ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Games Thread

TU is probably grimacing at the thought that this might have been them 2 years ago when they had a chance to let Haith go and decided to give him the extension. We may have to get ORU season tickets next year to get into the TU game in the lower level.
Honestly, I don't know how many of the decision makers of the time really would give a rats rear end. Our illustrious former AD, Janet, etc....

First time watching ORU this year (and in about 10 years...)...

Their PG and do everything forward are excellent. Very impressed.

Feeling thankful that TU did not play ORU as they would have handed us out butts on a silver platter. Seeing what ORU is bring back next year and what we have returning...it doesn't look good for TU.

Arkansas has a great X and O Coach finally. His assistant Patrick will go somewhere. Got to love the way they play. Could be an Arkansas/ Baylor elite eight????? Southwest conference.

This is the Houston that we beat. They look terrible. I’ve been flipping between games but I know I’ve not heard Sasser’s name at all. Tons of turnovers, bad shot selection. And Rutgers is a team I do t think should even be in the tournament.
ORU is hanging tough. Abmas is a player. Florida is playing better than Ohio State did the other day. ORUs interior size is what they’re struggling with.

All Sasser had to do was pass to Grimes.
What a dope.

I hate Houston but I hate the Big 10 slightly more.

Houston plays like absolute garbage for 36 minutes and manages to pull out a win. I still have no idea how.

The Oru magic season is all but over one big hit wonder. Live by the 3 die by the 3.
You’re counting them out just a bit early. They can hit 3s in quantity. It’s an uphill battle simply because they’re struggling to defend Florida and they can’t rebound

Let’s see what Mills is made of here. Brilliant to foul a 50% FT shooter earlier. Let’s see if they choose to foul here to prevent the 3 pt shot from Florida

His last attribute was only finishing one spot worst than predicted in preseason. But then we lost to bottom feeder Tulane. Now the roster for next year is very questionable and even Hines has migrated to ORU.

This is the Houston that we beat. They look terrible. I’ve been flipping between games but I know I’ve not heard Sasser’s name at all. Tons of turnovers, bad shot selection. And Rutgers is a team I do t think should even be in the tournament.
ORU is hanging tough. Abmas is a player. Florida is playing better than Ohio State did the other day. ORUs interior size is what they’re struggling with.
I think Sasser had 3 points. If Jarreau can heal up by next weekend they’ll be a different team.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
This tournament is very reminiscent of 1994 when we lost to Arkansas in OT at home and then had to play them again in the Sweet Sixteen. Exact same thing occurring with ORU. Arkansas for the second time in Sweet Sixteen.

His last attribute was only finishing one spot worst than predicted in preseason. But then we lost to bottom feeder Tulane. Now the roster for next year is very questionable and even Hines has migrated to ORU.
The roster next year will be 2004-2005 bad - actually worse.

Here’s the thing about this win for ORU...Florida actually played pretty well minus the turnovers. They were smart in taking the ball to OrU and getting inside and they were aggressive on the boards. ORU made plays when they needed to and Mills made some good calls down the stretch. I believe Obanor is the leading scorer in the tournament at 29 ppd and Abmas is probably 2nd at 27.5 ppg. It will be interesting to see what they have for Arkansas next weekend as their player will be rested. I think Abmas and Obanor both played 85 minutes this weekend.

Arkansas hasn’t been to the sweet 16 in 25 years Oru has never been to the sweet 16 but was in the elite 8 in 1974 I guess their were only 16 teams in the tournament then and we haven’t been to the sweet sixteen in 21 years 2000 our elite eight year

They’ll offer us a 3 game series: 2 at the Mabee Center and 1 at the BOk.
I hope they cancel the series or we could drop to naia for taking their beatings over the next few years with haith. What is Haiths record against oru not that it matters with a new sheriff in tow. Oru

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT