ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Games Thread

Houston starting to pull away a little. Losing Jarreau on the first play really affected them early.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
They should have put Minnesota, Indiana and Nebraska in too. Again shooting from the lesser conferences prevails over big non shooters from big conferences.

I don’t know if Haith saw this stat but it is 180 degrees from his philosophy. Obanor played all 45 minutes and Abmas 45. And they didn’t look tired.

Abmas said their conference schedule was back to back games, so he was used to playing 40 minutes, 2 days in a row.

Reactions: Gold* and I.I.
How about that, Golden Eagles in the national spotlight, what a win.
The inadvertent publicity and media exposure they’re getting right now is priceless. The image on ESPN.com is of ORU and the headline of them upsetting Ohio State. Their the primary image on the ESPN App when you open it. They were the lead in on ESPN SportsCenter no less than 100 times last night between replays and reruns across their networks. They were mentioned hundreds of times on CBS and their coverage ALL NIGHT. I’d love to see how many hits their website and social media accounts have gotten in the past day. And this one singular event will lead to 500 additional applications to the school and probably a bump in enrollment of 100 or so and like it or not, that bump will be driven by an event like this in a specific niche they fill in the higher education realm.

TU is probably grimacing at the thought that this might have been them 2 years ago when they had a chance to let Haith go and decided to give him the extension. We may have to get ORU season tickets next year to get into the TU game in the lower level.

Eastern Washington has gone on a big run to be up on the Fighting Hairpieces by 8. Another team with shooters.

TU is probably grimacing at the thought that this might have been them 2 years ago when they had a chance to let Haith go and decided to give him the extension. We may have to get ORU season tickets next year to get into the TU game in the lower level.
It costs money to go have a good coaching staff

As I mentioned above:

How did so many coaches miss on Abmas. Offers ORU, Army, AF, Marist and Tyler TX juco. We need him to pull a DaQuan Jeffries without the juco.
Probably the same reason so many missed on Zaven Collins 😂

Happy for Horne getting to be in the tourney. Looks like they'll be moving on easily

Horne didn’t have a good game but was outstanding the whole year. He avgd 11.4 pts and 5.5 rbs in 24.7 mins/game. He had outstanding shooting numbers 46.7% fgs, 42.1% 3-pt and 90.6% fts.
He would have helped a lot if he were at Tulsa this year. We’d definitely had a few more wins.

Reactions: eastcane
I’m at an out of state theme park this afternoon and just had a guy in a Wisconsin Badgers jacket tell me - Hey Tulsa, that’s where Oral Roberts is. Good job!

Probably the same reason so many missed on Zaven Collins 😂
The stupid thing with Zaven is no one paid attention because he played 1A football. If they had taken any of it seriously you simply know that a guy who is 6’4 225 LBs and can run like he can and is the athlete he is, you can find a spot in the field for him. Wasnt Austin Box a QB coming out of HS who ended up playing S and eventually LB at OU? It just takes someone with a little imagination and vision to take a chance on kids like that (and a plan). Gillespie had a plan and it worked really well.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Horne didn’t have a good game but was outstanding the whole year. He avgd 11.4 pts and 5.5 rbs in 24.7 mins/game. He had outstanding shooting numbers 46.7% fgs, 42.1% 3-pt and 90.6% fts.
He would have helped a lot if he were at Tulsa this year. We’d definitely had a few more wins.
Yeah, he’s a better defender and rebounder than Ritchie was and he definitely understood the blob zone.

UCONN getting run out of the gym right now. Maybe they’ll realize that having 10 great players and a coach who can’t adjust means they’ll be disappointed every year. Don’t blame them though...the Big East was vastly overrated this year. IMO, Villanova and Creighton were the only two teams worthy of a bid. And Georgetown earned theirs. Maybe they’ll eventually realize the conference they’re in doesn’t matter but the fact that Jim Calhoun is not walking into the gym every day is the real reason they’re not going to recapture their former glory

UCONN getting run out of the gym right now. Maybe they’ll realize that having 10 great players and a coach who can’t adjust means they’ll be disappointed every year. Don’t blame them though...the Big East was vastly overrated this year. IMO, Villanova and Creighton were the only two teams worthy of a bid. And Georgetown earned theirs. Maybe they’ll eventually realize the conference they’re in doesn’t matter but the fact that Jim Calhoun is not walking into the gym every day is the real reason they’re not going to recapture their former glory

They’re only losing because they had to play in the AAC last year!!!111

Mick Cronin even though we dislike him has done a great coaching job to this point with UCLA. He at least has some energy left in his coaching.

How many left handed dribblers did ACU have? They were all quicker than Texas. Looked like 5 Antonio Reeds and Dante Swansons on the court at once.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I LOVE the Loyola Chicago defense. Always challenging the ball. Even with the PG at half court. They have completely taken Ill out of their game. And I had Illini winning it all.

Love Moser. Great coach. Big K is a stud.
Ran into the team right before covid at Midway... talked their ears off.

I loathe the Big 10!!!!!!!! Loathe it. Same with the NCAA. Nazis.

Loyola just looked like the better team. If they played again I wouldn’t be surprised with the same result. Illinois did not look like a one seed.

Big 10 looks overrated and over seeded again.

Loyola just looked like the better team. If they played again I wouldn’t be surprised with the same result. Illinois did not look like a one seed.

Big 10 looks overrated and over seeded again.
So sick of the Big 10. Sick of it always being overrated come March. It's disgusting. But, they control the NCAA. They truly do. It's corrupt as Hell.

Reactions: Tu Geo
Actually they usually go deep at tournament. Obviously over rated this year

Abilene Christian takes down the horns!!! I didn’t have many upset picks pan out but I’m glad this one did.
ACU reminds me of the 1993-94 TU team. Fast paced, Chuck up shots from everywhere, intense man to man D. They don’t have the same level of talent as that TU team but the style is very reminiscent.

Actually they usually go deep at tournament. Obviously over rated this year
So what the experts called “parity” in the B1G all year was really nothing more than extended mediocrity. I’ve watched most of their teams play this season. Michigan and Illinois have some nice players but I wasn’t wowed by any of them. Rutgers and Maryland should not have been in the tournament (despite both winning). I honestly think Memphis and Wichita would run both those teams out of the gym.

I am now convinced that the tournament will expand to 128 teams sooner rather than later with the first round games being played on the Tuesday before at campus sites with winners into the main draw of 64. As more and more mid to low major teams win games and advance and take “shares” away from power conferences, they’ll look for a way to tilt the field in their favor again. Upsets like ORU or ACU beating Ohio State and Texas on their home courts is significantly more difficult than winning a game on a neutral court where everyone but your fans is rooting for the underdog. So while people clamor to expand the field, that may mean 25 or so bids for the low to mid majors, while the P5s get close to another 40

The Announcers just talked about how Baylor wins with 3 outstanding shooting guards. Harrington, Heard , Hill. 2000.

The Announcers just talked about how Baylor wins with 3 outstanding shooting guards. Harrington, Heard , Hill. 2000.
Those guards are also outstanding going to the rim and and that frees up the outside shooters

First team to 50 wins the WVa and Syracuse game. As much as I despise Huggins his teams do play some hard nosed fast paced defense. And Syracuse plays their zone in such a way it always seems like they’ve got 6-7 players out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT