ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis game thread

Boomer still holds the ball too long at times, but if Johnson & Hobbs could consistently catch passes thrown right in their hands, Seth would be looking much better.

The people posting in this thread remind me of the 4 dudes that kept playing the same game of Halo2 for like four years without a winner long after everyone else had moved on just so Microsoft couldn’t delete the online support for the program.

Boomer still holds the ball too long at times, but if Johnson & Hobbs could consistently catch passes thrown right in their hands, Seth would be looking much better.
Where he holds the ball and his footwork has improved drastically. Not sure if that is him, the coaches, or Dane coming back over the summer.

Alright finally made it to a TV. Made a sacrifice to the football gods, should’ve been enough to finish the game with a 3 TD loss.

Let’s see if Monty is smart enough to get Davis and TK some reps late in an already concluded game

The people posting in this thread remind me of the 4 dudes that kept playing the same game of Halo2 for like four years without a winner long after everyone else had moved on just so Microsoft couldn’t delete the online support for the program.

42 years invested in the program so I won’t stop now whether it is attendance or posting but increasing my $$$ is on hold until I see some changes!

What in God's name is Monty doing? Throw the ball! Trick plays! RS Freshman playing time! LITERALLY ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT WE KEEP DOING!
It is insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Unless you’re clueless.

This coaching staff is devoid of any reason whatsoever. You’re getting blown out so it’s a good time to work or crap and get some younger players some actual game reps. Nope.Or work on an onside kick scenario for the future. Nope.

This is why he needs to go. Now. Not at the end of the season. Now. He’s not developing players, and he seems to lack the understanding of when he can take advantage of situations to help players develop. This will not ever change.

Reactions: TULOYAL and TU1NNJ
This coaching staff is devoid of any reason whatsoever. You’re getting blown out so it’s a good time to work or crap and get some younger players some actual game rep. Nope.Or work on an onside kick scenario for the future. Nope.

This is why he needs to go. Now. Not at the end of the season. Now. He’s not developing players, and he seems to lack the understanding of when he can take advantage of situations to help players develop. This will not ever change.
Totally agree. Monty knows what he knows and nothing else. He is apparently unable to change or evolve as a coach. It is a one track, closed football mind. The primary measure of a coach is whether or not their teams improve. I think we have all given up hope that improvement is possible with this staff. Time to move on.....today.

Completely agree that this program is in deep trouble. Players will be transferring out and the coaches will probably be let go at seasons end. With the lack of support that the team has from the community, students and faculty, there’s no telling how long it will take to be competitive or a bowl team. Sad situation.

Completely agree that this program is in deep trouble. Players will be transferring out and the coaches will probably be let go at seasons end. With the lack of support that the team has from the community, students and faculty, there’s no telling how long it will take to be competitive or a bowl team. Sad situation.

You can not go 2-10 and expect the fans to fill the stadium. OU struggled in the 1990s although not to this level.

The administration can not be publically seen as being ok with the level of coaching we have seen.

A coaching change will fix much of this. The talent is there to win. The coaching is not.

Win and market the team like we have this year and the people will show up. Throw the ball in the teens per game and lose consitantly and people won't come.

Any fact to the rumor that TU is going to change their chant from "GOLDEN" -- "HURRICANE" or "REIGN" -- "CANE" to "NEXT" -- "YEAR" ... "NEXT" -- "YEAR" ...

Reactions: HuffyCane
Hopefully Memphis beats SMU this Friday....that way at least the last game means something as we could keep SMU from going to a bowl game.

Reactions: TULOYAL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT