ADVERTISEMENT

Houston job

We're in a dead period until mid-January. I don't believe any coaches are able to make any type of recruiting trips during this period.

Kitty needs to get over the 100-6 game hell the entire T.U. team had the flu many starters didn't make the trip. The all time series record is Houston 21 wins Tulsa 18 not like you dominated us and in about 3 years series will be tied. Good luck on finding a coach.

The 100-6 beat down was 47 years ago, TU tried to cancel the game with alot of their players down with the flu, so their A-Hole classless coach runs up the score against an intermural team. Congratulations

I correct my first assertion that the Houston opening/coach search was a dumpster fire. That role has now been taken over by Michigan. Nobody UM wants wants UM. Some booster still thinks Harbaugh although it is well publicized that he wants to stay in the NFL and likely will end up in Miami or Chicago next season. They are not going to get the type of HC they think they're entitled to.

This post was edited on 12/17 8:18 AM by TU_BLA

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I correct my first assertion that the Houston opening/coach search was a dumpster fire. That role has not been taken over by Michigan. Nobody UM wants wants UM. Some booster still thinks Harbaugh although it is well publicized that he wants to stay in the NFL and likely will end up in Miami or Chicago next season. They are not going to get the type of HC they think they're entitled to.
So what you're saying is Todd Graham to Michigan?

The funny thing is that they are still bragging about the 100-6 beat down. if it were me, I would feel ashamed bout it. Not only did they insist on playing, but their coach had no qualms bout scoring 100 points, despite knowing they were playing against an intramural substitute team.

Originally posted by jesterondirt:

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I correct my first assertion that the Houston opening/coach search was a dumpster fire. That role has not been taken over by Michigan. Nobody UM wants wants UM. Some booster still thinks Harbaugh although it is well publicized that he wants to stay in the NFL and likely will end up in Miami or Chicago next season. They are not going to get the type of HC they think they're entitled to.
So what you're saying is Todd Graham to Michigan?
While initially that is funny, I don't think so. Graham's wife HATES the cold. She hated Pittsburgh.

Given the choice I'd take Montgonery over Hermann or Morris. Ironic for all Houston's "we're P5" talk they ended up with exactly the same kind of coach as the other AAC football teams. You are the company you keep...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Of the three

Houston - Th e OC from ohio st
Smu -Clensonn OC Chad Morris
Tulsa - Baylor OC Phillip Montgomery.

I think we got the best.

This post was edited on 12/19 2:22 PM by aTUfan

SMU --Clemson OC

I know there was some grumbling earlier about us missing out on Chad but I think that we definitely came out for the better.
Now I just want to see what kind of staff we have. Having a good coach is only the first step. We really have the chance to step it up.

Originally posted by Cane94:
SMU --Clemson OC

I know there was some grumbling earlier about us missing out on Chad but I think that we definitely came out for the better.
Now I just want to see what kind of staff we have. Having a good coach is only the first step. We really have the chance to step it up.
+1...and not because the other 2 aren't fine coaches. My reasoning for thinking we've gotten the best deal is that the other 2 have been somewhat removed from their Texas roots and the recruiting pipeline for a few years although I am sure they jumped in on a few recruits here or there. Montgomery has been there and part of the HS/college culture for the past 17 years. Just that gives him a leg up as he has had those constant and easily manageable relationships and much easier to do face to face meetings rather than a phone call from Clemson, SC or Columbus, OH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT