ADVERTISEMENT

Local Talent

Good assessment. Air Force guys are definitely the smartest out there. Handsome too.
Can't dispute this because it's impossible to prove. But the best pilots? hmmm! One could say Marine Corps & particularly Navy pilots fill that bill.

Who would he be recruiting at Sand Springs. Don’t know their players.

Sand Springs has two future D1 kids. Both are class of 2026.

QB Easton Webb - 6'4 190 ish. Throws a mid-80s fastball. Slightly better baseball prospect than football IMO but a lot of time to get better.

OL Ryley Kester - 6'3-6'4 275 ish. Country strong.

They have a 2026 RB that could develop as well. Quick feet. His name is slipping my mind.

2024 RB Kenneth Page is another possibility.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Sand Springs has two future D1 kids. Both are class of 2026.

QB Easton Webb - 6'4 190 ish. Throws a mid-80s fastball. Slightly better baseball prospect than football IMO but a lot of time to get better.

OL Ryley Kester - 6'3-6'4 275 ish. Country strong.

They have a 2026 RB that could develop as well. Quick feet. His name is slipping my mind.

2024 RB Kenneth Page is another possibility.
Webb is the one I was thinking Spurrier went to talk to Klinck about. I saw some HUDL film and he has pocket mobility and a strong arm. One play had him rolling left and firing back across the field after the primary receiver was covered.

Reactions: StoopsBros
Can't dispute this because it's impossible to prove. But the best pilots? hmmm! One could say Marine Corps & particularly Navy pilots fill that bill.
“They say they are better than pilots. Call themselves ‘naval aviators’” …

Yeah, the guys who never land in a crosswind and don't know how to flare?

6ft 140lbs...that has to be a misprint. Im 6 foot and had abs at 200lbs (let's not talk about what happened to those abs though). I cant even imagine losing another 60lbs off that.

6ft 140lbs...that has to be a misprint. Im 6 foot and had abs at 200lbs (let's not talk about what happened to those abs though). I cant even imagine losing another 60lbs off that.
Probably not. My kid is 5'11" and maybe 140 lbs dripping wet. Hoping the soccer coaches at Union get him to add some weight

Love seeing these guys hitting OK schools. I am hopeful it will pay some big dividends! Can’t understand why our previous staff didn’t.

Reactions: quincy101

Cooper is the son of former OU TE Stephen (Alexander)

Nate's brother is Jake Roberts who recently committed to Baylor (out of the portal - started at North Texas).

Reactions: Henry Kendall
And he's a damn good one too. Sand Springs elevated themselves since he's been there. Believe they made it to the 6A-2 semi's
I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the next HC at Owasso once Bill decides to retire.

“They say they are better than pilots. Call themselves ‘naval aviators’” …
Having spent 17 months on aircraft carriers, I imagine some Navy pilots contemplate their navals, but not when about to land on the deck of their carrier......at night. Prior to this, they get one year + more flight training than AF guys, plus carrier quals training, then the best go to Top Gun for more training. Choke on this, "barrister".

Cooper is the son of former OU TE Stephen (Alexander)

Nate's brother is Jake Roberts who recently committed to Baylor (out of the portal - started at North Texas).
The real question is what was our record when we were loaded with local talent Union loaded and coached by the ex Arkansas assistant Mr loudmouth mr Keith Burns who we hired as the head coach. In a Similar vein we are getting local talent from Tulsa Webster and that is not working well yet, Recruiting on a tank of gas for local talent is easy to do but are they the best athletes we can sign.

Reactions: StoopsBros
Having spent 17 months on aircraft carriers, I imagine some Navy pilots contemplate their navals, but not when about to land on the deck of their carrier......at night. Prior to this, they get one year + more flight training than AF guys, plus carrier quals training, then the best go to Top Gun for more training. Choke on this, "barrister".
It’s a line from the 80’s movie “The Right Stuff” where two bureaucrats are discussing how to find the best pilots as they puke over the side of a carrier while waiting on Alan Shepard to land.

Reactions: quincy101
My response was to barrister. But I don't think I ever had the um..er pleasure(?) of this guys posts. Is that a good thing?

My response was to barrister. But I don't think I ever had the um..er pleasure(?) of this guys posts. Is that a good thing?
Let's just say he has an attraction for women of all kinds and expressed it often.

Webb is the one I was thinking Spurrier went to talk to Klinck about. I saw some HUDL film and he has pocket mobility and a strong arm. One play had him rolling left and firing back across the field after the primary receiver was covered.
I would bet on the freshman Webb too. Before the end of the season he had beat out the senior QB who had transferred in and started the 1st half of the season.

They're going to make a title run before Webb graduates. He's a difference maker.

I would bet on the freshman Webb too. Before the end of the season he had beat out the senior QB who had transferred in and started the 1st half of the season.

They're going to make a title run before Webb graduates. He's a difference maker.
Until Jenks, Union, or Bixby figure out how to get his family to move into their districts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT