ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson State Thread

Jackson state well coached. We have trouble with size and backdoorcscreens. We are a three point shooting team

If KES can keep shooting like this it will be a big help.
If you go back and look at some of the pick up ball that our guys played with the local kids last season at the Thompson compound, KES actually showed similar acumen. I could never understand why he's one of the better pick-up ballers I have ever seen, but he struggled so much in game time.

Nice to see improvement out of Dalger & Embry. We just look a little ragged & unsure on offense at times. Glad to see us put some distance between us and Jackson St in the latter stages, wish it was more.

Dalger still having foul trouble. Hopefully keyshawn & Dalger don't disappear against better competition.

Reactions: drboobay
We’re really small this year and will struggle against teams with height. The new guys next year should really help.

Reactions: TU 1978
Have to recruit a ball handler. Pooh is grimacing over our handling.

I like the creative seating in student section. With the new food there serving, I would definitely will consider a trip from Denver to Tulsa for a basketball game this year.

Kinda shocked nobody is leaving a minute early, worried 😟 bout getting to their car 7 min earlier.

Pritchard needs to quit getting those free throws where nobody is on the line. He doesn't seem comfortable with nobody around him.

KES 20 points and 6 assists. Selebangue with 15 and 10. Tim had 18 and 9 while Pritchard added 10. We needed All of it with Sam ans Betson having off nights with 9 each.

Its a win and that’s what we needed. Lots to work on but lots of potential here. On to Myrtle Beach.

What I really liked, is that we never let up on offense....we are down your throat
in a NY moment, and if you drop a coverage, even for a second, we will score on
you.....

We have things to correct, but we are (Buzz) light years ahead of our last several
years in early season preparations to play.....

SGC is the real deal, and Dalger, if he could ever become consistent, could be a
huge factor on this team going forward.......

I enjoyed the game.....They didn't show much of the stands, but I haven't seen
a crowd like that, especially early in the season, since Hector was a pup!! Or,
Bill Self
was coach......

Right now, we are lacking good decision making from the PG position....That
is surprising, and badly needs corrected....

Last edited:
I agree, I’ve been very disappointed with the play of Pritchard so far as you usually see a big jump between freshman and sophomore seasons.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Can't tell very well from the broadcast. Looks like they took some of the Student sets out at the sides and tried to consolidate the students into the middle. Is that what it actually happened?
Looks like this now

D68-C9-F5-B-B11-D-494-E-AD28-2-C2-D5-FE192-AD.jpg

I'm glad they put a few levels in the student section. It allows them some cover when sparsely populated, and allows it to really rock when full.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT