ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois State favored by 2

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
per Dannysheridan two Vegas lines. TU really needs this W to avoid sinking well below 500, with a likely L against OSU Saturday. Hope season ticket holders will show up and help cheer on the team.

Illinois State is 4-0 at home and 0-2 on the road. They'll compete with Northern Iowa for 2nd in the Valley this year, but likely an NIT team. They made 14 threes in a win over New Mexico on Saturday and shoot 39% from deep as a team on the season. It's a winnable game, but they're better than Little Rock so we can't afford to turn the ball over on a third of our possessions again.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It's like ORU fans complaining about Jeffries coming to TU. It went from "TU is tampering" to "he wasn't that good" to "he won't be eligible."

On ISU, if you take the time to read the links, the one about us oversigning and "secret offers" is amusing. So what? Did your feelings get hurt?

It's like ORU fans complaining about Jeffries coming to TU. It went from "TU is tampering" to "he wasn't that good" to "he won't be eligible."

On ISU, if you take the time to read the links, the one about us oversigning and "secret offers" is amusing. So what? Did your feelings get hurt?

Its conspiracy theories like that lead to #pizzagate.

Silly ISU fan, just because coaches don't publicize their offers doesn't make it a secret offer

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
These fan sites and the recruiting services make money by scooping info and providing all the public but not aggregated info in one place. If recruits cut them out, then their reason to get paid goes away. That's the main issue the recruiting guy who they link to has. "It's not done this way", which means it undermines my model.

My alma mater!
ISU is pretty good. Saw them beat New Mexico - the score was not indicative of the play.

Since it's at home... I'll give Tulsa a 35-40% chance.

The abrupt transition of excitement to "We got the better Elijah anyway" to "something shady happened here" is adorable
I can't remember the exact timeline, but I would think the reason we made it 'secretly' was to avoid influencing Bailey against signing with us? Or had Bailey already comitted/told Haith he was going with Oregon before we offered? If so, it was not the secret dastardly against all rules of recruitin' thing they seemed to have bought into it being. Just because some guy involved with Joiner wasn't following Bailey the rumors get rolling.

Isn't that what Oregon did to us? No one thought Bailey would go to Oregon. We may have known about the recruitment, but it was similar to what we already knew about TU pursuing Bailey. Seems like crying over spilled milk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT