ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Ap rankings

OSU beats a decent K St team by 2 points and treads water, staying at the same ranking. Not aggravating.

SMU beats a relatively lousy Temple team convincingly and OU trounces a relatively lousier team than Temple, a little more convincingly. Kind of irritating that they drop a notch because of OU, but not piss off annoying.

Cincy and Texas A&M perform similarly against teams in the same realm of talent.(Houston & S Carolina) Equally irritating that they flipped over each other in the ranking. Once again, not piss off annoying.

We didn't move from 30 to 27, but instead to 28.

Not bad, all things considered.

We're set pretty decently, if we can beat SMU, and make a run in the rankings up to Cincy.(with wins)

Just need to get a win on Saturday, and move from there.(Stating the obvious.)

Last edited:
OSU beats a decent K St team by 2 points and treads water, staying at the same ranking. Not aggravating.

SMU beats a relatively lousy Temple team convincingly and OU trounces a relatively lousier team than Temple, a little more convincingly. Kind of irritating that they drop a notch because of OU, but not piss off annoying.

Cincy and Texas A&M perform similarly against teams in the same realm of talent.(Houston & S Carolina) Equally irritating that they flipped over each other in the ranking. Once again, not piss off annoying.

We didn't move from 30 to 27, but instead to 28.

Not bad, all things considered.

We're set pretty decently, if we can beat SMU, and make a run in the rankings up to Cincy.(with wins)

Just need to get a win on Saturday, and move from there.(Stating the obvious.)
Yeah, it all comes down to one game. But we’ve known that since summer. I don’t have trouble with the rankings, except all the overrated Sun Belt schools. Everyone in front of us but them would likely beat us and we’ve even lost to the Sunbelt lately. So yeah. No complaints. Kill SMU.

Yeah, it all comes down to one game. But we’ve known that since summer. I don’t have trouble with the rankings, except all the overrated Sun Belt schools. Everyone in front of us but them would likely beat us and we’ve even lost to the Sunbelt lately. So yeah. No complaints. Kill SMU.
Coastal Carolina is a quality team. So is Liberty as much as it pains me to say that.

It's interesting to see how closely the AP and Coaches Poll are in agreement until you look at Tulsa. The coaches poll has Tulsa waaaaay lower. Does the coaching community know something that the media pollsters do not?

Reactions: HuffyCane
It's interesting to see how closely the AP and Coaches Poll are in agreement until you look at Tulsa. The coaches poll has Tulsa waaaaay lower. Does the coaching community know something that the media pollsters do not?
The only poll that matters to me is the one by the committee on November 24

The only poll that matters to me is the one by the committee on November 24
With how many games we have had PPD/canceled, it's going to be tough to make headway in the CFP official rankings. I'm not saying we deserve to be in the CFP, but the CFP ranking is also the official one used to determine the G5 rep. Since the Sun Belt schools won a lot of their body bag games and didn't play more than 1 b/c of COVID, they have an advantage if any of them go undefeated. Cincinnati is obviously the odds on favorite to be the G5 rep but they also have a realistic shot at the CFP. Right now, as I see it Notre Dame is nearly a virtual lock for the CFP as is Ohio State (the B1G is awful this year and the only threat to Ohio State would be Wisconsin and they can't get on the field b/c COVID #'s in WI are among the worst in the nation). Bama is obviously in control of spot #3 but the ugliness that is the SEC this year and Bama's defense is not quite what it has been, and they lost their best offensive player for the year so there is a possibility they get knocked off. There is no one else in the SEC that passes the eye test. People will claim Florida, but they're just basically outlasting a lot of teams now...more a sign of mediocrity than quality. That leaves the #3 and #4 spots up for grabs IMO between Bama, Florida, Cincinnati, BYU, and whatever PAC 10/12/14 they try to push on us despite the teams in that conference not being very good at all. Don't discount BYU. They're really good. Their offense is as effective as I've seen in college football this season. QB is an absolute stud. The WRs come at you in waves and they have a very efficient running game.

Seeing what Cincinnati has done to Memphis, SMU and Houston, they're a lot better on defense than anyone gives them credit for because the offense is so good and fun to watch. Houston, who we know has some serious team speed, couldn't keep up with Cincinnati on either side of the ball. SMU's offense is one of the best and highest scoring in college football, scored 13 pts. Memphis never posed a serious threat to Cincinnati in a rivalry game. They play UCF on 11/21. If Cincinnati hammers UCF like they've done to the other front-runners, they should be seriously considered for a CFP berth. It also means we should be decided underdogs against them and could spoil the party.

The coaches probably watched our game against East Carolina.

Reactions: loca2874 and TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT