ADVERTISEMENT

How many more scholarships does TU have for 2022 football?

Oak775

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
May 31, 2020
Monty did a great job of picking up portal players after spring practice last year. My question is, how many scholarships are available for the 2022 class?

It’s still a buyers market. There’s going to another wave of players after spring practice.

I talk with Monty at the b-ball game tonight he said he has some schollies left for portal players....

Reactions: Oak775
I talked to Montgomery at the game also and he said probably will fill them in April and May with transfer portal players

Reactions: Oak775
Monty understands ”value” and ”culture”. Monty knows that he can’t get in a portal war with the super majors in the January portal sweepstakes.

Like last year, he’s going to look at the portal and jucos for defensive lineman, an offensive lineman, a couple linebackers, and possibly one more receiver. I would guess Monty has enough schollies for 3-6 more players. He’s going to find value.

Culture. Finding a defensive coordinator, that’s truly nuanced, in the 3-3-5 is no small task. Moreover, having a coach come in and mesh with an existing staff is no easy task either.

Last, when you you bring in outside coaches to lead and a bunch of portal players to play then it deflates the existing staff and players. Morale is a huge thing.

America’s greatest expert on organizational behavior, Peter Drucker, said it best.

“Culture trumps strategy.”

Last edited:
Monty did a great job of picking up portal players after spring practice last year. My question is, how many scholarships are available for the 2022 class?

It’s still a buyers market. There’s going to another wave of players after spring practice.
You probably missed it, but I've posted that info several times in Hurricane Alley, and it's also included in Monday's article....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT