ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Wilson

Wilson didn't really pull a Frank Haith. The media were 'overhyping' his class as much or moreso than Wilson was. And we still don't have a clue whether they were overhyped or not. They are freshmen.

Bull on that excuse that it's more culture snd strategy. Our offense has a poor offenive line which holds the whole offense. Our defense has a crap secondary which allows us to stop the run because of our DL & and LBers but not the pass. Those things at least play an equal part to culture and strategy flaws.

Reactions: dougheffking
The best example I can come up with is that Steve Kragthorpe jumped into the dumpster and put out the fire, then took the hand he was dealt and turned it into something respectable right away.

I don’t think Wilson inherited that big of a mess, yet it’s now worse than it was when he found it. He may very well be a pretty good recruiter but someone has to coach those guys up and make them better players.

You guys do this every week when we just played what is likely the best team on the schedule. This is an incredibly young team but you are condemning an incredibly young team as being not as good as the players on grahams teams, and then condemning them to not be as good as montgomery's players.

Last year was so bad that he brought in as many freshman as he did. Why don't you wait till their sophomore or junior players before you pass judgement on these players.
The silver lining of course is this group of freshmen. I wish that so many didn't need to be thrown into the fire right out of the gate, but that's where we're at. Wilson has always proclaimed that he wants this to be a developmental program, and that takes time as well as retention. Let's hope retention is good and KW 's plan that will be validated as these kids continue to see more time on the field. Beyond just smarts, Army and Navy are both 5-0 because they are developmental programs that keep their kids on campus and grow them in their respective systems.

Defense on the other hand needs a new coordinator. Far too many fundamental failures once anything gets past the line of scrimmage and linebackers.

The silver lining of course is this group of freshmen. I wish that so many didn't need to be thrown into the fire right out of the gate, but that's where we're at. Wilson has always proclaimed that he wants this to be a developmental program, and that takes time as well as retention. Let's hope retention is good and KW 's plan that will be validated as these kids continue to see more time on the field. Beyond just smarts, Army and Navy are both 5-0 because they are developmental programs that keep their kids on campus and grow them in their respective systems.

Defense on the other hand needs a new coordinator. Far too many fundamental failures once anything gets past the line of scrimmage and linebackers.
Navy was awful and then a new coach came in and bam they were successful. I don’t think KW will be around long enough to see his “plan” through

Reactions: astonmartin708

When is Wilson finally going to start to develop in his developmental program?

Reactions: TULSARISING
For those that were at the game on Saturday - how was the attitude of the fans in your area?

For me, not only did the team not show any fire or emotion, that attitude also extended into the stands. Fans around me just sat and watched until they got tired of watching and then got up and left. I was up the steps before the last Army guy to run by me made it to the end zone.

Football should be fun and entertaining. This isn’t.
I stayed for every bad play... every screen pass... but, mainly because one of my college classmates' father comes and sits with us at the half... its always fun to catch up with my adoptive family..

Reactions: Tu Geo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT