COVID protocol. After the @ USF game, the next home game for TU is Saturday vs. UCF. My guess is that no one in our league will have a full 20 game schedule.

just saw that Memphis at UCF postponed tonight. I'm wondering which team is in COVID protocol. After the @ USF game, the next home game for TU is Saturday vs. UCF. My guess is that no one in our league will have a full 20 game schedule.
Was UCF, not Memphis.🥵

Can they pull out of it by Saturday, yeah right.

Does Arkansas or ORU have a covid issue with an opponent this weekend?

SDSU:
Iowa St 209
Bradley 108
W. Virgin 29

ORU:
Missouri 10
Arkansas 24
Oklahoma St 35
OU 49
WSU 61

ORU has been in pretty much every game. I would say they have had the much harder schedule and are the favorites, especially since they get SDSU at home for two games. Even with out a crowd sleeping in your own bed and no travel are advantages.

We'll see though
I agree they've had more teams that are ranked higher. But their only wins against D1 competition was against Omaha. Lost to Missouri by almost 30. And were down by 23 against OU with 4 minutes to go until OU put in their backups. They did play OSU and Wichita close though...too early to tell. I am excited to see what happens though

Pretty significant movement today for a number of teams that didn't play yesterday, suggesting some data entry error. This remains my primary concern with the NET, the complete lack of transparency. There are dozens of KenPom acolytes who would catch those issues within minutes of the rankings release if they made the formula open source. Instead, it remains a black box.

Its UCF as of right now and yes we probably will. The current standard is if you miss a game on covid you will play back to backs the next time you play. So ECU could end up playing back to back games at Wichita since they cancelled the trip earlier.

Its UCF as of right now and yes we probably will. The current standard is if you miss a game on covid you will play back to backs the next time you play. So ECU could end up playing back to back games at Wichita since they cancelled the trip earlier.
Where the heck did you get that 'factoid' from?

Somebody ask him, cuz he won't see my question, considering he is ignoring me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT