ADVERTISEMENT

How long does the pizza party last?

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Do we have to get to the game two hours early?

As you hopefully are aware, this Saturday, January 21, we will be attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the largest pizza party. With this, there are some thing we want to make sure you are aware of heading into Saturday’s game.

1. Your season ticket gets you into the Pizza Party. No additional ticket is needed to participate.

2. If you are planning to participate in the Pizza Party we ask that you are here by 5:00 PM and ready to enter when the doors open.

a. The only doors that will be open for the party at 5:00 PM are the upper westside doors on the plaza between the Reynolds Center and H.A. Chapman Stadium.

3. For the pizza party, we will be utilizing the lower bowl of the arena. So as you are participating, you will not be in your assigned game seat. You will be seated as you enter the bowl into your seat for the event. Each group of 50 will have a proctor to make sure everyone completes the challenge.

a. The pizza party will start at 5:45 at which time you will have 15 minutes to eat two small slices of pizza (you will be provided an 8-ounce bottle of water). You cannot begin eating until 5:45, or when they announcer tells you to begin. You must finish the two slices of pizza and the water in the 15 minutes to count towards the record.

4. Your regular assigned seat will not be available until 6:15, so if you are not participating your seat will not be available for you to use until 6:15. However, we will have section 107 available for spectators to watch the pizza party and/or pregame warmups. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but to set world records, we will need to utilize the lower bowl for this attempt.

a. Additionally, the pregame Golden Hurricane Champions Fund Terrace behind section 101 & 118 will not be open until 6:00. We will still have a chalk talk at the terrace at 6:30.

5. For anyone who participates in the pizza party, we will have an after party in the practice gym as soon as the attempt has concluded with free pizza and a cash bar with local craft beers.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you will participate in this event. If you have any questions about this event, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or by calling

Reactions: I.I.
As you hopefully are aware, this Saturday, January 21, we will be attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the largest pizza party. With this, there are some thing we want to make sure you are aware of heading into Saturday’s game.

1. Your season ticket gets you into the Pizza Party. No additional ticket is needed to participate.

2. If you are planning to participate in the Pizza Party we ask that you are here by 5:00 PM and ready to enter when the doors open.

a. The only doors that will be open for the party at 5:00 PM are the upper westside doors on the plaza between the Reynolds Center and H.A. Chapman Stadium.

3. For the pizza party, we will be utilizing the lower bowl of the arena. So as you are participating, you will not be in your assigned game seat. You will be seated as you enter the bowl into your seat for the event. Each group of 50 will have a proctor to make sure everyone completes the challenge.

a. The pizza party will start at 5:45 at which time you will have 15 minutes to eat two small slices of pizza (you will be provided an 8-ounce bottle of water). You cannot begin eating until 5:45, or when they announcer tells you to begin. You must finish the two slices of pizza and the water in the 15 minutes to count towards the record.

4. Your regular assigned seat will not be available until 6:15, so if you are not participating your seat will not be available for you to use until 6:15. However, we will have section 107 available for spectators to watch the pizza party and/or pregame warmups. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but to set world records, we will need to utilize the lower bowl for this attempt.

a. Additionally, the pregame Golden Hurricane Champions Fund Terrace behind section 101 & 118 will not be open until 6:00. We will still have a chalk talk at the terrace at 6:30.

5. For anyone who participates in the pizza party, we will have an after party in the practice gym as soon as the attempt has concluded with free pizza and a cash bar with local craft beers.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you will participate in this event. If you have any questions about this event, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email or by calling
I was called by the hurricane office to be made aware of what was going on with the pizza party. Pretty much all I got out of it was the doors open at 5pm. None of the info above was translated. Was kind of a wasted call to not have him informed. I asked him two or three questions, none of which did he answer appropriately.

The first 1,000 people in line get a world’s record pizza party sweatshirt. They are going all out on this…..everyone get there.

Reactions: drboobay
The first 1,000 people in line get a world’s record pizza party sweatshirt. They are going all out on this…..everyone get there.
What's the record for largest Pizza party? I don't know that we're going to even break 1000

Maybe they should have done this at a women’s game since the attendance might be better for a winning team.

I have friends who have never been to a TU game (hell even on campus) who are going to the pizza party and game afterwards. One of the best promotions I’ve ever seen at TU or anywhere for that matter.
Almost no tix left lower bowl.

Reactions: TU 1978
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT