ADVERTISEMENT

Local Talent

Wondering where they would put him. He played all over the field. QB/WR/S. I'm guessing in reverse order of how I listed them,(S/WR/QB) would be my guesses as to the position he played if he committed.
He listed Coach Frey in his post, so maybe they think they can bulk him up and play him at TE?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
"KD" is the son of former Jenks, and Oklahoma, RB Kejuan Jones.
Bro, anyone related to Kejuan Jones can come to Tulsa. That dude was a straight out baller. I was in Skelly the night he went for the 80 yard TD with 16 seconds left right after Union had taken the lead in maybe the best HS game I've ever seen. 2 Union DBs had an angle on him until they didn't and he blazed past them.

Bro, anyone related to Kejuan Jones can come to Tulsa. That dude was a straight out baller. I was in Skelly the night he went for the 80 yard TD with 16 seconds left right after Union had taken the lead in maybe the best HS game I've ever seen. 2 Union DBs had an angle on him until they didn't and he blazed past them.
I was just talking about that play and that game with my stepson a few days ago.

Reactions: TU_BLA
He listed Coach Frey in his post, so maybe they think they can bulk him up and play him at TE?
I think I've got the perfect spot for Heim next year. He can be our Punting/Scrambling QB/Converted LBer. Surely he has the stamina to handle that load. We could probably find 8 min of game time that he could rest. Unless he wants to hit another position, maybe TE. (Could he hike it to himself on the punts?)

Almost all of the TPS sports teams, and schools, are no longer “viable”.

The schools, and consequently the sports teams, are section 8/special Ed dumping grounds.

I know what I know. The district will not reform. End of discussion.

I’d love to have Shaker and Kejuans boy on our squad! I guess Heim also got an offer from Venables and OU as well. We will see how that goes!

Spurrier randomly followed me on Twitter after I tagged him on a couple of HS player's highlights, so I am curious to see if any of them get a look or if he is just interested in my content lol.

Union to TU is a nice pipeline to have. There’s some juniors on that roster they need to go after.

This program needs to get back to legitimately competing with SMU, Memphis and other conference competitors in our footprint. Bennett could be an All-American I don’t know. But competing against FCS mid tier teams for recruits needs to be a singular unusual exception every couple of years, not the norm.

Reactions: URedskin54
Big frame but seems to lack lower body strength in his film. Guessing coaches see him as a project that improves a lot in our strength program.

Does it seem like there are a lot more guys with no rivals rating this year? Not guys that we’re recruiting specifically, but overall?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Big frame but seems to lack lower body strength in his film. Guessing coaches see him as a project that improves a lot in our strength program
He’s was one of the strongest in the weight room. He just doesn’t show it. He reminds me of Jason Mills. He was a lot stronger than he looked.

Reactions: URedskin54
Union to TU is a nice pipeline to have. There’s some juniors on that roster they need to go after.
Devon Jordan (already has offer from SMU), Issac Covington, maybe Damien Marshall, Lane Wood, and if he was 3” taller I would add Trey Barnes to the list.

It will be interesting to see how Gilkey does at Jenks this next season. Can run the RPO but has a tendency to want to fastball every throw.

We also get to see the youngest Presley brother’s debut in a varsity game this season in Bixby.

This program needs to get back to legitimately competing with SMU, Memphis and other conference competitors in our footprint. Bennett could be an All-American I don’t know. But competing against FCS mid tier teams for recruits needs to be a singular unusual exception every couple of years, not the norm.
I understand where you are coming from, and I know you are making a general statement, more than criticizing. But I'm gonna wait till I see some recruits we pull in, and how they are/how they develop, to make criticisms of who we are competing with.

There are only two recruits we have either got a commitment from or are interested in, besides Ringleb, that fall into that category. One of them we haven't offered, and I don't think we will.(Markell Johnson WR Edmond.) The other who kind of falls into this category,(but not fully) is Tempest.(Air Force & New Mexico St) And I think most of the board thinks he has potential, having seen him play. At this point, Ringleb is the only one who fully fits into this category, and has received an offer. All the other recruits we are going after(Mejia, Perez, Turner, McGary, & Heim) have a much better offer list. So I don't think it's going to be a habit, like competing with Word is the Bird was.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Devon Jordan (already has offer from SMU), Issac Covington, maybe Damien Marshall, Lane Wood, and if he was 3” taller I would add Trey Barnes to the list.

It will be interesting to see how Gilkey does at Jenks this next season. Can run the RPO but has a tendency to want to fastball every throw.

We also get to see the youngest Presley brother’s debut in a varsity game this season in Bixby.
Crap. How could I forget Isaiah Forbes? Was thrown into the Will position and while he is 6-1 185# he played like he was 220#. He blazing fast and plays with Covington and Marshall in the 918 Elite 7v7 team. Oh, and he could kick short FG in a pinch. He would be best at a hybrid LB/S in either the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5.

The week 8 defense changes Union made still baffle me so Forbes didn’t see nearly as much PT from that point on. He was all over the field against Mustang, Owasso, and BA.

Crap. How could I forget Isaiah Forbes? Was thrown into the Will position and while he is 6-1 185# he played like he was 220#. He blazing fast and plays with Covington and Marshall in the 918 Elite 7v7 team. Oh, and he could kick short FG in a pinch. He would be best at a hybrid LB/S in either the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5.

The week 8 defense changes Union made still baffle me so Forbes didn’t see nearly as much PT from that point on. He was all over the field against Mustang, Owasso, and BA.
I don't know what they were thinking in those changes and then running Frid's kid out at safety who clearly struggled in coverage. And with all the pressure they got on the QB this season, they really needed to have some super fast outside LBs to chase down the QBs who just kept running.

Who is the OL coach at Union? He clearly has kid's who are good but I wonder how much they work on technique in HS as much as scheme and getting kids in the right place. Ringleb, IMO, was a much better in pass pro than he was in run blocking. But his length really kept edge rushers at bay....he did a really good job last season vs Owasso and the big DT/DE that went to OU.

I don't know what they were thinking in those changes and then running Frid's kid out at safety who clearly struggled in coverage. And with all the pressure they got on the QB this season, they really needed to have some super fast outside LBs to chase down the QBs who just kept running.

Who is the OL coach at Union? He clearly has kid's who are good but I wonder how much they work on technique in HS as much as scheme and getting kids in the right place. Ringleb, IMO, was a much better in pass pro than he was in run blocking. But his length really kept edge rushers at bay....he did a really good job last season vs Owasso and the big DT/DE that went to OU.
Coach Jones (aka Coach Sauce) and Coach Young. Jones’ kid was the other OT opposite of Bennett. He’s a sophomore who started the year before at Jenks as a freshman.

We got him in what I call “the 2022 coach swap” where Underwood went to Jenks to be QB coach (was OL coach at Union) and Jones came to Union with his kid as OL coach. Jones drills technique daily.

Also forgetting a WR…Boyd should be a TU target.

Haisten just wrote this....wonder if he tries to hold it over TU's head for not instantly bringing him in...although the comparison to Paul Smith has me intrigued. In watching his HUDL film, he has a funky motion and doesn't seem to step into his shorter throws so the throws appear to lack some zip. Not necessarily a great trait if you're throwing slants. His deep ball seems to be phenomenal. Again, it looked like he didn't step into his throws and he was still throwing it a country mile. I have to think the arm strength is there and some work on mechanics might put him in a place to be an outstanding QB. The few highlights I saw, he seemed to work through progressions nicely and kept plays alive long enough to be able to get to the 3rd or 4th options.

And the comparison to Paul Smith it legit after you watch highlights

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Haisten just wrote this....wonder if he tries to hold it over TU's head for not instantly bringing him in...
Wonder if this fine recruit will commit to N Texas?(MF, someone's initials you dirty minded reader)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT