ADVERTISEMENT

Monday is must win

TUPond

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
More so for Haith than the team. If we lose to a bad ORU team it will not be pretty for Frank.

Yep. Y’all should show up. If you don’t you can’t call for his job until January 1.

I melted earlier. I admit it. But after a few beers I’ve calmed down. I’m gonna flush what happened today and just assume it was a fluke. See you all Monday night.

Also the rest of the aac isn’t looking great tonight.

Goldenhurricane2 is a good and passionate fan and we all melt like that sometimes. I chalk it up to etou and Jeffries playing 19 and 22 minutes. I mean come on, that’s a total joke and all but 1 of Jeffries fouls were bs.

I won't forgive this loss (and I haven't forgiven Jacksonville State, @ ECU last year; or App State, or any loss to ORU at home. But I will not forgive a loss on Monday against a team we should beat by 20. But, let us remind ourselves, when Juice et al. unexpectedly won @ ORU as frosh, ORU won the next year here with a good team, but not as good as TU. I'm bracing for the possibility I will give away my season tickets and tell my development folks to go away until Haith is canned.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Some of you are like Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber... "so, you're saying there's a chance..."

This "thing" ain't gonna happen... and you know how I know... NOT what occurred today (but that didn't help), but the fact this recruiting class is NOT what Haith needed to get to .500 in the AAC over the next few years and those young men are not being coached (i.e. the perimeter D is so bad, I want to cry).

It's done. Unfortunately, folks and the admin will be forced to accept reality losing another recruiting class or two.

Some of you are like Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber... "so, you're saying there's a chance..."

This "thing" ain't gonna happen... and you know how I know... NOT what occurred today (but that didn't help), but the fact this recruiting class is NOT what Haith needed to get to .500 in the AAC over the next few years and those young men are not being coached (i.e. the perimeter D is so bad, I want to cry).

It's done. Unfortunately, folks and the admin will be forced to accept reality losing another recruiting class or two.
Unfortunately you are correct 100% and those points will prove a disaster for this team.

But you’re a d!ck.

From what I seen unless ORU is much worse than Tulsa a win will be hard to come by.

From what I seen unless ORU is much worse than Tulsa a win will be hard to come by.
From what I seen unless Tulsa is much worse than ORU a win will be hard to come by.

What a silly statement to make. It says nothing,

Good Lord people I’ve never seen such dramatic conclusions after one game. I think we have a good team...and I think we will absolutely crush ORU.

“From what I seen”

Please get off the message board and go back to your trailer.

If TU plays like they did against Lamar they will lose. Since this is a short team they must score in transition on the run. These players have yet to prove they can score from outside at crunch time. If or when they get behind you cannot panic and start jacking up 3's like they did against Lamar. Stay in your offense or lose.

Last edited:
I won't forgive this loss (and I haven't forgiven Jacksonville State, @ ECU last year; or App State, or any loss to ORU at home. But I will not forgive a loss on Monday against a team we should beat by 20. But, let us remind ourselves, when Juice et al. unexpectedly won @ ORU as frosh, ORU won the next year here with a good team, but not as good as TU. I'm bracing for the possibility I will give away my season tickets and tell my development folks to go away until Haith is canned.
I agree, last year , Haith got a pass ( and understandably so) but what scares me is we don't look like we have gotten any better, prettt much the same thing that happened at his last job, won with someone else's players, then when he gets his own, it starts to tank. Nobody wants to pay good money and get depressed, there is no excitement. If we don't try to get a new coach by the end of the season, then our AD needs to be the next to go, this was his brilliant hire.

Everyone seems to forget Jeffries and etou played FIVE minutes in the first half on our own floor. THAT won’t happen very often. I’m sick of the idiocy on this board.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I really love your passion for TU, I am very passionate about them myself ( ask Gmoney) but even with them out, we should still be able to easily beat the team that finished last in that conference. You are right, we do have some decent players, which even makes it more on Haith. I just don't see Haith getting us where we need to be. I'm not melting, I'm being realistic. This isn't the same thing as football, we are simply rebuilding, and they have gotten better, not worse. We will be back in football next year. Basketball on the other hand is a totally different thing

I really love your passion for TU, I am very passionate about them myself ( ask Gmoney) but even with them out, we should still be able to easily beat the team that finished last in that conference. You are right, we do have some decent players, which even makes it more on Haith. I just don't see Haith getting us where we need to be. I'm not melting, I'm being realistic. This isn't the same thing as football, we are simply rebuilding, and they have gotten better, not worse. We will be back in football next year. Basketball on the other hand is a totally different thing
Picked First

Didn't say that, just attempting to bring some levity to everybody who is going nuts over losing to a team who is expected to be decent to good this year.

Also,

Understandable , but they did finish dead last in their conference last year, ORU will beat us if we play like we did yesterday

I believe you’re wrong on Lamar finishing last. They returned all 5 starters from last year plus a transfer eligible this year, thus why they’re picked to win their conference.

2016-17 Men's Basketball Standings
SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
New Orleans 13-5 20-12
A&M-Corpus Christi 12-6 24-11
Houston Baptist 12-6 17-14
Stephen F. Austin 12-6 18-15
Sam Houston State 10-8 21-13
Lamar 10-8 19-15
Southeastern La. 9-9 16-16
Nicholls 7-11 14-17
Abilene Christian * 7-11 13-16
Northwestern State 7-11 13-16
UIW * 7-11 12-17
Central Arkansas 7-11 8-24
McNeese 4-14 7-22

*Ineligible for postseason play during Division I transition (eligible for regular season championship

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I believe you’re wrong on Lamar finishing last. They returned all 5 starters from last year plus a transfer eligible this year, thus why they’re picked to win their conference.

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
New Orleans 13-5 20-12
Lamar 10-8 19-15
Nicholls 7-11 14-17
UIW * 7-11 12-17
McNeese 4-14 7-22

*Ineligible for postseason play during Division I transition (eligible for regular season championship
I may be, was it possibly the year before? I had just googled it

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
New Orleans 13-5 20-12
Lamar 10-8 19-15
Nicholls 7-11 14-17
UIW * 7-11 12-17
McNeese 4-14 7-22

List I had seen they won 3 conference games and were like 11-19

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
New Orleans 13-5 20-12
Lamar 10-8 19-15
Nicholls 7-11 14-17
UIW * 7-11 12-17
McNeese 4-14 7-22

Bill, I believe I was looking at the year before, thanks for clearing that up for me

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Bill, I believe I was looking at the year before, thanks for clearing that up for me
That was why I posted that article, not only did it project them this season, it also disproved that they finished last in the previous year.

920x920.jpg
Lamar still sucks. Their women’s team is better than their men’s.

Also, spring training will start for baseball before you know it.

Last edited:
I’m glad none of you guys know basketball. You’re acting like those thunder fans who think the teams season is over 10 games into an 82 game season. TU loses 1 game and you quit. Good, we don’t need you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT