ADVERTISEMENT

Houston vs Smu game this December 5

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
Is now not happening this week due to covid and if Tulsa is not in the championship game on December 19 Tulsa will play at Houston on the 19th

Last edited:
This is old news. Why is it being reposted today???
Was postponed nov 21 then again for December 5 according to espn 2 hours ago and it will affect us if we don’t play in the championship we will play Houston Dec 19 per espn

Last edited:
Was postponed nov 21 then again for December 5 according to espn 2 hours ago and it will affect us if we don’t play in the championship we will play Houston Dec 19 per espn
Once again, old news that has been posted more than a week ago, if I'm not mistaken. Just because espn played it like it was new, does not mean it isn't old. I could find you several references to this bit of news, on several posts, but I'll leave that to you.

Now that is news!!! He should have led with that.
ESPN is still showing Houston SMU will be played this Saturday must have had it listed like this for the last 2 weeks when it was canceled and still lists it as still being played this week lol

ESPN is still showing Houston SMU will be played this Saturday must have had it listed like this for the last 2 weeks when it was canceled and still lists it as still being played this week lol
You don't have a clue. As of yesterday they were playing SMU. Now they are not. At least it was SMU causing this game to be postponed, not Houston. So SMU adds their self to the list of teams only playing 7 games? And causes Houston to be the only team to play 6 games? At this point everybody else has 7 or 8 scheduled or played. That really screws with us. They could be 4-2 and us 5-2. I guess the one more win would put us through, over them.

Just win Saturday, and we don't have to concern ourselves with this anymore.

Article Posted 2 hours ago,
"Houston's upcoming game with SMU has been postponed for a second time because of COVID-19 issues, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

The game, which was originally to be played on Nov. 21, was postponed to Dec. 5 when COVID-19 issues within Houston's program caused the game to be delayed. This time, it's COVID-19 issues within SMU's program that are preventing the game from being played.

It's unclear at this point whether the game can be made up. "

Reactions: libertychamp
You don't have a clue. As of yesterday they were playing SMU. Now they are not. At least it was SMU causing this game to be postponed, not Houston. So SMU adds their self to the list of teams only playing 7 games? And causes Houston to be the only team to play 6 games? At this point everybody else has 7 or 8 scheduled or played. That really screws with us. They could be 4-2 and us 5-2. I guess the one more win would put us through, over them.

Just win Saturday, and we don't have to concern ourselves with this anymore.

Article Posted 2 hours ago,
"Houston's upcoming game with SMU has been postponed for a second time because of COVID-19 issues, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

The game, which was originally to be played on Nov. 21, was postponed to Dec. 5 when COVID-19 issues within Houston's program caused the game to be delayed. This time, it's COVID-19 issues within SMU's program that are preventing the game from being played.

It's unclear at this point whether the game can be made up. "
You have to play the minimum league average games to be eligible for the championship. I believe this would disqualify Houston.

You have to play the minimum league average games to be eligible for the championship. I believe this would disqualify Houston.
Yeah the average # of conference games will be 7.27, which means you have to play 6.27. That would mean they would have to play SMU on 12/19, which would mean they can't even be figured in the tie breakers until after the fact. That is if they don't round down to 6, and include them in the tie breaker. But I don't think it works like that. I think you have to play 7. So that would mean Memphis would be the only one still in contention. With a loss by them, or a win by us, they don't really have much of a chance. Although I think two wins by them, and two losses by us would probably leave them better in the CFP, I don't think that's gonna happen.

I wonder if Houston will even play Memphis. I kind of doubt it if we win and/or Memphis loses this weekend. I wonder if ESPN can insist on Memphis and Houston playing. I would love it if Houston and SMU had to play on 12/19. That would be so degrading for them to have to make that last game up with nothing on the line, and us playing the championship that day. They'd be the only other game in the American playing that day. It woulld be such an afterthought.

Reactions: drboobay
Yeah the average # of conference games will be 7.27, which means you have to play 6.27. That would mean they would have to play SMU on 12/19, which would mean they can't even be figured in the tie breakers until after the fact. That is if they don't round down to 6, and include them in the tie breaker. But I don't think it works like that. I think you have to play 7. So that would mean Memphis would be the only one still in contention. With a loss by them, or a win by us, they don't really have much of a chance. Although I think two wins by them, and two losses by us would probably leave them better in the CFP, I don't think that's gonna happen.

I wonder if Houston will even play Memphis. I kind of doubt it if we win and/or Memphis loses this weekend. I wonder if ESPN can insist on Memphis and Houston playing. I would love it if Houston and SMU had to play on 12/19. That would be so degrading for them to have to make that last game up with nothing on the line, and us playing the championship that day. They'd be the only other game in the American playing that day. It woulld be such an afterthought.

Houston or SMU will likely be playing in the Frisco bowl on 12/19.

I would think ESPN would want this structured as much like a play off that they can. Between that abd the risk to their crews I would think they would be against it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT