ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football Title Picks Again Im Almost Forgot Sorry

I’ve still got a feeling that Josh is hoping that his dad retires soon then comes over to BA as a volunteer analyst or something. It’s probably a little too late for that though.
Josh is under .500. He doesn't quite understand the flow of offense that his dad has. He also doesn't have the same caliber of players his dad had/has at Union and Owasso, and now that Oklahoma has an open transfer portal between districts, it's going to get worse before it gets better in BA.

I just can't figure out why nobody has offered Alexander a HC spot, and he has been an assistant ever since.
Waiting for the right situation? Maybe he wants Bill's job in Owasso when he decides to hang the whistle up. Maybe he's waiting for Jenks which might come open sooner than anyone anticipates with how much they're flailing this year. I don't think Frid or Loren Montgomery are going anywhere anytime soon (Frid might be the sooner of the two as his kid is a SR this year at Union). We'll see but I think he's around for a few more years. Montgomery is at Bixby as long as he wants to stay there and they'll throw $$$ at him to keep him there. My guess is he only leaves there for a college job.

So Union won 65-0 over Norman HS last night. Bigger than that though is Shaker Reisig went out injured after scoring a TD in a QB run with Union up 51-0 and 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. My question is WHY THE **** WOULD YOU LEAVE A CERTAIN D1 QB IN THE GAME UP 51 POINTS AND THE GAME NIT HAVING BEEN IN DOUBT ONCE THE 1ST QUARTER WAS OVER????? His arm was in a sling after that play and when they asked the trainer if it was bad he shrugged his shoulders meaning he didn't want to tell anyone. If he is lost for the season, then just hand the championship trophy to Bixby. The only question will now be who Bixby will play in the championship game.

BTW, Westmoore throttled BA. BA is now 1-5 on the season. Pretty much after every questionable loss either David Alexander or Jake Alexander trolls Broken Arrow by tweeting a picture of DA on the field with his BA team that won the state championship. It's kind of hilarious

So Union won 65-0 over Norman HS last night. Bigger than that though is Shaker Reisig went out injured after scoring a TD in a QB run with Union up 51-0 and 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. My question is WHY THE **** WOULD YOU LEAVE A CERTAIN D1 QB IN THE GAME UP 51 POINTS AND THE GAME NIT HAVING BEEN IN DOUBT ONCE THE 1ST QUARTER WAS OVER????? His arm was in a sling after that play and when they asked the trainer if it was bad he shrugged his shoulders meaning he didn't want to tell anyone. If he is lost for the season, then just hand the championship trophy to Bixby. The only question will now be who Bixby will play in the championship game.

BTW, Westmoore throttled BA. BA is now 1-5 on the season. Pretty much after every questionable loss either David Alexander or Jake Alexander trolls Broken Arrow by tweeting a picture of DA on the field with his BA team that won the state championship. It's kind of hilarious
Yeah it's funny he even retweets the highlights everyweek

Shaker Reisig has a broken collarbone and is out for the season. Wonder what Fridrich is feeling considering he got injured when Union was up 51-0 with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and he basically yanked any chance of Union beating Bixby in the state championship game.

And I'm watching this game from Union's suite at the top courtesy of my son and his Nat'l Merit scholar designation. We've literally heard "Union's on defense right now right?" From several of the kids as this is probably the 1st football game some of them have been to 😂

BTW Union is up 14-7 on Mustang. Union hasn't thrown a pass yet and you k ow Fridrich knows points will be hard to come by because they went for a 4th and 8 from their own 30 on the 1st possession. And Mustang has some athletes

Shaker Reisig has a broken collarbone and is out for the season. Wonder what Fridrich is feeling considering he got injured when Union was up 51-0 with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and he basically yanked any chance of Union beating Bixby in the state championship game.

BTW Union is up 14-7 on Mustang. Union hasn't thrown a pass yet and you k ow Fridrich knows points will be hard to come by because they went for a 4th and 8 from their own 30 on the 1st possession. And Mustang has some athletes
Owasso beat Mustang by 52 so I doubt even the Union backups would have much trouble with them,

Too bad about Reisig. The starters shouldn’t play beyond the first series of the 3rd quarter in these blowouts. The younger kids need a chance.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Bixby is up 37-0 over BA midway through the 2nd quarter. The tweets from DA this week should be fantastic

Bixby is up 37-0 over BA midway through the 2nd quarter. The tweets from DA this week should be fantastic
Something like "BA out here looking like west side team" would be $$$. I'd laugh my ass off at that.

Union up 24-7 at half. Mustang keeps turning the ball over. Their QB can't throw the ball either and they're more one dimensional in their run game than Union is right now. I don't think Mustang completed a pass in the 1st half. Union completed one. If halftime wasn't so long so they could acknowledge all these nerdy kids and then have the band do their entire competition show, I'd bet the 3Q could be done by now, instead we're just kicking off.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Union wins 46-7. Mustang scored on their 1st possession but never really threatened to score again. Union was very vanilla running the ball tonight. QB did eventually throw a few passes and dropped a really nice one onto Jino Boyd about 40 yds downfield. He also had a TD pass early in the 4th on a broken play. He showed some nice arm strength as well. Apparently he's a 9th grader and started over a Junior who has been backing Reisig up. Guess they wanted this kid playing 9th grade ball rather than sitting in the bench and not getting game action with varsity. He needs to learn how to get through his progressions though because he throws the ball to the first option every time and it almost cost him a pick on his first throw tonight.

So I'm being told Reisig will return for the playoffs. I don't know since broken collarbones are temperamental without surgical intervention. We'll see
I was surprised to see him doing so much out there during warmups before the Santa Fe game. He wasn’t in a sling anymore.

Also TU needs to recruit Boyd and Covington from Union. Both are getting D1 offers (albeit smaller D1s) but can definitely play for TU. With TU taking tempest from last year, I don’t see why Boyd doesn’t have an offer.

I was surprised to see him doing so much out there during warmups before the Santa Fe game. He wasn’t in a sling anymore.

Also TU needs to recruit Boyd and Covington from Union. Both are getting D1 offers (albeit smaller D1s) but can definitely play for TU. With TU taking tempest from last year, I don’t see why Boyd doesn’t have an offer.
Boyd is so freaking good. The only corner in the state that can cover him 1 on 1 just committed to OU and happens to also play for Union (Devon Jordan). The kid that played TE last year and this year moved to LB could be on the radar. He's a nice pass catching TE but in Union's scheme, he wasn't getting many balls thrown his way. He's a big old fast LB. Lane (and I can't remember his last name).

TU should be recruiting the 2 RBs. They're both class of 2025. Jordan Schelling is tough enough to run between the tackles and get tough yards, but also fast enough to get to the corner and run by DBs. The other, Boston Carrasco is BLAZING fast. Union uses him on jet sweeps but he's also their kick returner and he has 2-3 returns for TDs including the opening kickoff against Santa Fe last week.

Boyd is so freaking good. The only corner in the state that can cover him 1 on 1 just committed to OU and happens to also play for Union (Devon Jordan). The kid that played TE last year and this year moved to LB could be on the radar. He's a nice pass catching TE but in Union's scheme, he wasn't getting many balls thrown his way. He's a big old fast LB. Lane (and I can't remember his last name).

TU should be recruiting the 2 RBs. They're both class of 2025. Jordan Schelling is tough enough to run between the tackles and get tough yards, but also fast enough to get to the corner and run by DBs. The other, Boston Carrasco is BLAZING fast. Union uses him on jet sweeps but he's also their kick returner and he has 2-3 returns for TDs including the opening kickoff against Santa Fe last week.
Lane Wood. He’s a good player. Could see him getting a shot at TE at TU.

Lane Wood. He’s a good player. Could see him getting a shot at TE at TU.
Not with the kid they just got to commit. I think Lane could be a hybrid DE/OLB type and be very good at it. He's pretty quick for his size and he's strong as an ox from what I've seen during games. I'm not crazy about Union's defensive alignment because I think they give too much space away near the LOS. The LBs always seem to be 4-5 yards off the ball and the safeties are super deep despite there not seemingly being a QB in the state, besides Reisig, who can throw the ball downfield. Jenks QBs are just poor passers, the Owasso QB couldn't throw downfield, BA can't throw downfield. Full disclosure, I haven't seen Bixby yet. So if you know they're running, play closer to the line. There's no Demarion Thomas clogging the middle and eating up 2-3 blockers on every play this year.

Not with the kid they just got to commit. I think Lane could be a hybrid DE/OLB type and be very good at it. He's pretty quick for his size and he's strong as an ox from what I've seen during games. I'm not crazy about Union's defensive alignment because I think they give too much space away near the LOS. The LBs always seem to be 4-5 yards off the ball and the safeties are super deep despite there not seemingly being a QB in the state, besides Reisig, who can throw the ball downfield. Jenks QBs are just poor passers, the Owasso QB couldn't throw downfield, BA can't throw downfield. Full disclosure, I haven't seen Bixby yet. So if you know they're running, play closer to the line. There's no Demarion Thomas clogging the middle and eating up 2-3 blockers on every play this year.
Agree 100 percent on the defense. They don’t have a big NG to keep playing the defense they do. Their line seems to be undersized this year. They need to do more to stop the run. Against the pass they are fine.

The latter. BA deserves everything they’re now getting.
So I got an interesting tidbit on several things related to BA and Shaker Reisig.

Apparently, the booster at BA used to lead the booster club at Jenks and was instrumental in getting Kejuan Jones to move from Hale to Jenks. He's pretty much also the guy that facilitated the Lake kid coming to Jenks and ended up getting Trimble in trouble and suspended. Apparently he was trying to do the same thing at BA and Alexander was having none of it. And BA chose the booster over Alexander. Weird.

Shaker Reisig- apparently his dad is a lot worse than anyone can imagine and it might actually hurt the kid's chances at higher level schools. Story is they moved to Oklahoma after attending a camp that Jenks was affiliated with just so Shaker could go to Jenks...then Jenks recruits over him with the kid from CA. Their first choice of transfer was Bixby and Loren Montgomery called Jenks after speaking with the kid and his dad because he had a feeling they didn't know the dad was shopping the kid around. Dad went off on both Bixby and Jenks about it and apparently the next option was Union. I know Union paperwork indicates a bona fide move but this all seems weird. We all thought Braylon Braxton's dad was bad...I have a feeling Shaker's dad is 10x worse from all the stories I've heard.

So I got an interesting tidbit on several things related to BA and Shaker Reisig.

Apparently, the booster at BA used to lead the booster club at Jenks and was instrumental in getting Kejuan Jones to move from Hale to Jenks. He's pretty much also the guy that facilitated the Lake kid coming to Jenks and ended up getting Trimble in trouble and suspended. Apparently he was trying to do the same thing at BA and Alexander was having none of it. And BA chose the booster over Alexander. Weird.

Shaker Reisig- apparently his dad is a lot worse than anyone can imagine and it might actually hurt the kid's chances at higher level schools. Story is they moved to Oklahoma after attending a camp that Jenks was affiliated with just so Shaker could go to Jenks...then Jenks recruits over him with the kid from CA. Their first choice of transfer was Bixby and Loren Montgomery called Jenks after speaking with the kid and his dad because he had a feeling they didn't know the dad was shopping the kid around. Dad went off on both Bixby and Jenks about it and apparently the next option was Union. I know Union paperwork indicates a bona fide move but this all seems weird. We all thought Braylon Braxton's dad was bad...I have a feeling Shaker's dad is 10x worse from all the stories I've heard.
I mean most of what you said has been in the Tulsa world. I know the dad is still holding out for bigger time offers for Shaker. His dad thinks he’s an Alabama or Georgia level recruit.

I mean most of what you said has been in the Tulsa world. I know the dad is still holding out for bigger time offers for Shaker. His dad thinks he’s an Alabama or Georgia level recruit.
I knew his dad was a piece from discussions on here when it was suggested TU should offer him but his dad was a P5 or Bust type of guy. The kid has talent but has work to do. IMO, his arm strength is mid level FBS at best and he doesn't have the size many FBS programs running a pro-style offense are really looking for. TBH, his comparison for me is Josh Blankenship with slightly more mobility. He will need to work on his accuracy a bunch, especially deeper throws as he has missed some wide open WRs on throws down the field.

I don't share his dad's opinion that he's a Bama or Georgia level QB...and what happens when he doesn't play years 1-3 behind older, more experienced guys. Could Shaker become JT Daniels, 4 schools in 5 years only to end up in the AAC which is about where he should be to start?

Jenks 21 BA 0 2nd quarter. Whoever was responsible for the firing of DA needs to be shown the door

Came home after reffing 2 games and Union was losing 14-13 to Edmond Memorial just starting the 4th quarter. Since then Union has outscored EM 24-7 and now lead 37-21 with just over 3 minutes left. Union playing without their starting QB and too RB and the 4th string RB had one of the absolute best runs I've ever seen scoring from 52 yds out

Reactions: lawpoke87
Union leads Edmond North 31-0 with 6 min left in the 3rd quarter. Pretty sleepy game. Union holding some players out as they will have a bye next week and then host a quarterfinal. Word is Reisig will be back.

Isaiah Covington has been a beast again for Union tonight. Edmond North doesn't have much but they have a RB who's about 6'3 and can run. Very smooth out of the backfield and he's hard to bring down. Name is Cade something. He's easily been ENs best player. QB has nice size but his arm strength is iffy and his accuracy is even more questionable.

Jenks and Bixby tied at 7 just into the 2nd quarter. Bixby's offense has looked disheveled. This is the 1st time I've seen them play this season. Jenks has decent sideline to sideline speed on D which is why I find it puzzling that Bixby is trying to run outside. Jenks is small up front so you can run the middle. And Jenks' most effective offense is when they run the wildcat with Jones. Their QBs are as bad as I've seen from a 6A contender. Jenks isn't really a contender IMO but I am drawing hope that a Bixby/Union final might be a really good game especially if Reisig is back in the mix by then.

Bixby just looks flat. Bixby offensive game plan is puzzling. Jones (RB) is just of sophomore but already looks like a D1 guy. Jenks has taken to Bixby this first half. Jenks has been the most physical team by far.

Edit….didn’t realize Jones was the son of Kejaun Jones. I’m old.

Last edited:
Bixby just looks flat. Bixby offensive game plan is puzzling. Jones (RB) is just of sophomore but already looks like a D1 guy. Jenks has taken to Bixby this first half. Jenks has been the most physical team by far.

Edit….didn’t realize Jones was the son of Kejaun Jones. I’m old.
I knew that. And he was at BA last year.

Can’t blame the kid for leaving that dumpster fire. Apologies to our BA posters.

He’s dominating this game thus far.
There are a lot of Jenks legacy players in this game. Jones for one. Rocky Calmus' nephew. And Brad Hawkins, who played at TU (from Jenks) his son is playing DL for Bixby. My son played coach pitch ball with Brad's son many moons ago. He was a big kid back then. I taught him the Danny Tartabull leg kick to trigger his swing because he was always a little too early. The leg kick slowed him down and he started hammering the ball as a 7 yr old.

BTW, Bixby is also using a soccer player to do their place kicking. My son also played soccer with him at TSC.

Bixby pulling away now. 31-14. Jenks doesn't have much offense in the 2nd half.

Bixby out scored Jenks 24-0 in the second half. Thought their D line was dominate after halftime. Jenks seemed to go away from Jone for whatever reason. Hopefully we get to see a Union Bixby final.

I fully expect those semifinals to happen. The one ? is going to be Jenks because they simply don't have the QB play to throw the ball downfield if they have to come from behind. Probably the worst QB situation of the 6A-1 contenders. My guess is Bixby figured out how to contain Jones some and forced Jenks to throw the ball more frequently which is never a good thing for Jenks. Their QB has big accuracy issues and was having trouble hitting the RBs and TEs on the little outs.

After seeing Bixby play now, I think Union/Bixby would actually be a good game. Union's OL play has been strong and they've got 3 RBs all with different strengths. I am hoping Jordan Schelling will be back for Union. Tough between the tackles runner with a good burst to pop outside. Boston Carrasco has track speed and Isaiah Covington is a giant RB (6'2") who can get the tough yard when needed but he's tough to get on the ground. The last 2 weeks he's popped off runs of 52 yrs and 30+ yards for TDs where he's broken at least 4-5 tackles. He's got excellent balance and once he's got open space in front of him, he's got breakaway speed. I watch him run and it reminds me of Tarrion Adams and that's never a bad thing when he's on your side.

Of course everything for Union hinges on Shaker Reisig returning and playing. The FR QB has done a fine job but they've kept it basic for him. He's got a good arm and throws a nice deep ball and he can run a bit but they're not really asking him to make any reads. But Reisig is a special talent.

Union's defense will be tested obviously. I still don't agree with their defensive alignment. LBs are way too far off the LOS and they give up 4-5 yds a pop and it's too easy to get to the edge on them. The DBs are really good for Union. Only one I don't think is great is Fridrych's kid who plays at FS and usually draws the slot receiver in coverage. If Bixby lines the big kid (#7) up in the slot, they can run a skinny post every time and he would gain some huge yardage. Bixby has an advantage with special teams in terms of kicking too. Troy has a big leg and I think the Bixby coaches would feel confident running him out there for a 40-45 yd FG. Union rarely tries a FG over 30 yards and those are an adventure.

Bixby would prefer to run the ball and use screen and swing passes as an extension of the running game. To beat Bixby you must force them to throw the ball. Something their sophomore QB doesn’t yet do very well. Jenks D did a nice job in the first half rallying to the ball. They were also aided by a number of holding calls. Bixby made some adjustments and took over in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT