ADVERTISEMENT

If Tulsa pulls a UC...

Everyone just making up the rules as they go along, dodging games, etc is just ruining the game. I recognize much of it is justified, but the rest is just folks gaming what little system is left to suit themselves. I hate it.

Everyone just making up the rules as they go along, dodging games, etc is just ruining the game. I recognize much of it is justified, but the rest is just folks gaming what little system is left to suit themselves. I hate it.
Imagine that. Getting a pot full of money and 120 college football coaches together and a new set of rules and just expecting those guys to follow them.

Sure. My frustration is that this is the world we live in now. Not just sports. If it allows you to win, do it. After all, winning is the most important thing it seems. We will not last long with that mentality.

Reactions: drboobay
Sure. My frustration is that this is the world we live in now. Not just sports. If it allows you to win, do it. After all, winning is the most important thing it seems. We will not last long with that mentality.
Taking us back to the robber baron era.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Well... w CC and UL not playing....
Tulsa backing out may not screw Cincy.

So... may as well just beat the ever loving sh!t out of 'em.

I am hearing that the sunbelt has listed coastal and Louisiana as co-champion. Since they don’t have it outright it will disqualify them for the NY6 for the group of 5. If this is true then tomorrow gets even more interesting

I am hearing that the sunbelt has listed coastal and Louisiana as co-champion. Since they don’t have it outright it will disqualify them for the NY6 for the group of 5. If this is true then tomorrow gets even more interesting
I cannot imagine this

Reactions: HuffyCane
That's hard to believe but would be swift justice to ccu if true. Bet they didnt realize that when they decided to cancel

This is the first rule in years, if not decades that I’ve read that favors TU. I could totally see TU beating Houston in early October, winning the conference, but with 2 or 3 bills paying OOC losses. Meanwhile Houston gets hot and runs the table. We win the conference but they end up ranked a couple of notches higher. Totally plausible. Glad they stop that nonsense,

The announcers on ESPN said during the MAC Championship game that CC is hoping for a Cincinnati loss so they would get the New Years game. Could that be true? Wouldn’t we get it if we are Conference Champs?

The announcers on ESPN said during the MAC Championship game that CC is hoping for a Cincinnati loss so they would get the New Years game. Could that be true? Wouldn’t we get it if we are Conference Champs?
Not necessarily. Not even probably.

Coastal and Louisiana and both considered conference champs. Either would be eligible for the NY6 slot.

Here’s the explanation including a quote from Rick Dickson diplomatically saying Bananas.

Still don’t think this stuff is fixed? They supposedly changed the rule in secret before the cancellation. Whatevs.

But read on: that article says that if we won and Coastal wasn’t eligible they would have considered San Jose State and unranked Boise.

:todd:

The only thing we can control is the game tomorrow. Lets win it and win it big and see what the committee says on Sunday at noon. I do think them changing to rule for coastal Carolina is BS. Rick Dickson is right in that article.

Reactions: drboobay
I am going to say something that some are going to disagree with. But if you disagree you are wrong.

Outbreaks within a team are not a purely random event. Teams with players who do the hard work of distancing and social isolation have the best chance of avoiding big outbreaks.

There should be a penalty of some type for teams with multiple outbreaks, or extra points for staying virus free.

Reactions: TU_BLA and loca2874
Neither of them would be disqualified for the NY6 game...it’s not reserved for a conference champion, just the highest rated team from the G5

I stand corrected. Well that’s a load of crap sort of. I’m not angry that the Sun a belt didn’t play and declared both teams as champions. I’m more pissed that the G5 rep has to be a conference champion while the CFP participants don’t even have to win their division in their conference theoretically.

Side Question: Should USC & MIami get a NY6 bid.
Is this a rhetorical question? If not...the answer is still hell naw.

both got their wins using smoke and mirrors. Miami got throttled by the only 2 decent teams on their schedule and squeaked out a couple of other wins against really bad teams.

USC had thicker smoke. 3 wins in the last second against 2 awful teams and 1 mediocre team...and the PAC10/12/14 is awful...5-0 is not impressive (5-1 after losing to Oregon)

Is this a rhetorical question? If not...the answer is still hell naw.

both got their wins using smoke and mirrors. Miami got throttled by the only 2 decent teams on their schedule and squeaked out a couple of other wins against really bad teams.

USC had thicker smoke. 3 wins in the last second against 2 awful teams and 1 mediocre team...and the PAC10/12/14 is awful...5-0 is not impressive (5-1 after losing to Oregon)
Yes, was rhetorical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT