ADVERTISEMENT

Houston

Tu Geo

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2003
Did Texas just endorse the Coogs to the B-12?

If true wow is all I can say. Why?

GO TU!!!!

GO TU!!!!

No. Our hapless governor did, however. Probably still on Tylenol 3 after burning his legs.

GO TU!!!!
It was a political move, Texas Tech also endorsed them, UH will let UT and TT each open large satellite campuses in Houston if they get into the Big-12, I guess UH has some control that

I see it as a power move by all the Texas schools to gain more control of the league. They'd become a voting block to offset the other schools in the north. Traditionally this kind of thing goes all the way back to the Southwest Conference days of old. IMO

Reactions: cmullinsTU
The big 12 is really nothing more than a reconstituted SWC....

Oklahoma and Texas should have jumped at the SEC's offer and told their little brothers to go pound sand.

Seriously, who cares nationally about a two horse league made up of fading and never were programs.

It's a testament to their lack of stature when they begin to consider schools like Houston an Cinncinnati to be worthy additions.

Soon the big 12 will be a group of 7 conference.

Reactions: TUMU
It is past time for OU to dump the big 12 and head to the SEC or Big 10! If Boren stays with the big 12 then he is an idiot.

osu might go to the mountain west. They tell everybody that they are a big boy now let them prove it!

IMO the G5 teams need a form a four team play-off of the top rated teams. The P5 could include the winner of the G5 in a 6 or 8 game play-off for the national champ. While the P5 is trying to rid themselves of the G5 to get all the money they are going to be sued at one point and most likely loose.
If the G5 has a spot in the Champ play-off it might stop some teams from jumping to the P5 and give more money to the group as a whole. Most of the teams that jump are going to end up like Iowa st near the bottom every year. It hurts football as we loose rivalry games just as they begin to develop.
Houston and others would still want to jump but if they would reason most would have a better chance in the G5 group of making the National Champ play-off.

The issue with the p5, is that of the 60 or so teams, only 10 or 15 of them are real contenders to win a national championship or even compete. The rest just ride their financial coattails.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TU_BLA
If ou and texas leave the big12, what happens to osu?
OSU and OU will go together. I had heard rumors so I asked a buddy of mine who is one of the ADs and he confirmed that. He also confirmed that it would be the SEC

Why would OU want OSU? OSU is just another Iowa State that has only been successful when they cheat. Not exactly the type of school that conferences want..Low academics and a bad reputation.

I'm sure UH will enjoying joining a Big 12 league without OU, OSU and Texas.

Why would OU want OSU? OSU is just another Iowa State that has only been successful when they cheat. Not exactly the type of school that conferences want..Low academics and a bad reputation.
First, OSU has been averaging 9.3 wins per season over the last 8 years, and with the NCAA investigation OSU went through 3 years ago, I think it showed, as the NCAA said , that OSU has one of the cleanest programs in the country. As far as OU and OSU, the only people on either side that don;t get a long are the fans, both schools work hand in hand in all other areas, heck, even the players vacation together. I know you guys don't like us, and its understandable, but to say OSU is not worthy to be a P5 team is utterly ridiculous

If you are saying that you are on the same level as OU, you might want to get a clue! Also, OSU is the shining example of a school who has done nothing but ride the back of OU because it is a state funded school. I am saying that it would benefit OU to get away from the anchor that is OSU. OSU will continue to bring OU down. But of course, they both need to get away from Texas who is the final voice on the conference.

All money is dirty. Have you ever looked at your hands after counting?

Probably not, except Boone may think he can buy his way in with his dirty money.

Don't ever forget he had a huge impact on Tulsa. His attempt of a hostile take over of Cities Service did irreparable damage to the city of Tulsa. Cost the community of Tulsa close to 4000 really high paying jobs.

All of his gratuity to Oklahomans will never pay back the damage he did to our community.

I for one will never give the guy any praise for his so called charity to Oklahoma State.

GO TU!!!!

If you are saying that you are on the same level as OU, you might want to get a clue! Also, OSU is the shining example of a school who has done nothing but ride the back of OU because it is a state funded school. I am saying that it would benefit OU to get away from the anchor that is OSU. OSU will continue to bring OU down. But of course, they both need to get away from Texas who is the final voice on the conference.
I have never said, or indicated that OSU is on the same level as OU in football, but there are probably only 4 or 5 other schools in the entire country that are on their level, OU is one of a handful of elite programs. If you want to have a conference where all the schools are the level of OU we would have one 5 team conference, that would be pretty boring. OSU is now a solid top 25 program, which takes nothing away from OU and does make us appealing to other conferences , not to mention our 51 national titles. OU and OSU will stick together, its best for both schools. And just because we are a state school, the money that has been spent on facilities has nothing to do with being a state school, OSU has taken nothing form the State to build our facilities.

Reactions: ShaneB72
SEC didn't want osu the last time. Has something changed?
OSU or OU ever inquired about the SEC, but, the SEC has now contacted OSU and has expressed interest, I don;t know what has changed except that we have one of the top overall Athletic departments in the country

Top two teams in each p5 conference:
Big12 - OU, Texas
Pac12 - socal, ucla
Big10+ - Ohio state, mich
Acc - fla st, clemson?
Sec - Alabama, fla/georgia

Name the third place team in each conference.

Last edited:
Big12 - OU, Texas
Pac12 - socal, ucla
Acc - fla st, clemson?

Big12 - Baylor / TCU (I would argue either of these teams have been better than Texas for the past 3 years)
Pac12 - Oregon Ducks
Big10 - Mich St or maybe Penn State?
Acc - Is this truly a power 5 conference?? Thought that was a key position on my car's ignition switch.
SEC - The inequity between Alabama and the rest of college football is deplorable. I would wager LSU though.

How'd I do? Agree or disagree?

OSU and OU will go together. I had heard rumors so I asked a buddy of mine who is one of the ADs and he confirmed that. He also confirmed that it would be the SEC

The SEC wants OSU to join about as much as they want Alabama to leave.... OU had the chance to go SEC and leave OSU behind and Boren blocked it.... Now they are going to sink together.

OSU or OU ever inquired about the SEC, but, the SEC has now contacted OSU and has expressed interest, I don;t know what has changed except that we have one of the top overall Athletic departments in the country

Ol' Miss probably wants you so they can win an extra conference game and be bowl eligible every year.

Big12 - OU, Texas
Pac12 - socal, ucla
Acc - fla st, clemson?

What criteria are you using? Lifetime achievement? Last ten years? Five years? Overall sports programs or just football?

Big12 - OU, Texas
Pac12 - socal, ucla
Acc - fla st, clemson?

Some of these are close...

Big12 - OU, Texas....then OSU is a distant third.
PAC12 - USC, Oregon....UCLA third at this point
Big10 - Ohio St, Mich....Penn St, Mich St. PSU probably is historically better but brief time in conference moves them to third plus the scandal.
ACC - FSU, Clemson/Miami....too close to call.
SEC - Bama, Fla/Auburn/Ga/Tenn/LSU....All have an argument for second place

Some of these are close...

Big12 - OU, Texas....then OSU is a distant third.
PAC12 - USC, Oregon....UCLA third at this point
Big10 - Ohio St, Mich....Penn St, Mich St. PSU probably is historically better but brief time in conference moves them to third plus the scandal.
ACC - FSU, Clemson/Miami....too close to call.
SEC - Bama, Fla/Auburn/Ga/Tenn/LSU....All have an argument for second place
That's 19 teams. The other 41 are also rans.
So why do they often feel superior?

That's 19 teams. The other 41 are also rans.
So why do they often feel superior?

Assume because one party is bringing in $30M a year in TV revenue compared to $3M a year thus allowing them to buy nicer toys. Sort of like the guy living in an exclusive/expensive subdivision feeling superior to the guy living in the trailer park.

Assume because one party is bringing in $30M a year in TV revenue compared to $3M a year thus allowing them to buy nicer toys. Sort of like the guy living in an exclusive/expensive subdivision feeling superior to the guy living in the trailer park.
But they are no better than many g5 teams. They just benefit from being in a p5 conference.

Repetition, you probably think this song is about you. Repetition, I bet you think this song about you, don't you, don't you...

1) The Big10 does not want OU.

2) OU and Texas are the best in the Big12 and the others are also rans? Seems to me that Baylor and TCU have proven otherwise. Baylor is questionable this year but Patterson will keep TCU on top until at least 2022.

3) I would love to see OU and Texas in the SEC.

4) As much as I hate Houston they have had some sustained success. They have shown a serious commitment to athletics with rand new stadium. They have had some big time wins , something that we have not been able to do. They also bring the 43,000 students and the 10th largest TV market. The P5 is about money and Houston will bring it.

Houston is already a Big XII and SEC TV market.

I don't disagree that they may be deserving just on their own merits but UH really doesn't add anything for the Big XII they don't already have. If anything it would be a defensive measure to keep other leagues out of the market for TV and recruiting.

Big12 - OU, Texas
Pac12 - socal, ucla
Acc - fla st, clemson?

Considering that neither of the teams that have together won all 7 of the last Pac12 championships makes your top 2, I'm guessing you're not watching much west coast ball. UCLA in the top 2 is a joke. 7 different teams have won or shared the Pac12 title since UCLA's last.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT