ADVERTISEMENT

Israel vs Hamas

rabidTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
I just can't figure out why the media and the liberal Jews in the US "SEEM" to be trashing their Israeli brothers/sisters over defending themselves. IMO this puts poor Israel at risk of being killed off little by little by that terrorist organization. But the american Jews and our american media, for the most part, seem to be backing the bad guys and attacking Israel. Don't they understand that Israel lives in a day to day fight for survival surrounded by enemies that want them eliminated from the face of the earth? And the enemy is so radical that they put their own muslim children in harms way.

Where are the Jews of America? Where is Spielberg, Weinstein, Bloomberg and others who know whats going on and sit on their collective hands and say nothing? BTW, the US, Britain, France etc killed thousands and thousands of children during WWII in the bombing raids over Germany/Japan including the use of the A-Bomb. Our justification was to save american/british lives. Can we deny Israel the same? Not a single american child was killed on american soil in WWII, but the bombing in WWII ripped appart the bodies of the children of our enemies. And yet, we criticise our Israeli allies who are seeing some of their children in danger and some being executed. The liberals once again have no shame!

Discuss.

This post was edited on 8/4 5:10 PM by rabidTU

We were a very differnt people during WWII. We had different Brains. We had different Morals, Values and thought processes. After Pearl Harbor, there were lines at the recuiting offices. Women went to the factories, and everyone else saved metal for the Metal Drives and lived with Gas, Meat and Sugar rationing. We actually BELIEVED that our way of life was Good and Right and True.

Now.... we don't believe our borders belong to us, and even our own President doesn't like us. And the rest of the world knows this. Particularly the terrorists. And the problem is they DO believe their way of life is Good and Right and True. And Ordained by God.

I fear we are in for a serious Ass Kicking.

For the first time since I got out of college (at the end of the Carter administration which was a foreign policy debacle), the US is showing it's backside to allies. We dumped on Egypt in the name of the "Arab Spring" (which worked out so well since the Army is once again in power) after spending decades courting them. We dumped on the Ukraine after signing a document that guaranteed their territorial security in exchange for them ditching their Soviet era nukes.. We are in the process of dumping on Israel (Obama has refused to send them either replacement missiles or additional funding for the Iron Dome system). These are things that will cause a massive shift in world power over the next several years.

Israel will become more, not less, aggressive with Hamas and others. Allies like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan will begin building up their military. The Euros will remain the same since they have spent so much on social programs they couldn't rearm if they had to. However, it would not surprise me to see the Russians continue to chip away at the former Soviet republics and potentially have even more influence over Europe.

I am not all that worried about our ability to recover from the last 8 years. If we get another anti-military, pro-entitlement expansion President then that attitude may change. Under Clinton we dropped to about 3% of GDP in military spending and eventually recovered (albeit somewhat painfully for the guys who didn't get body armor and other goodies for a few years). During Clinton's last 4 years, they had to let flight hour requirements slip in NavAir because they couldn't pay for fuel and spare tires. We are not even close to that situation at this time.

Unfortunately, our allies are reading the message from this administration loud and clear. That is where the real damage will be as we move forward. If our allies can't trust us to support them they will no longer respect us. Our enemies have already lost all fear of confronting us.

Thanks!

I guess you dont get much foreign policy experience being a Community Organizer,
nor did HRC, with her vast experience of "meeting" foreign leaders and their wives.
This post was edited on 8/17 2:06 PM by aTUfan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT