ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson State Thread

We need to be following up on these shots for second chances. The one toss and backpedaling is one of the things that killed us last year.

Taking advantage of what they are giving us has been more successful than trying to setup an offensive scheme so far.

Really bad basketball...
Taking advantage of what they are giving us has been more successful than trying to setup an offensive scheme so far.
This was kind of my though coming out of Oregon St. as well... I can't decide what I think about the motion offense we're using... haven't seen enough of it yet to say that it won't work long term, but so far it hasn't overly impressed me.

We are somewhat better on broken plays or transition than we are in the half court.

Reactions: drboobay
Without Dalger, still need to get some interior shots and shut down the JS penetration.

We are a little lazy in the paint on defense. But to JSU credit they are a very making some really good passes inside.

I don’t know if it’s the competition or what but KES has surprised me with his play today. He looked bad at OSU but has 10 points and 4 assists in the first half. Selebangue with 5 and 5. We really need to push the ball and hit the boards in the second half.

Betson celebrated the three and then gave Selebangue the business
As he needed to do Selebangue isn’t helping properly on the screens JSU is running which is why they’re getting so many layup opportunities.

Reactions: loca2874
Maybe we’ll play TULSA basketball in the 2nd half as we did in the 1st half of the Oregon St game. The defense in the 2nd half of that game and 1st half of this game looks the same. Really bad and lazy.

Though I’m still not yelling about open corner 3s 1.5 games in. I find comfort in that alone.

Reactions: astonmartin708
How's the student section look? They are hard to see on TV since they're standing on the platform thing.

Hard to tell with the way they’ve removed/changed some seating on that end. Doesn’t look bad though

At least KES and Dalger look confident today. Finally. Now for some inside game and some defense.

Hard to tell with the way they’ve removed/changed some seating on that end. Doesn’t look bad though
Can't tell very well from the broadcast. Looks like they took some of the Student sets out at the sides and tried to consolidate the students into the middle. Is that what it actually happened?

It’s gonna take a little time for things to come together… we all know how a rebuild works.
I don't think we should be looking this bad against this caliber of teams. I didn't expect we would be worse than we were last season. Yes, we lost Horne, but Konkol brought in 5 of his own guys.... that's an entire starting lineup worth of players.

Some good basketball the last couple of minutes. Looks like Tim has regained his shot, at least for one game.

Reactions: astonmartin708
We ought to be up 20, but keep letting them get rebounds and an easy path to the basket.

Watching this game I am now genuinely concerned for the Detroit Mercy game.
Same. Just FYI…Abilene Christian was up by 20 against Jackson State at half of their first game. I do expect us to pull away over the final ten

Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT