ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa Announcement

Before my time. And probably when the minimum wage was still something like $4.50/hour. Dealing with whiny middle school and HS cheerleaders was definitely not worth that. But then again, there were always some guys who loved working those camps...

We are talking about kids who have dreams of being millionaires and are wired to cut off their fingers at half time to be able to play and protect a lead in the fourth quarter. To my knowledge the only complaints we’ve heard from the participants are those that question why we would not play and a few angry female soccer veterans complaining that rookies went clubbing and put them at risk of catching it and not getting paid to play. These people are no different that waiters or that road crew you passed yesterday. They do hard physical skilled labor and are highly compensated — if they show up.

There’s millions of dollars on the table for the schools and the political room in the South to cash in.

What you should be posting is what it will take for them to not play. Because this ain’t it, so long as soccer and pro sports are playing.

What you should be posting is what it will take for them to not play. Because this ain’t it, so long as soccer and pro sports are playing.
Critically low ICU/ventilator availability which we will approach in the metro areas where we are seeing highest infection rates right now.

Before my time. And probably when the minimum wage was still something like $4.50/hour. Dealing with whiny middle school and HS cheerleaders was definitely not worth that. But then again, there were always some guys who loved working those camps...
I think it was $6.50. I know it worked out to $31.09 cash a shift. And you are right about the perverts I saw working the desk and as RAs in the summer over my three summers on campus. Wouldn’t surprise me if one former basketball player is on a registry somewhere.

Critically low ICU/ventilator availability which we will approach in the metro areas where we are seeing highest infection rates right now.
Closer, but there’s always room to say we’ve more capacity than we need and to shift resources from less affected areas for the players if they need them.

I think it was $6.50. I know it worked out to $31.09 cash a shift. And you are right about the perverts I saw working the desk and as RAs in the summer over my three summers on campus. Wouldn’t surprise me if one former basketball player is on a registry somewhere.
There was a tennis player from South Africa that loved to work the cheer camps when I worked summer conferences.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Um, I don't get it. Actually being on the field allows them to spread out more. Are they only going to allow the band in pep mode for games.. At least they can spread them out into a couple of different sections and space them out...it'll make things look fuller.

I'll be honest, at the current rate of infection we are seeing everywhere except the Northeast, combined with completely incompetent leadership at all levels of government right now AND combined with the selfish stubborness 35% of the population seems to be controlled by, I don't see how it will be possible for games to return this Fall. Clemson, TX, Houston and other schools have already had pretty high occurrences of COVID infection in their programs (like 20% of the players). With what we're seeing in tennis and golf and the number of infections going up in sports where the player is freaking alone 99% of the time, how in the world can team sports like basketball, football and hockey even consider restarting. People will point to Euro soccer...but in Europe, they don't have the same incidence of d!ck citizens who refuse to wear masks because "Personal freedom".

Yesterday, 4 golfers WD from the tournament in CT. 2 caddies tested positive, another one had a family member who tested positive, and the other WD for precautionary reasons. The #1 tennis player in the world tested positive recently. The avg. age for individuals testing positive is younger and younger and due to their inability to just isolate themselves for a bit. This is going to include the majority of professional team sport athletes. Instead of going to bars and shooting themselves in the leg with a gun tucked in their waistband, they'll go without a mask and get exposed to COVID. Everywhere in the world the rate of infection and hospitalizations are going down...except the US.

Yea, I thought the "no on-field performances" ban was ignorant. I'm not sure what that accomplishes when you have 22 players on the field for 4 hours and 150+ folks on the sidelines.

Actually, I agree with everything in this post.

My wife had a guy call her a libtard in the store the other day b/c she had a mask on. He said, "Nice mask, libtard." She said, "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" He said, "yea, you phucking libtard." She said, "Phuck you, you phucking hillybilly! I'm wearing this to protect others."
He walked off after that. And no, I wasn't with her or it wouldn't have ended that peacefully.

Yea, I thought the "no on-field performances" ban was ignorant. I'm not sure what that accomplishes when you have 22 players on the field for 4 hours and 150+ folks on the sidelines.

Actually, I agree with everything in this post.

My wife had a guy call her a libtard in the store the other day b/c she had a mask on. He said, "Nice mask, libtard." She said, "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" He said, "yea, you phucking libtard." She said, "Phuck you, you phucking hillybilly! I'm wearing this to protect others."
He walked off after that. And no, I wasn't with her or it wouldn't have ended that peacefully.
I'm sorry that happened to your wife. I roll on the right side of the aisle politically but there's no reason for someone to talk to anybody like that. And especially for a man to talk to a woman that way. I would of helped you throw hands if it came down to that.

Ole' Huffy had the system rigged b/c min. wage in 1986 was $3.35. If that!

I was getting more than $3.35. I don’t know why. Maybe work study or something. I would not have dealt with those cheer moms for $30.35 an hour,

A sorority girl in every room in John Mabee? 100 years of nerd prayers finally answered!!!

Armageddon is surely near ....

Plans have changed again. Sorority girls were given their room assignments in John Mabee, only to learn a couple days later that they would be able to use sorority row on a single occupancy basis. Girls without enough points to qualify for a room in the houses will be placed in apartments or other dorms.

Sorry boys, no girls in the John this year.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Question for Huffy, BLA, or anyone else in the know:

What is the University Council? The girl just got nominated to a student position on the council and and not familiar with that group. Anyone here familiar with it.

From Utulsa.edu:

The purpose of the University Council is to bring together members from all areas of the TU community to collaboratively solve problems that cross academic, administrative and operational boundaries. The University Council will advance the institution’s integrated planning processes through data-informed decisions that improve student outcomes, enhance operations and maintain fiduciary well-being. Each year, the University Council will be charged by the president to review and make recommendations regarding mission-driven issues facing the university. The council will serve as the university’s multi-stakeholder advisory body to the interim president, acting provost and CFO on the FY21 and FY22 budgets. For FY21, the University Council will collect and synthesize input from stakeholder-specific groups – Faculty Senate (and the Faculty Senate Review Group), Staff Advisory Council (Staff Advisory Review Group), Deans’ Council and Athletics Advisory Group – as well as various issue-specific working groups. The University Council will also provide the administration with advice on the proposed framework to address the FY21 budget shortfall. For FY22, the University Council will play an advisory role in developing the budget framework and the FY22 budget.

Question for Huffy, BLA, or anyone else in the know:

What is the University Council? The girl just got nominated to a student position on the council and and not familiar with that group. Anyone here familiar with it.
Aston nailed it. He’s pretty good at the Google. :)

But he’s right. It has some other functions, but it will mostly be charged with identifying pain points as the Admin draws down budgets. Helping them figure out what they can cut and nobody will notice and what will cause gnashing of teeth and rendering of garments. They’ll play a role on some social justice issues I hear as well as some retention stuff.

Aston nailed it. He’s pretty good at the Google. :)

But he’s right. It has some other functions, but it will mostly be charged with identifying pain points as the Admin draws down budgets. Helping them figure out what they can cut and nobody will notice and what will cause gnashing of teeth and rendering of garments. They’ll play a role on some social justice issues I hear as well as some retention stuff.
So this is a brand new organization created when/after the new SUPER COLLEGE plan was established?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT