ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda Listless

mvccane

I.T.S. Position Coach
Mar 10, 2004
1) We looked slow - our guards gotten broken down time and again.

2) Shaq's worse game in a long time. Looked like he was playing with lead in his shoes. Careless on multiple plays.

3) Swanny was MVP of the game.

4) We shoot 75% from the line and 38% from 3-point line - we are top 25 material. When we shoot 50% from the line and less than 30% from the ARC we are probably not in top 125.

Agree with #1. However, Ray was playing with brace on knee he injured in practice on Thursday. No excuses for other guys. USF guards did play great today.

The good thing about all of the AAC games being on TV, I've watched a ton of AAC games. Today was what statisticians would call an outlier in terms of scoring performances from their guards. They have not shown that explosiveness at all this year. They played decent for a half against SMU (but they also didn't play zone against them). While one of them may have played well in any particular game, all 3 have not played the way they did today at the same time until today.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

TV coverage had Bob Knight doing commentary. He looked good and liked what he saw in Tulsa. Love him or hate him he was a great, great coach.

Originally posted by mvccane:
1) We looked slow - our guards gotten broken down time and again.

2) Shaq's worse game in a long time. Looked like he was playing with lead in his shoes. Careless on multiple plays.

3) Swanny was MVP of the game.

4) We shoot 75% from the line and 38% from 3-point line - we are top 25 material. When we shoot 50% from the line and less than 30% from the ARC we are probably not in top 125.
Shaq had 12 pts, 9 reb, 4 asst. I think that's a pretty solid line. He did have 4 to's, maybe that is what you noticed?

TX

Knight made the comment that Shaq's offensive rebound and put back in the second half was possibly the best offensive rebound he had ever seen. He was also very appreciative of Brandon's energy and finding a way to the basketball. I also liked that he said that Arizona States "Curtain of Distraction" wasn't good sportsmanship and he didn't think it was appropriate for the sport. I agree 100%.

Who else has seen the broadcast?

Knight is neither surprised nor concerned with our letdown in this situation. He's talked about it the whole game.

I could care less about the Curtain of Distalraction. Can't be any worse than Stanfords band and tree or the guy who used to throw the giant stuffed penguin up behind the backboard at TU games

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Who else has seen the broadcast?

I DVD all the games on TV when I'm gone and watch later. Knight was very pro-TU IMO. Both the announcers seemed to like the atmosphere. They said the Don was a very nice venue as well. Knight kept referring to TU being the "best team in the league" which surprised me. Was very complimentary of Swannegan.

I saw the game and was fearful that I put the hex on them...It was one of those games the better team did end up winning after going through the motions most of the game then plugging it in when it mattered -- not the performance a coach wants to see, but it happens.

The comment Knight made about the offensive rebound and put back Shaq had as "being one of the best offensive rebounds and shots I have ever seen" is very telling to the athleticism Shaq brings. That rebound upon watching the game back was just crazy. Normal players don't make plays like that.

Needless to say, it was impressive on TV, as was the offensive rebounding performance overall (thank goodness) -- yes I was surprised by Knight's comment, particularly since he is not given to hyperbole (I don't think).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT