ADVERTISEMENT

Leitao

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Twitter is saying it's soon to be official. He's off to DePaul. Hope this doesn't hurt recruiting significantly.

Originally posted by astonmartin708:
Twitter is saying it's soon to be official. He's off to DePaul. Hope this doesn't hurt recruiting significantly.
I always got the impression Coach ABC was "incharge" of recruiting while Felton and Leitao were X's and O's.

I always thought that too Landman, but just saw on Twitter Leitao was significant in signing both Taplin and Birt. Not sure to what extent his significance was though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If you scroll down to the comments section, you'll see the 'welcome back' comments for Dave. Ugh.

This post was edited on 3/29 5:03 PM by TU 1978

Leitao named DePaul coach

This means we need a new assistant that can coach bigs and recruit well.
Wojcik?

This post was edited on 3/29 10:17 PM by jesterondirt

I wonder if we might be able to get any of the assistants off of Barnes' outgoing staff at Texas. We all know that Haith & Barnes are pals. If Barnes ends up waiting for a good job to open before taking something those guys might be out of work. We know they can recruit.

This would be great for Dave. It also would give TU an opportunity to fill a spot with a hot young recruiter. ( Tim Fuller???) And don't ever forget our man Shea Seals......
This post was edited on 3/29 9:16 PM by I.I.

i'm just worried that we now have no one to work with the bigs and we desperately need some one.

i'm just worried that we now have no one to work with the bigs and we desperately need some one.
If we just recruited European bigs like Gonzaga, they are already skilled. Hope the new coach is a great recruiter foremost.....

Wasn't there a conflict of interest for allowing Shea to be an assistant for a couple of years?Or was that to be an off campus recruiter for a couple of years?

This post was edited on 3/30 10:13 AM by Gmoney4WW

Originally posted by TU_Landman:

I always got the impression Coach ABC was "incharge" of recruiting while Felton and Leitao were X's and O's.
I thought Coach Abatemarco was brought primarily due to his West Coast connections? IIRC, Coach Abatemarco does handles the recruiting coordination?

TX

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

Wasn't there a conflict of interest for allowing Shea to be an assistant for a couple of years?Or was that to be an off campus recruiter for a couple of years?

This post was edited on 3/30 10:13 AM by Gmoney4WW
That conflict was in regards to TU having the ability to recruit Juwan Parker, who Seals coach at BTW. He signed with Georgia.

TX

Yeah, I remember now. The conflict was recruiting anybody who he coached? Meaning he can't recruit current Juniors and Seniors at the school he coached at, correct?

TU is open to recruit any player at BTW now. That restriction is put in place for non-bench coaches being out on staff and is a 2 yr restriction. He's now been on staff for 3 full years so BTW is again fair game for TU.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Oh damn, duh. I already forgot Shea was on staff with Manning. There's not anybody playing for Booker T that Shea coached anymore. I must've taken my bad memory pills last night, and forgot I took 'em! Oops

There's not anyone of real merit there anyways. Not at the moment at least.
There's a sophomore we better be recruiting. And Bitson (for football, but he also plays basketball).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT