ADVERTISEMENT

INTs today

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006

At least 6 INTs in today’s scrimmage. For point of reference we had 7 for the entirety of last season. Hopefully it’s a sign we will force more TOs this year!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Agreed, it’s really hard to have any idea since that’s the only detail I’ve seen besides what is posted on tulsahurricane.com but that’s always devoid of anything but coach speak.

Hoping this is more of a reflection on our secondary and not our QBs and receivers. I’ll go with glass half full for now.
Sounds like a devils advocate type of situation of both half full and half empty. Certainly nice to hear the defensive backfield is making progress, but that many int's is concerning to be certain.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Hate to be Debbie Downer but I’ve got to say this makes me nervous. I distinctly remember at this point last season saying how I thought it was going to be a party in the back. Injuries made it worse, but it was clear at the end of the season the great DB practices in fall camp were a reflection on the physical ability at the QB position. You have to wonder if any progress was made.

Reactions: rusty-c
They typically play 2nd string O vs 1st strong D. Most of those guys are 1st string, so I assume it was Boomer/Brinn/President.

Reading Chris Harmon’s write up from the scrimmage it’s looking like Boomer might be the number 2 this year. I expect to see President in goal line packages like last year.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Things we know from the scrimmage:
- There were 6 INTs
- 3 were returned for TDs
(Hill, Martin, Whitfield)
- INTs were thrown by reserves
- Skipper & Boomer each threw a TD

Takeaways:
- Defense obviously had the better day but the main two QBs didn’t have awful days.
- Keanu Hill is as healthy as we’ve seen in the last two years and should contribute
- We jump to the worst assumption after 280 characters of text that spoke only to the defensive performance.

Things we know from the scrimmage:
- There were 6 INTs
- 3 were returned for TDs
(Hill, Martin, Whitfield)
- INTs were thrown by reserves
- Skipper & Boomer each threw a TD

Takeaways:
- Defense obviously had the better day but the main two QBs didn’t have awful days.
- Keanu Hill is as healthy as we’ve seen in the last two years and should contribute
- We jump to the worst assumption after 280 characters of text that spoke only to the defensive performance.
Well, coming off a season where we gave up almost 7.5 yards per play, assuming the worst is rational.....

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT