ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Game Thread

Sasser 3’s and rebounds tells the whole story. We can stop Sasser maybe but we can’t consistently out rebound them. Shumate had more blocked shots in 3 minutes than Ugboh all year. We took 6 threes early and didn’t adjust to the rebound officiating. That gets you a 30 point loss.

Reactions: Gold*
Shumate has a “Houston player” attitude in there.

Yeah. It's the Chicago in him, Joiner and William's have it too, Jackson can play that kind of style but it's not his natural attitude. Kind of seems clear some of our guys played a lot more organized. Notice William's, Schumate, and Joiner rarely get knocked off their feet. It's because they are use to taking contact and playing through.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
Sasser 3’s and rebounds tells the whole story. We can stop Sasser maybe but we can’t consistently out rebound them. Shumate had more blocked shots in 3 minutes than Ugboh all year. We took 6 threes early and didn’t adjust to the rebound officiating. That gets you a 30 point loss.

Yup, especially in that first half of the first half. Not just the 14-0 run but right up till like the 8min mark of the first half. They were just way more aggressive and we never matched it. Our blocking out was better, but still lapsed at times.

It was against Houston’s scrubs but I thin we’ve seen enough of Shumate that he should see some real game minutes if Idowu has to sit with injury.

Yeah, it seems his problem is just not up to speed on what we run right now. With out Idowu I expect we see him and Earley split those. Honestly our man is pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing us stay in it more. Schumate is athletic enough to stay in front and play that way if the zone slides and principles are giving him trouble.

Waiting to hear Frank.

I promise to avoid full melt mode.

Going to wait for the season to end before posting about the program's future, coach, etc.

It was against Houston’s scrubs but I thin we’ve seen enough of Shumate that he should see some real game minutes if Idowu has to sit with injury.
Looks like a legitimate rim protector. Haven’t seen him enough to comment on his rebounding but with that vertical he should board well.

Waiting to hear Frank.

Going to wait for the season to end before posting about the program's future, coach, etc.

Really worried about Idowu. If his injury is serious not sure we have any low post presence whatsoever.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Haywood is a problem and really hurts this team. Earley is just not good and continues to look lost. Haith does not know how to recruit or coach offensive players. Unreal that he thinks Haywood could be a shooter.

Waiting to hear Frank.

Coach Haiti was yelling his BALLS OFF for his players to hustle . The coach should not
have to ask his players to pretty please give some effort . Those players need to ride
home on a worn out bus with no heater , that would parallel the lack of pride and effort
they forgot to bring tonight.

I’m not watching, doing kid bedtime stuff, but this box score reminds me of the Woj vs Calipari games. I don’t miss those, and I effing hate this one.

Oh well, there’s bigger things in life. Spent the past month with a serious possibility I had cancer but received a clean bill of health this morning. So life is good!

If the last year has taught me nothing else, it’s that these games are nothing in the grand scheme of things. Glad to hear you’re doing ok.

Coach Haiti was yelling his BALLS OFF for his players to hustle . The coach should not
have to ask his players to pretty please give some effort . Those players need to ride
home on a worn out bus with no heater , that would parallel the lack of pride and effort
Reminds me of @Cincinnati last season.

Shumate and Urbanic need to see more time. Both should be getting a few minutes,
not every game necessarily but regularly. Earley looked the best I have seen in a bit.
Was the injury still nagging him?
ESPN tends to show the other teams bench instead of ours, but the few glimpses I
have gotten of Earley the last three or four games, either he wasn't suited up at all,
or he was wearing a coverall warmup.....

ESPN tends to show the other teams bench instead of ours, but the few glimpses I
have gotten of Earley the last three or four games, either he wasn't suited up at all,
or he was wearing a coverall warmup.....

He's still playing "tender" with that leg that was operated on it seems. Maybe it is a mental thing to get back there and bang around again. I have seen that happen.

Reactions: TU4ever2

Again a few players need to see some serious bench time. Too many seem very secure in minimal effort. Meanwhile almost no one else sees court time. So that sets up a bit of an issue. Are these the kids putting out the best effort in practice and games. If they are we have one type of problem. If they aren't then how long till the kids putting in maximum effort realize it won't help them and either leave or simply adopt a similar attitude waiting their turn to get on the court. Where they will give similar effort with out consequences.

He's still playing "tender" with that leg that was operated on it seems. Maybe it is a mental thing to get back there and bang around again. I have seen that happen.

Especially if it's something that he has had some set backs with in recovery. If it takes a lot to get back to where you are sometimes you don't want to risk going the opposite way again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT