ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So refs have started their garbage of protecting Duke. UNCW running at Duke and because Duke doesn't play any defense lots of ridiculous calls against UNCW including some pretty questionable offensive fouls.

Duke was in the double bonus in the second half before the 10 minute mark

Fouls 33-18

GO TU!!!!

UCONN coming back strong after being down 8-9 points the first half against Colorado. Need AAC teams to get some respect (and money) for the conference.

UCONN struggled when we pressed them as well in the game at Storrs. Gibbs is not a good player despite what everyone wants you to believe.

They shot 97% from the line. That's what won it. Colorado shot about 60%.

They shot 97% from the line. That's what won it. Colorado shot about 60%.
UCONN didn't seem to miss any key FTs down he stretch against us either. Quality stuff right there. Honestly the difference between TU playing last night vs today or tomorrow Were FT misses against ORU and Temple

Have you guys seen that BWW commercial yet where the mom goes in to watch the games and the kids stay in the car with dad?

It's hilarious, LOL

Just realized that the NCAA and CBS have abandoned the notion that the First Four games constituted the 1st round and today/tomorrow are 2nd round games. Brackets and CBS all referring to today's action as 1st rd games with winners moving in to 2nd round. The announcers seem to be over-emphasizing the mention of what round it is

Everyone griped about Tulsa getting a play in bid and yet two of the big 12's SEVEN teams have lost to Butler and Yale... YALE.....

Imagine.. If the committee hadn't wasted those bids there would have been room for Monmouth and one of the other left outs....

18-5 run to close the game and Purdue and UALR are going to OT. What a game.

New best game of the day and 12-5 upset, Yoolar over Purdue. Anyone still calling Yoolar a bad loss?

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Technically I only have one loss so far in my bracket, the Texas Tech game. The winner of the Tulsa/Michigan game wasn't a choice in filling in my bracket.

This is the BEST weekend for college basketball of the year.

I love seeing all the high(overrated) seeds getting beat.

The First Four gives a huge advantage at least the first half against "bye" teams. 5 seeds and 6 seeds against the 11 FF winner are having a tough time. We'll see if that holds true for Michigan vs ND.

Nice day for TU opponents with WSU over Az, Ualr over Purdue and Cinncy over Col
Folks please P5 is a football term. Despite Brown and Haisten who use it to denigrate any program outside the P5 (e.g., There are three openings for Ford in the P5 TCU, Rutgers and X as if other programs such as Memphis were inferior jobs< really?/) so let's not use that term.)

The Big East, American and Atlantic 10 are high major conferences in BBall despite the Big 12 P5 bias over our local idiots.

2 #12s and 2 #11s advanced yesterday, including a First Four team (Wichita State). Seeds 3-12 are a lot closer in terms of team quality than the seeding indicates. Yesterday Andy Katz and a couple of so-called experts started lamenting that such a good team like Arizona would have to face a drastically under-seeded, under appreciated team in Wichita State. Katz said they seeded the team's record and not the quality of the team. The talking heads at ESPN change their stance every step of the way...they want to look at stats and BPIs and RPIs that they create but don't want to tell anyone how they created them, and when the committee does look at the so called items ESPN finds important and it ends up costing a P5 major program, ESPN doesn't like it. Lots of people questioned Wichita State's inclusion because they lost games they shouldn't have lost even when Van Vleet played in those games. Van Vleet played against TU and TU beat them pretty easily. Maybe he wasn't 100%, but he still had minutes and if I remember correctly, he hit a 30 footer just before half time to take the lead.

Best day ever for my NCAA bracket :

15-1

Lost the Providence layup game. Picked Yale and UALR

So impressed with Wichita totally out played #6 seed Arizona.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: t-townpod
Better basketball fundamentals, not as athletic. Is talent a combination of the two?

The net capacity of a team to beat someone certainly is......We were pretty strong on
the athletic side, and only so-so on fundamentals.....

While Shaq was a great athlete, and undoubtably our best player, our point guard play
left a funny taste in one's mouth....You could see the difference when Taplin was in the
game, which because of his defensive shortfall, was very little in most games....A
really good PG is like a really good QB....They have an intuitive feel for the position...

I think it will be very important, even critical, to next year's success, that Taplin become
physically stronger and a much better defender in the off season....We need him at the
PG position, especially while Battle learns the college game......

Temple on a huge 13-2 run to go from 10 down to up 1 in the first half. The CBS ticker at the top of the screen right now is pretty interesting as all of the lower double digit seeds have won (#10 VCU) or ahead including Hawai'i up 8 on 4-seed Cal, Middle Tennessee up on 2-seed Michigan St at half, and Temple up 1 on Iowa (who was in the AP top 5 3-4 weeks ago). Best time of year for basketball!

The net capacity of a team to beat someone certainly is......We were pretty strong on
the athletic side, and only so-so on fundamentals.....

While Shaq was a great athlete, and undoubtably our best player, our point guard play
left a funny taste in one's mouth....You could see the difference when Taplin was in the
game, which because of his defensive shortfall, was very little in most games....A
really good PG is like a really good QB....They have an intuitive feel for the position...

I think it will be very important, even critical, to next year's success, that Taplin become
physically stronger and a much better defender in the off season....We need him at the
PG position, especially while Battle learns the college game......
Taplin will be fine. The part of playing D in the college games that forces the most adjustments for players are the switching principles a certain coach employs. Sometimes you are going to double the big on the block from the off side (see Wichita State), sometimes the big hedges on the screen and the on defender goes under to prevent the roll, if it's a guard setting the screen, you just call switch. All coaches have different philosophies. I think some of Haith's zone philosophies contradicted Manning's man to man stuff and sometimes that created some cohesion issues making sure the outside shooter had someone closing. I am wondering if we see more zone next year and see fewer breakdowns because that's all the majority of these players will know.

How many brackets get blown up if Middle Tennesee holds on? Hawai'i up 12 with 2 left

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT