ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Game Sold Out?

Lower bowl is almost sold out. Still quite a few left in the upper deck.

Lower bowl is almost sold out. Still quite a few left in the upper deck.

TU tweeted about an hour ago that there were only about 1k tickets left and from looking at the seat map, those are mainly all upper half of upper level.

Not including the handicap seats in the lower-level, there are only 14 tickets available in the lower-level

Some of the seats are singles and are less likely to sell.... I'm guessing if they get close enough to a sellout they might just ask a donor to pay for a couple seats so they can list it.

Lower bowl shows sold out. Upper center sections sold out. Top ~ 10 rows on the edges have some seats open still.

Lower bowl shows sold out. Upper center sections sold out. Top ~ 10 rows on the edges have some seats open still.
Wow! The place is fun when the arena is half full. It's going to be insane tonight. I'm definitely going to leave my hearing aids at home.

Wow! The place is fun when the arena is half full. It's going to be insane tonight. I'm definitely going to leave my hearing aids at home.

Yea, I’m thinking it will be crazy as it’s ever been if we are playing well!

One of the best crowds was, IIRC, vs Hawaii in a WAC Championship game. Just over half full and so loud it almost hurt my ears!

Reactions: Gold*
Yea, I’m thinking it will be crazy as it’s ever been if we are playing well!

One of the best crowds was, IIRC, vs Hawaii in a WAC Championship game. Just over half full and so loud it almost hurt my ears!

Nevada WAC finals was outrageously loud and maybe 5,000 fans.

WAC Championship Tourney against UTEP, lost my hearing for a bit it was so loud. Hope this one gets that way too

The two loudest Reynolds Center games...

1. Home loss to Fresno in 2000.
2. Home loss to UNLV in 1999 (late game).

FYI - The Convention Center was louder...must be something about that flat ceiling!
The Arkansas game at the convention center, Tubby vs Nolan, was the loudest sporting event I’ve ever attended.

Reactions: loca2874
I think Reynolds is louder than the old Convention Center. IIRC, they designed the hard ceiling to reflect sound down to make it louder. I hope the team is not too jacked up.

I think this demonstrates that the cure to fixing our attendance problems in both basketball and football is winning. Marketing and promotions and game day experience are great, but when the fun has been sucked out of the game for a decade, attendance is going to suffer. There are plenty of people in this town they remember when we were a great basketball program. They are more than hungry to experience that again.

I hope that the school administration is taking notice of today.

The Arkansas game at the convention center, Tubby vs Nolan, was the loudest sporting event I’ve ever attended.
I was there for that one as well as several of the above mentioned. The volume in that arena was truly insane. I've been to some loud events and I'm sure that I have never attended any event that had the sustained volume of that game. Freakin' Awesome!

Reactions: nevadanatural
I think Reynolds is louder than the old Convention Center. IIRC, they designed the hard ceiling to reflect sound down to make it louder. I hope the team is not too jacked up.

I think this demonstrates that the cure to fixing our attendance problems in both basketball and football is winning. Marketing and promotions and game day experience are great, but when the fun has been sucked out of the game for a decade, attendance is going to suffer. There are plenty of people in this town they remember when we were a great basketball program. They are more than hungry to experience that again.

+1

When there are even the smallest signs of relevance, people start buying tickets again. That said, the place is going to probably be 1/3 WSU fans

Reactions: astonmartin708

So many people have made it a point to talk to me this week about basketball. There’s support. Win games that matter and people care.

Thanks to Chito, I gave away numerous tickets to people this week. Get them in and hopefully they come back. We really need this win tonight to light a damn fire.

Scoop managed to be a douche in his article, but he’s probably right, this is the biggest game in 17 years, since the WAC finals we couldn’t even sell out.

Memphis is an 11 seed in lunardis latest bracket if they lose to UConn will we take their place or do we have to beat 1 point favorite wheatshockers at home?

I remember in that Nevada game it got so loud they called a time out. When it was time to inbound the ball, the crowd got just as loud again. Probably the loudest individual play was a week earlier when Dante banked in the three against Fresno, who was ineligible for post-season play and didn't participate in the conference tourney.

In my fairly short history of following TU Basketball, those inaugural CBI tournament games were some of the funnest I have been a part of.

Reactions: HuffyCane and Gold*
I remember in that Nevada game it got so loud they called a time out. When it was time to inbound the ball, the crowd got just as loud again. Probably the loudest individual play was a week earlier when Dante banked in the three against Fresno, who was ineligible for post-season play and didn't participate in the conference tourney.

The Nevada game was easily the loudest game in Reynolds Center history. The crowd wasn't large due to reseating and high prices for the WAC tournament but those who came were deafening. I have never seen anything else close to that.

The most pre game excitement ever in the Reynolds Center was the Fresno State and the UNLV games we lost in the final seconds. The most pre game excitement I ever saw at the convention center was the 1982 CBS game of the week with Billy Packer between TU and Wichita State. Unicycles on the floor, etc.

The Nevada game was easily the loudest game in Reynolds Center history. The crowd wasn't large due to reseating and high prices for the WAC tournament but those who came were deafening. I have never seen anything else close to that.

The most pre game excitement ever in the Reynolds Center was the Fresno State and the UNLV games we lost in the final seconds. The most pre game excitement I ever saw at the convention center was the 1982 CBS game of the week with Billy Packer between TU and Wichita State. Unicycles on the floor, etc.
I wish we would bring back the unicycles today.

So many people have made it a point to talk to me this week about basketball. There’s support. Win games that matter and people care.

Thanks to Chito, I gave away numerous tickets to people this week. Get them in and hopefully they come back. We really need this win tonight to light a damn fire.

Scoop managed to be a douche in his article, but he’s probably right, this is the biggest game in 17 years, since the WAC finals we couldn’t even sell out.
Yeah, scoop made it his mission to find everything negative to point out in the first half of that article. Made a bleak situation seem even bleaker than reality.

ba11game said:

[/quote]
The Fresno St game at the end of 2000 that settled the regular season title was the most electric I have ever seen at the Reynold’s Center. My games at the Convention Center were more limited by the Saturday morning game against a really good Temple team around 1995 was a great game. The Saturday afternoon game against Utah (where we retired Shea’s jersey) was a great great atmosphere as well.

Memphis is an 11 seed in lunardis latest bracket if they lose to UConn will we take their place or do we have to beat 1 point favorite wheatshockers at home?
Memphis is not a tournament team. They may end up there because of “good wins” but watching them the last few games they don’t belong at this moment.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I hear some good ones. But one is missing.

When Bill Self brought Kansas to town. When Antonio Reed hobbled out and dropped a three from near half court at the half time buzzer the roar was deafening

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT