4A
Poteau
3A
Heritage Hall
2A
Okc Millwood
Class A
Hominy

I think 6A-1 is wide open. Bixby lost a ton off the team last year. I know they'll still be good but I expect Union, Jenks, and Owasso to all be right there with them. It's really a crap shoot. Owasso may be the surprise pick as they have speed that doesn't seem to ever stop. Union will have a potent offense. If Jenks can avoid injuries they'll be there too. They don't have the same depth Union and Bixby seem to have.

Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
I like Owasso this year in 6A-1. Hard to tell much from scrimmages but I thought Bixby struggled with Muskogee on Friday. Talent is down a bit for the Spartans this year.

Union walloped Westmoore. Hawks were slow out of the gate though. And dynamic playmaking WR Jino Boyd left the game with an injury in the 1st half and didn't return. It wasn't something that happened as the result of a hit or him going down so not sure what it is. Union's OL is not great. They're not the biggest OL (although they're not tiny for HS kids). He said the heaviest weighed something like 290 and "was a cupcake short of 300"...which instantly became my wife's new favorite saying and she was like "Well get that boy a cupcake".

Reisig was good, threw for about 350 and 5 TDs which should have been 6. He scrambles and runs the ball a lot better than it looks like on film. Rick said he may be one of the fastest players on Union's team in straight line speed.

Union's D was very good save for one possession where they got bit by missing a bunch of tackles. Westmoore's QB is a dynamic athlete. He's not a QB but probably the best overall athlete on the team so got stuck there to make plays. Could see him play Wr or RB in college or as a DB on the defensive side. Union's LBs and DBs have speed to spare. Isaiah Covington...my God he's fast. Devon Jordan had a nice night but it's not like Westmoore threw in his direction.

And Union is probably going to put out an APB for a kicker to the soccer team soon. Several times at around the 20 yd line, they decided to go on 4th and longer than 5 telling me they don't have a kid with 40 yd range...which won't matter in most of the games they play this season but most certainly will be a factor when they play Owasso and Jenks and in the playoffs (don't give up on Owasso yet...remember they were not very good the first 3-4 weeks of last season either and Bill's teams always improve a lot late in the season).

Union has BA next week in BA. I don't expect that to be much of a game.

Union walloped Westmoore. Hawks were slow out of the gate though. And dynamic playmaking WR Jino Boyd left the game with an injury in the 1st half and didn't return. It wasn't something that happened as the result of a hit or him going down so not sure what it is. Union's OL is not great. They're not the biggest OL (although they're not tiny for HS kids). He said the heaviest weighed something like 290 and "was a cupcake short of 300"...which instantly became my wife's new favorite saying and she was like "Well get that boy a cupcake".

Reisig was good, threw for about 350 and 5 TDs which should have been 6. He scrambles and runs the ball a lot better than it looks like on film. Rick said he may be one of the fastest players on Union's team in straight line speed.

Union's D was very good save for one possession where they got bit by missing a bunch of tackles. Westmoore's QB is a dynamic athlete. He's not a QB but probably the best overall athlete on the team so got stuck there to make plays. Could see him play Wr or RB in college or as a DB on the defensive side. Union's LBs and DBs have speed to spare. Isaiah Covington...my God he's fast. Devon Jordan had a nice night but it's not like Westmoore threw in his direction.

And Union is probably going to put out an APB for a kicker to the soccer team soon. Several times at around the 20 yd line, they decided to go on 4th and longer than 5 telling me they don't have a kid with 40 yd range...which won't matter in most of the games they play this season but most certainly will be a factor when they play Owasso and Jenks and in the playoffs (don't give up on Owasso yet...remember they were not very good the first 3-4 weeks of last season either and Bill's teams always improve a lot late in the season).

Union has BA next week in BA. I don't expect that to be much of a game.
Yeah Looks like it could be only union and Bixby this year

Yeah Looks like it could be only union and Bixby this year
BA is bad. Jenks was spotty vs Santa Fe but I think they'll be OK as they have a ton of really good players on both sides. I disagree with their platooning the QBs. Pick a starter and go forward. Jenks will definitely be a running team as I didn't see a ton of passing ability from either QB last night. KD JONES IS AN ABSOLUTE STUD! Wilson better get in on him now before he blows up. (son of former OU/TU RB Kejuan Jones).

But yes, as of right now I'd have Bixby 1 and Union 2. Backyard Bowl ina couple of weeks will give us a lot of insight into things for the rest of the season.

Union has a running back named Z Jordan Schelling. He's listed as a Jr, 5'9", 200 LBs. He reminds me a lot of Peyton Hillis. I don't think he's quite as fast as Hillis, but this kid hits the hole, runs players over, catches the ball. He had a little dump off catch where he stuff armed the kid and then took it another 30 to the house. Pretty sure the Ba kids soul is now owned by Schelling.

And does anyone know if we're still recruiting Juno Boyd from Union? No one in the 1st 2 weeks has been able to cover him at all.

And Shaker Reisig is really really good.

Reactions: 918Golden
Bixby was up 68-0 at half against some poor Arkansas school. Owasso kicking Jenks all over the field. What has happened to Jenks.
We saw the Bixby score. That was crazy.

And Jenks made a nice comeback but fell just short. Jenks lacks a playmaker at QB. Last week they rotated between two against Santa Fe and last night from listening to their radio broadcast some in the way home, it sounded like the 1st half was still a platoon at QB but they went with mainly one in the 2nd half. It just tells me that Bixby is not going to be challenged this season, at all. Union is good but they have some glaring holes. One is in the middle of their DL. No more 6'4" 340 lb Demarion Thomas to eat up 3 blockers to allow LBs to plug holes. BA exploited this. And there's no back end speed at S for Union to catch RBs who break through. And Union also doesn't have a FG kicker. They have a kid who kicks PATs but those are iffy. Union has gone for every 4th down if they are outside the 10 yd line and too close to punt.

Jenks seems to be a one trick pony with Jones at RB. They're similar to BA in that they can't throw the ball effectively. Last night BA down 10 is trying to get the ball downfield and they simply can't block well enough up front to give the QB any time to find a receiver.

Jenks beats Union 31-24 last night. Union spotted Jenks a 28-0 lead before deciding it was time to play. Jenks had a nice offensive series to start to go up 7-0. Union proceeded to fumble the kickoff and then Jenks scored a play later. 3 minutes in, 14-0. Union then drove the length of the field and turned the ball over...again. Union holds, Jenks punts, and Reisig throws another INT for a pick 6. This was on Jino Boyd though as the ball hit him in the hands and he basically batted it into the air. 21-0 and there's still 4 min left in the 1st quarter. I turned it off at that point.

Owasso put a beat down on BA something that Josh Blankenship hadn't gotten from his father since he was about 5 years old 😂.

Bixby didn't win last night...Bixby didn't play last night

Union leads Owasso 21-8 at half. Union can run the ball at will against Owasso but they keep trying to throw the ball all over the place. It's working too but they should just run the ball to keep the ball away from Owasso b/c Union's defense is only so so.

Jino Boyd is a kid we should be on hard. I know he was at TU in the winter for one of the junior days but this kid can get open and catch the ball. And then the Jr RB, Jordan Schelling. He's a cross between Zach Line and Zach Langer. Can run between the tackles and break tackles but also has good speed and he's gotten to the edge a few times.

Reactions: 918Golden
Union now up 34-8, 3.5 min into the 2nd half and Owasso got the kick. Union has scored in their last 2 offensive plays. Reisig is owning this game right now

41-8 now. Union has scored in its last 3 offensive plays. Got the ball back on an INT. Still 7 minutes left in the 3rd

Just an observation, the west side of the state absolutely sucks again this year in 6A-1.

Norman North 0
Bixby 60

Southmore. 7
BA. 62

Enid 0
Jenks 45

Last edited:
Just an observation, the west side of the state absolutely sucks again this year in 6A-1.

Norman North 0
Bixby 60

Southmore. 7
BA. 62

Enid 0
Jenks 45
And they'll blame it on the fact that the east side schools haven't split like they did and then one of the districts, probably Edmond will try to get a legislator to issue a bill forcing them to. Thing is, my kids in Union have every advantage and every opportunity to do things they want because they haven't split. All the resources stay in the one high school. More support, more counselors, can take AP classes those schools and even the private schools aren't offering. So why split if the kids in the district are getting as much or more access to support and activities?

Reactions: rusty-c
And they'll blame it on the fact that the east side schools haven't split like they did and then one of the districts, probably Edmond will try to get a legislator to issue a bill forcing them to. Thing is, my kids in Union have every advantage and every opportunity to do things they want because they haven't split. All the resources stay in the one high school. More support, more counselors, can take AP classes those schools and even the private schools aren't offering. So why split if the kids in the district are getting as much or more access to support and activities?
Hard to continue to make that argument when the smallest school in class 6A-1 wins the state championship.

Union now up 48-15, 6 min left. Union basically called off the dogs and scored another TD, and then Owasso put together a drive against Union's mostly 2nd stringers on D.

Hard to continue to make that argument when the smallest school in class 6A-1 wins the state championship.
And it's not even close. Union is the 2nd best team in the state despite the choke job they pulled against Jenks. And I would give Union only a 1 in 10 shot of beating Bixby on any given day.

And it's not even close. Union is the 2nd best team in the state despite the choke job they pulled against Jenks. And I would give Union only a 1 in 10 shot of beating Bixby on any given day.
I think you’re under selling Union a bit. Bixby is very good on both their O and D lines. Their passing game isn’t near what it has been the past few years. If Union can stack the box and force them to beat them through the air I’m not sure Bixby his efficient enough to win in that matter. Assume we will likely find out in the state finals. Should be a great game.

I think you’re under selling Union a bit. Bixby is very good on both their O and D lines. Their passing game isn’t near what it has been the past few years. If Union can stack the box and force them to beat them through the air I’m not sure Bixby his efficient enough to win in that matter. Assume we will likely find out in the state finals. Should be a great game.
Union's defensive alignment tends to force teams to run the ball because they don't have the speed in the secondary to keep up with speedy WRs. Devon Jordan, sure. But the coach's kid is the starting FS and he lacks both the situational IQ and speed to keep up. Owasso's only score when the game was still in doubt was broken coverage where the FS just basically locked onto the QB as the Owasso WR ran by him. It was like 3rd and 13. Teams can usually get to the outside on Union in the run game as they play a 3 man front and their LBs are a little bit undisciplined losing the outside contain. Unions defensive alignment tends to give teams underneath as the LBs are 5-7 yards off the line so you can pretty much guarantee a run up the middle is going to net positive yardage. Demaryion Thomas (6'4, 330) is no longer the NG eating up 3 blockers (he's in the SEC now).

Union's OL is very good though. They dominated the game the other night and I was pretty pissed Union kept trying to throw the ball when Schelling was ripping off 6-7 yds per carry through the middle.

Bixby beat Southmoore last night 66-0. Union beat Yukon tonight 63-7. Owasso, after falling behind Mustang 3-0 early, went on to win 54-3.

Broken Arrow and Jenks both lost. Jenks lost to Westmoore 16-12. This might be the year the west gets a team in the semi finals because BA and Jenks are both not good. I fully expect the finals to be Union and Bixby at this point barring some crazy fluke like Owasso beating Union in 12 OTs

Just depends on the Jenks team that shows up.
Nope. I've seen enough. They've got a great RB but that's about it. Jenks' problem is they can't throw the ball downfield with any consistency. Their QBs are not very good at all when you're looking at that. I don't think Union falls into that again. Biggest problem for Union the 1st 3 games was not coming out focused in the 1st quarter. Well, you get away with that against BA and Westmoore but it didn't work against Jenks. Union outplayed/outscored Jenks the last 3 quarters but it's difficult to spot a pretty good defensive team a 21-0 lead in the first 7 minutes. Union has looked very different the last 2 games in the 1Q. They've curb stomped both Owasso and Yukon. Owasso and Jenks are comparable although Owasso is way more capable of throwing the ball downfield. Owasso's problem is the secondary and they're not very big up front on the DL.

BTW, I think I'm seeing at least one tweet a week from the David Alexander camp regarding the BA disaster and things just aren't working for them with that decision.

Nope. I've seen enough. They've got a great RB but that's about it. Jenks' problem is they can't throw the ball downfield with any consistency. Their QBs are not very good at all when you're looking at that. I don't think Union falls into that again. Biggest problem for Union the 1st 3 games was not coming out focused in the 1st quarter. Well, you get away with that against BA and Westmoore but it didn't work against Jenks. Union outplayed/outscored Jenks the last 3 quarters but it's difficult to spot a pretty good defensive team a 21-0 lead in the first 7 minutes. Union has looked very different the last 2 games in the 1Q. They've curb stomped both Owasso and Yukon. Owasso and Jenks are comparable although Owasso is way more capable of throwing the ball downfield. Owasso's problem is the secondary and they're not very big up front on the DL.

BTW, I think I'm seeing at least one tweet a week from the David Alexander camp regarding the BA disaster and things just aren't working for them with that decision.
Serves BA right, with what they did. You just don't do that kind of thing and not deserve something bad for your program. Glad it came home to roost.

Serves BA right, with what they did. You just don't do that kind of thing and not deserve something bad for your program. Glad it came home to roost.
I don't know what happened I just know they fired the guy that won them their first (and only) state championship. It made ZERO sense unless he wanted more $ and BA didn't want to pay him. I'm leaning more towards a highly influential ($$$) booster didn't like something about Alexander.

I don't know what happened I just know they fired the guy that won them their first (and only) state championship. It made ZERO sense unless he wanted more $ and BA didn't want to pay him. I'm leaning more towards a highly influential ($$$) booster didn't like something about Alexander.
The latter. BA deserves everything they’re now getting.

I’ve still got a feeling that Josh is hoping that his dad retires soon then comes over to BA as a volunteer analyst or something. It’s probably a little too late for that though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT