ADVERTISEMENT

I SWEAR IF

Ozark Caveman

I.T.S. Senior
Feb 28, 2008
Houston Nutt lands this job it'll be a knife to my heart! He is exactly like BB!!! Except more like a greasy used car salesman.

How is he exactly like BB? I don't really see any similarities other than their chosen profession.

We could do a lot worse...

3 SEC west championships...
2 OVC championships
Former Coach of the year... 1A & 1 AA
60% winning record...

He normally knocks it out of the park his first couple of years on the job - and then the wheels fall off.

But I would say he's accomplished A LOT MORE than the previous regime.

I prefer my coaches not guzzle 17 Red Bulls a day. Much less be the reason Gus Malzahn left your staff for li'l ole' Tulsa.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
I prefer my coaches not guzzle 17 Red Bulls a day. Much less be the reason Gus Malzahn left your staff for li'l ole' Tulsa.
Nutt kept the reins on Gus pretty good at Arkansas. Can anyone imagine what Arkansas could have done if they ran Gus' full offense with the insane talent they had on the field that year?

I am not a Houston Nutt fan. If we are going to go the retread route, Butch Davis is a better option IMO.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
But if he brings Nathan Stanley's mom to the athletic office, your flag will be at full mast.

I kind of agree with Ozark to some extent. Although it was much different circumstances, the OC controversy's was handled very poorly by both Nutt and Blankenship. It worked out well for TU when Nutt did what he did because we ended up with Malzahn.

I don't see us hiring a guy that went 4-8 and 2-10 his last two seasons as a HC.

You guy's I live in Arkansas. Trust me, we don't want him as a coach. He freaking ran off Gus Malzahn for Christ's sake!! Who in their right mind would do that? 2 Poor, the similarity between BB and HN is their elementary game plan.

No chance Nutt gets a look. There's just some media folks around here that are buddies with him and he is self promoting himself for the job like crazy.

Didn't Big Al and Pat Jones throw a bunch of names for the basketball job out there too and none of them were ever really seriously considered.

Fact that Meachum is scheduled to be interviewed and confirmed by some sources is a good sign. Chad Morris already has the makings of a really good staff working at SMU including the HC from DeSoto HS meaning he is going to be in on several highly ranked recruits. This process needs to move faster than fast and if Meachum is the guy maybe he can counter Morris' ties to the metroplex with the ones he has built as well.

Talking heads at ESPN are saying H. Nutt is interested in TU & TU in him. Ouch!

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
I think this is 100% from the Houston Nutt camp.
AGREED. This is a PR ploy by Nutt to try and get an interview. I think (and certainly hope) Nutt is way beyond #10 on the list of possibles.
Sorry, previous sentence made ZERO sense the way it was worded. NUTT=NO WAY

This post was edited on 12/3 3:47 PM by TU_BLA

I just remembered the Cotton Bowl with Arkansas vs Missouri. Arkansas ran a fake punt but called a timeout before the punt and the play was negated. After the timeout, Arkansas came out and ran the fake punt again for a 1 yard loss. Only Houston Nutt would do that. It was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen, except for the guy I saw jumping in a mortar mixer to unclog it!

This post was edited on 12/3 4:38 PM by Ozark Caveman

I saw Big Al's list....

Seems all he did was research the board add a few odds and then he shows it on TV like he actually did some research...

By the way my sources are currently saying that Meachem has the inside track...

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Someone mentioned Spavital has already interviewed as well. Looks like Gragg wants young and hungry
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Dallas Morning News today confirmed that Spavital did interview 4 the TU job

Also, alot of A&M fans wondering what's going on,
1st HC Sumlin fired the DC in mid season
Now the OC Spavital might want out
Plus A&M has somel top notch recruits decommit lately

But as usual, some A&M fans feel Spavital (29yrs old?)
is to young & needs more experience.

This post was edited on 12/4 10:43 AM by HHOOTter

Spavial interviews w/ TU

At first I thought Nutt would be an interesting hire. But...

1) wouldn't let malzahn run his offense and ran him off
2) hated by Arkansas fans and ran out of town after 7-8 years
3) tanked Ole Miss program ending with 4 and then 2 win season
4) no jobs for a few years... As the program that struggled has soared without him
5) Big Al and Pat Jones like him

So no thanks.

ESPN's Fowler is reporting TU to interview Nutt next week. He's already been interviewed at UNLV.
sick.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/6 10:52 AM by goldenhurricane2

DUDE!!! NO!!! My worst nightmare might come true! This guy is a sleezball. If TU hires this guy, I will know, all I need to know about the athletic program. I may have to check out for the next 5 to 10 years....

We need to let the AD/President know what our feelings are on this IMO.

I just remembered the Cotton Bowl with Arkansas vs Missouri. Arkansas ran a fake punt but called a timeout before the punt and the play was negated. After the timeout, Arkansas came out and ran the fake punt again for a 1 yard loss. Only Houston Nutt would do that. It was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen, except for the guy I saw jumping in a mortar mixer to unclog it!
This post was edited on 12/3 4:38 PM by Ozark Caveman

Coach Nutt was not coaching in that cotton bowl game, he resigned after the LSU game and Reggie Herring was intrim head coach.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT