ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Beach vs. Central Michigan

Wait...how is it that we are not playing Mississippi State in St. Pete?

That is ab AAC contracted slot right. Did we have a choice?

We shouldn't over look CMU they beat osu for a reason.. Idc if it came down to a controversial play at the end they we where in the game!!

I posted this in another thread, though I'd give some insight here. This isn't quite the same team that beat OK State...

I casually follow the MAC teams in Michigan. CMU's 22 starters to begin the year made a very good squad. The type of MAC team which can beat anyone (not Alabama) on a given day, though probably can't run through a complete Power 5 schedule due to the issue below. They were absolutely step for step with OK State and had a few chances to win even before the hail mary.

After the UNLV game, injuries took a toll, and the lack of depth of a MAC team was severely exposed.

Looks like our thread offended some CMU fans. It sounds to me like a few search for disrespect. Of course, I'd love to hear their side of things on here.

If they were 9 -3 and we had a time slot that was respectable I would feel a bit better about it.

Are they not upset at a game in the middle of a work day? I guess at 6-6 you feel happy at any slot. I would have last year too.

Maybe OSU is not very good!! OSU could not finish higher than 4th in our division!!

Looks like our thread offended some CMU fans. It sounds to me like a few search for disrespect. Of course, I'd love to hear their side of things on here.

Definitely some hurt feelings in their board... quite the sensitive bunch.

Meh. If we win this one by 30 or more, mark me down for a $250 donation for the partial construction of a computer display inside the Case Center showcasing our domination of the MAC conference in bowl games over the years. Im not kidding, let's just schedule them all one by one until we take them all out in blow out fashion. After we do that six or seven times, maybe they will stop sending us to these bowls.

We don't have any business expecting an easy win, but they also don't have any business being offended at us expecting to win with them at 6-6, especially when in the not too distant past an undefeated Ball State was nationally ranked and whining about not playing someone better and got their kiesters pushed into Mobile Bay in a blowout.

In the last ten years, Tulsa has outscored the MAC 108-20 in bowl games. If they can do better, good for them. Count me skeptical ... and count me calling for another TD in the fourth.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA and Gold*
We shouldn't over look CMU they beat osu for a reason.. Idc if it came down to a controversial play at the end they we where in the game!!
They like to beat teams over the top on a lot of go routes and deep outs. If we make them beat us underneath, we should do well for ourselves.

That's your opinion chief. If you think Tulsa with a 9-3 record in the American has an uphill climb against a 6-6 MAC team, your insinuation is ignorant.

Kind of like against Fresno, SMU, or Cincy?

Pretty sure we practiced and prepared for them and those were all three uphill battles.

Stating that we are 9-3 overall is of no consequence when preparing for a game. If the coaches don't have a sound game plan and the players aren't well prepared we will lose. I trust that they will be ready but I am not overlooking the possibility that CMU may win. Everyone talks about 1 play in the UH and Navy games and we could have been 11-1. Keep in mind that 1 play in each of the Fresno, SMU and UC games and we could have been 6-6 as well.

I think anyone who thinks this should be a game where we can just wake up and go play and win by 40 is just ridiculous. I feel we are the nest team and am disappointed we couldn't get a better game, but their qb is more then capable of putting a hurting on us. It's when we think we are going to blow a team out thats usually when the opposite happens.

Reactions: Lumpuckeroo
Kind of like against Fresno, SMU, or Cincy?

Pretty sure we practiced and prepared for them and those were all three uphill battles.
I think we didn't show up to play against Fresno to start the game. Once they figured out that even being a 3 TD favorite you have to show up and play, they did. The last 3Qs of that game weren't even close. SMU- TU didn't play terribly in that game. SMU got a lot of breaks and the penalties were just outrageous...and there were some curious coaching decisions. Cincinnati- a team that was better than their record and a lot better than their coaching. Talent-wise, as much as Houston and at least for this game, their coaches exploited a weakness in the lack of cover speed in our safeties. Most of their long passes went to slot receivers matched up on our safeties...and we never did adjust suitably to that IMO.

CMU has a lot of injuries and the folks on their board think they need their QB to throw the ball downfield a lot. Which is fine. I think if we can get some pressure on the QB, and we should because we have better DL talent than they do OL talent, we can make the QB "Rush" his throws (sorry...too easy). And CMU fans think a lot like OU fans relatively speaking to their relationship with WMU...some of them spouting off that they have 7 conference championships and WMU just 1 (or something to that effect).

The ESPN tv crew will be Mike Belloti(who I like), Allen Bestwick(who I'm not familiar with-might recognize his voice) & on-field reporter-Kris Budden(what a hottie,Quelle chaleureuse, hubba hubba,etc.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT