ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tourney Thread

Mountain West, four Teams in, four teams out. If Houston wins the AAC will at minimum get as many credits at they do.
The Mountain West was very overrated. The current quad rating system was made to help power conferences. Most power conferences rack up a lot of quad 1 wins in conference. The MWC was able to pull that off this season by having 4 decent teams.

Still, when a Sagarin #83 rated Wyoming gets an at large over a then #40 rated SMU, it exposes the flaw in the current system. The AAC was rated higher overall than the MWC on Sagarin, yet they got 4 bids to our 2 bids. After watching Memphis beat Boise, it only confirms my belief that the Sagarin ratings are better than the quad system used by the NCAA.

Don’t you have to win to get credits?
You get a credit for each round you appear in with the final four considered one round. So the MWC gets four credits for four first round teams. Memphis won today so if Houston wins we will get four credits for two first round and two second round appearances.

SMU would have gotten smoked in a first round game as well. I’m fairly certain of that

Reactions: loca2874
The Mountain West was very overrated. The current quad rating system was made to help power conferences. Most power conferences rack up a lot of quad 1 wins in conference. The MWC was able to pull that off this season by having 4 decent teams.

Still, when a Sagarin #83 rated Wyoming gets an at large over a then #40 rated SMU, it exposes the flaw in the current system. The AAC was rated higher overall than the MWC on Sagarin, yet they got 4 bids to our 2 bids. After watching Memphis beat Boise, it only confirms my belief that the Sagarin ratings are better than the quad system used by the NCAA.
That’s what I said on selection Sunday. The MWC was two teams good, possibly three but not four. Living in Reno I get to see a lot of MWC highlights.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I’m disappointed, I was hoping that if they both kept winning we might get a matchup of the Zips vs the Zags but after checking my bracket that couldn’t happen until the final four.

• Haha
SMU would have gotten smoked in a first round game as well. I’m fairly certain of that
I don’t think SMU was anything special, but there are a lot of average teams this year. If they took Wyoming’s spot, I think they could’ve beaten Indiana. My main problem with SMU not being selected was it cost TU some $.

Reactions: Tu Geo
I love these first 2 full days of the tournamenot! I can’t help but root for the underdogs, no matter what it does to my brackets! Watching UCONN lose was my favorite so far, followed by Kentucky. If UCLA (with Cronin coaching) loses, that will almost be up there with UCONN!

I was just looking through the schedule and today’s matchups just don’t seem as exciting as yesterday’s. Maybe Delaware can get the juices flowing.

Texas Tech is an experienced, well coached team. They always come out prepared to play. The game vs Montana State was never in doubt from the opening tip and Tech will have an opportunity to rest a lot of players and some depth players will get a lot of minutes today. Something definitely a plus in these 2 game short weekend scenarios.

The problem with the second day of the tournament is it’s almost 2:30 PDT and we’re getting ready to see our first upset (a 10 is taking down a 7) and it doesn’t feel like an upset because it’s an ACC team.

There it is, no upsets except in the power 💪 conferences. No Cinderellas born today. 3 yesterday at least.

Alexi Lalas and Sirius Black are the best people on North Carolina. The bleach head guy for Baylor is the third best player for North Carolina

I am the biggest North Carolina hater there is, but the bleach headed guy makes me want North Carolina to beat the brakes off of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT