ADVERTISEMENT

Losing the arms race

WATU2

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Probably because it would reduce pollution....?

hispeedtrain.jpg

Losing the "arms race" article

So does this mean you will give up your american citizenship?
flush.r191677.gif

Just to be sure I have this straight ..... and since I tend to get confused when we introduce "warm and fuzzy" into geopolitics ......

1. The Vietnamese and Indians are going to build a high speed rail system connected to their single largest historical enemy, allowing said enemy to circumvent the geographical obstacles (read "mountains") that have thwarted successful invasions from China for hundreds of years??

2. Burma (a country typically known as "Myanmar" these days) is going to somehow leverage a trace metal that NOBODY will buy from them due to economic and trade sanctions in exchange for a high speed railway?

3. Needless to say, we can't even think about the uses of slave or massively under paid labor when it comes to building ground based infrastructure in China and the horrific cost in human rights that this kind of project would incur.

4. And what about all that coal the Chinese will burn to produce the electricity .... and smelt the copper for the power lines ...... and ......

Good stuff. Thanks for the laughs!

Wouldnt you know it... build a disney world in Asia and the chinese steal the plans for the monorail....

This post was edited on 3/18 11:33 AM by noble cane

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT