ADVERTISEMENT

Hoax or no Hoax?

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Coronavirus is not a hoax. Of course, thousands of people don't die of a hoax.

However, the reaction of the Democratic Party is strong enough to be considered a hoax.

It happened starting in China and you can't blame the US for it. China didn't, at first, alert the rest of the World. We weren't prepared and the is no vaccine. You can't have a vaccine for something the just not yet exist. There have been a string of Coronaviruses. But each one is different and they come at various intervals. We saw bad results with a hurry-up swine flu vaccine. Today, we sadly, saw the first American death.

Democrats are openly saying that this is Trump's Katrina, Yet, we had no control over the first days of knowing the nature of the virus. This shows that a country like China with vast number of people, a dictator who won't tolerate news get out, and less than the standards of the developed nations is prime for the start of a pandemic.

Clearly, the DNC wants this to be blamed on Trump. That is the hoax. The threat is real but there is no need for panic and finger pointing. Check your history. These kind of epidemics and pandemics go back centuries. Originally coronaviruses go back centuries and horses, the cattle, bats, and other mammals with spines split off. New coronaviruses can come at ten years, or one year, or decades. No country in the world was ready for this because it is unpredictable.

By the way, some in China are saying that the US developed this as a weapon. That is a hoax.

One of the problems is the media reporting news which is just flat out fake (they don’t verify facts). They’ve reported the first death is a 19 year old.
I don’t know this is false but I have my suspicions. Guess we will know soon enough.

The only ones talking about hoaxes are Trump and his core supporters and defenders. Everyone else is talking about taking the response seriously.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/factchecking-trumps-coronavirus-press-conference/

Appointing Pence to head up a response and muzzle the CDC is a joke. Pence is as anti science as Trump if not more so. Trump has repeatedly tried to cut global infectious disease response funding, but mostly Congress has prevented it. Now when Trump has been caught misleading the public, his backers join him in blaming the media and Dems for his delusions.

...and I was correct. Man who passed away was in his 50s with underlying health issues. Not sure I would call the media stirring up panic with false stories a hoax but it’s certainly inexcusable. On second thought...let’s go with a hoax.

I wouldn't want to take a hurry up vaccine. I know a man who did with the Swine Flu. He spent a year in a wheel chair, the next year with a walker, and the third year he had made it to a cane. He was middle aged. That is not statistically significant unless of course it is you.

MERS-Cov in 2018 still has no vaccine.

Last edited:
Anyone notice that China arrested 140+ hong kong protestors and the CEO of an opposition media company over the weekend?

Or were we too busy looking for facemasks and blaming Trump?

Reactions: maverickfp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT