ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

Michigan is 7-14 from 3 in the first half vs. Notre Dame. I'm a little shocked that ND doesn't use Auguste more. He's a beast.
Notre Dame played zone in 1st half. Despite what any nat'l. commentators say, Tulsa's man to man D was a big factor in Michigan's poor 3 point shooting Wednesday night.

I wish there was a real playoff like this in college football where we could see lots of the mighty p5 teams crash.

Color analyst in Texas/UNI game "Felix plays a little closer to the ground". Dude is about 5'9" and looks like Frodo Baggins

Reactions: TU 1978
Wow. Crazy night. Goodbye Ellis. Maybe Captain Sportsmanship can find you a gig next year. Hate for AAC to lose, but like watching Capt. Sportsmanship lose.

Of course, Cinci should have won by 10. Will he do the interview in the men's room?

If we had to lose, I'd prefer to lose the way we did instead of the way Temple & Cincy lost. Incredibly tough losses for the AAC today.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Wichita St. had a bad first half. Here's hoping they turn it around the second half. Wishing one of our all-time great rivalries a great second half and a great run in the tourney. Go Shockers!

UConn could definitely beat KU. Good guards, a good rim protector and a lot of confidence and momentum.

WSU couldn't quite pull it off. Now after listening to Larranaga I can't stop saying "yuge" as in the effort was YUGE.

WSU battled back tough. Just had some bad breaks in the final 3 minutes.

***Some douche bag on ESPN just posted something like.... "Marshall may leave now".... PATHETIC. Just GD pathetic. Baker and Van Vleet and Marshall deserve better than that...

WSU battled back tough. Just had some bad breaks in the final 3 minutes.

***Some douche bag on ESPN just posted something like.... "Marshall may leave now".... PATHETIC. Just GD pathetic. Baker and Van Vleet and Marshall deserve better than that...
How many shots can Baker take that go half way down and spin out? He seemed snakebite in the two main bracket games WSU played

Eric McClellan had a great game looked like a really good player tonight. That makes three players that had very successful NCAA Tourney games after leaving the program. Hill had a great game against Memphis and McLean had a nice run for Xavier. I always suspected that Hill and McLean left because Wojcik was a prick. I guess some posters might know other more PC reasons.

Clarkson's success in the NBA has also been a pleasant surprise. It never ceases to amaze me how many good players he actually recruited. But all the guys that left seemed to do better without Wojcik.

GO TU!!!

I haven't seen Zelton Steed or Duke Edsall in anyone of these games. Are they wearing costumes?

Reactions: TU_BLA
SFA's defense would have worked well for the talent we had this year. They really cover the next pass away , trap the ball screen out of it, and don't like to give open threes. Leaves a lot of room to drive but those only count two.

Last edited:
SFA's defense would have worked well for the talent we had this year. They really cover the next pass away , trap the ball screen out of it, and don't like to give open threes. Leaves a lot of room to drive but those only count two.
Bingo. As thinking the exact same thing. They are tenacious and quick and undersized. Underwood gets more out of his talent than coaches who have superior talent.

WHAT.A.GAME! I really wanted SFA to win but win or lose that was a heck of a ballgame.

SFA got screwed. Crap over the back call with a minute left and crap call on the layup contest at 45 seconds.

SFA stopped running offense...
It's like playing a prevent defense in football.

Spells almost always... CERTAIN DOOM.

The call on the layup usually goes that way but I totally agree on the over the back. Both went straight up, minimal contact and the SFA player tipped it out. That's a no call for a good official. I have to say I can't remember a NCAA tourney that's been called this tight. One of the early games had more fouls called than shots taken at halftime.

SFA stopped running offense...
It's like playing a prevent defense in football.

Spells almost always... CERTAIN DOOM.
Wow...you're right about something. Last 2 minutes SFA went into the DW offense and cleared out for Walkcup when their motion and ball movement and backdoor cuts gave ND fits all game. The foul on Vasturia was bogus as the SFA player went straight up. The over the back call was egregiously bad. That call would not have been made in the 1st minute of the game. If it's not a foul then, it's not a foul at the end.

We didn't chat much about Gonzaga dismantling Utah last night. 30 pt win...good grief. Utah was severely over-seeded IMO. Gonzaga was about where their resume should have been rated. Gonzaga's size can create some big issues for teams and if they're hitting their shots they can be tough.

Eric McClellan had a great game looked like a really good player tonight. That makes three players that had very successful NCAA Tourney games after leaving the program. Hill had a great game against Memphis and McLean had a nice run for Xavier. I always suspected that Hill and McLean left because Wojcik was a prick. I guess some posters might know other more PC reasons.

Clarkson's success in the NBA has also been a pleasant surprise. It never ceases to amaze me how many good players he actually recruited. But all the guys that left seemed to do better without Wojcik.

GO TU!!!
I was extremely disappointed when McLean left. He was set to be a superstar here and potential CUSA POY. Wojcik ran a lot of kids off and I could never figure out why

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT