ADVERTISEMENT

Huge fight BYU/Memphis

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
About as big as you will see and TV didn't go to commercial. American Conference wins bowl game.

That fight was brewing the entire game. It was going to happen no matter who won.

10 wins and now he gets to kick a kid off the team. #68 (I think that was the #) hit a BYU player with his helmet. #12 from BYU probably needs to be booted off the team too if he has any eligibility left. Sucker punch from behind as a Memphis coach is pulling a player away from the scrum. Sorry, but in those 2 instances, simple suspensions don't send the right message.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Someone should remind BYWho and Memphis to act like they have been there before. Oh...I forgot Memphis has not been there for a longggggg time. I recall seeing other BYU games where the BYU players were always trying to start something.

I'm surprised someone didn't get seriously hurt, given both teams' inability to defend.

The decline of BYU is explained in part by that fight. Watch it again. Two defensive tackles for BYU watch one of their teammates pummeled by five or six Memphis players. The two BYU guys just shake their heads and keep walking away. They don't try to stop it or help a defenseless player. They appear not to care at all.

BYU is consistently one of the dirtiest teams in the nation, so I'm not surprised this happened in one of their games.

Congratulations to Justin, sad he is forced to kick a kid off the team but using your helmet as a weapon is criminal...

Got to love that university honor code at BYU. Surely it was followed to a "T" here and no discipline will take place. Those dudes are grown men... A large percentage I am sure have already been on their two year mission and are well into their twenties. No excuse either way but who do you represent (church affiliated university) and a with a bit of age should come some wisdom.

Memphis of course is more of what we expect. Fuente seemed genuinely disgusted and embarrassed by the whole situation in the post-game interview.

The AAC is going to weigh in on the discipline of the Memphis players as well. BYU, being an independent pretty much gets to do whatever they want with no conference discipline to have to answer to.

Tulsa fans have no clue what they are talking about. It all started with BYU headbutting our player. Whatever discipline that occurs will not hurt our team next year. All they guys that we will depend on next year weren't involved in any of the fist matches. Half of the team didn't know a fight was going on.

Chill Memphis. Most of us only saw replays and the later stuff. I would say the only player facing harsh, potentially dismissed from UM football is the player swinging his helmet and using it as a weapon. If you read the thread closely enough, most of us are on your side in this and think it is unfortunate for a great game to end that ugly. The BYU player who sucker punched the UM player being pulled off by a coach deserves the same fate, providing either of those players have any eligibility left.

On your side here Tiger. Fuente is a class guy and handled it just as expected on the public stage and im certain he will take care of the rest behind closed doors when possible.

Tiger fan, Tulsa has played BYU enough over the years to know they are a late-hitting team.

We'd be on Memphis (our conference-mates) side, anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT