ADVERTISEMENT

Hi y'all.

NO-Orange

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Mar 6, 2002
Long time no talk. Been following the progress on ESPN from the comforts of home in the nation's capital but haven't made it to any games. If the Temple game were on Saturday, I'd prolly attend since I'm gonna be in Philly Saturday. Oh, and F*** Joe Lunardi.

Long time no talk. Been following the progress on ESPN from the comforts of home in the nation's capital but haven't made it to any games. If the Temple game were on Saturday, I'd prolly attend since I'm gonna be in Philly Saturday. Oh, and F*** Joe Lunardi.
I am as well in the nations capital. I will not go to Philly lol

Wow it's been a long time. Glad you chimed in. This team is definitely fun to watch....you never know what you're going to get. And yes I agree about Lundardi.

Philly is awesome. I love Philly.

I almost got my face smashed when Tulsa played @ St. Joes in Nov 1999 . It was a great game. We won by 6. I was a lot younger and probably half drunk. I screamed really loudly at Philly people for two hours from my seats right on the baseline. I got followed out to my car but nothing happened.

You guys are lame to not go.

Philly is awesome. I love Philly.

I almost got my face smashed when Tulsa played @ St. Joes in Nov 1999 . It was a great game. We won by 6. I was a lot younger and probably half drunk. I screamed really loudly at Philly people for two hours from my seats right on the baseline. I got followed out to my car but nothing happened.

You guys are lame to not go.
Hah -- you must have been drunk cause I seem to recollect we lost to St. Joe's in Philly. Blew a big lead, at least if we are talking the Shea years.

Hah -- you must have been drunk cause I seem to recollect we lost to St. Joe's in Philly. Blew a big lead, at least if we are talking the Shea years.
I think we lost to St Joe in Atlantic City mid 90’s but beat them in Philadelphia (I was there - Phil Martelli gave me a ticket and broke my stones because he know I was a TU alum and pulling against his Hawks) In late 90’s and in Tulsa early 2000’s.

I think we lost to St Joe in Atlantic City mid 90’s but beat them in Philadelphia (I was there - Phil Martelli gave me a ticket and broke my stones because he know I was a TU alum and pulling against his Hawks) In late 90’s and in Tulsa early 2000’s.

Yea, I remember watching the game in Philly and my wife and I feeling sorry for whoever was in their mascot uniform as they flapped at least one arm for the entirety of the game.
Tough mascot to be!

Yea, I remember watching the game in Philly and my wife and I feeling sorry for whoever was in their mascot uniform as they flapped at least one arm for the entirety of the game.
Tough mascot to be!
That damn hawk still stands there flapping its arms forever. I'm pretty sure it's usually a female in the costume. I'm pretty sure she could whip most of our asses with the guns she's probably built up flapping them for 2 hours straight.

Penn Quakers are actually in the Big 5 and not Drexel. Just so you know.

Penn Quakers are actually in the Big 5 and not Drexel. Just so you know.
You are correct. I always thought Drexel was part of that group as Nova, Temple, etc. always seem to play them every season. I completely forgot about Penn...I have some friends who are Penn alum who'd be pretty pissed about this right now if they knew I forgot this.

According to Wikipedia (taken w/ a grain of salt), some of the city's politicians (no doubt Drexel alum) have suggested Drexel be added to the official Big 5 (making it 6...huh?) competition. Hasn't happened. When looking this up, Drexel is part of the City 6 which pits the intramural champions in a couple of sports from each of the schools in a city championship. That'd be cool.

There was a minor league player in the Boston Red Sox organization named Phil Slamma Jamma. He was wicked bad.

Yours truly,

TU Bla

Panic and you are def correct. I looked it up and had totally forgotten we played them in Philly that year. My bad. I'll show myself out now.

No worries No-Orange damn nice to hear from you again!!!!

GO TU!!!!

There was a minor league player in the Boston Red Sox organization named Phil Slamma Jamma. He was wicked bad.

Yours truly,

TU Bla
Nice try...I know that's not true. You know what sucks...the fact that the Pawtucket Red Sox are being moved to Worcester by the big club. Pawtucket Red Sox, textile mill next door to McCoy stadium which was worse than old Driller's Stadium. Site of professional baseball's longest game ever 33 1/3 innings between the Red Sox and Rochester Red Wings. Played over 3 dates. Winning run scored by former Red Sox and former ALCS MVP Marty Barrett.

PawSox games were where your parents would let you drive yourself to go to games right after you got your license. They'd never let you drive to Boston just yet.

St. Joe's is the Hawks. Temple is the Owls. Drexel is the Dragons. LaSalle is the Explorers. Villanova is the wildcats. Now you have all 5 Philly Big 5 mascots

And yes, :haith3: the Owls

5 universities in one city!! how do you ever keep up!! Thanks for the clarification!! But I'm 72 and will forget it by the time I finish this post....hell, I can't even find the peanut butter in Walmart....sometimes my socks don't match...when I remember to wear socks!!

Anyway....we just beat the Owls...or hawks....ah hell...we won!!!!! Now on to the Shuckers!!!

:haith:
:nukem:nuked em!!!!!!!

That was the AC game in December 1996. I was there and may or may not have been drunk.

Shea's senior season. The same year Clemson bounced us in the first round.

I was in Belmar, Jersey from Dec 1996 > EArly 2002

5 universities in one city!! how do you ever keep up!! Thanks for the clarification!! But I'm 72 and will forget it by the time I finish this post....hell, I can't even find the peanut butter in Walmart....sometimes my socks don't match...when I remember to wear socks!!

Anyway....we just beat the Owls...or hawks....ah hell...we won!!!!! Now on to the Shuckers!!!

:haith:
:nukem:nuked em!!!!!!!

Walmart has peanut butter? What’ll they think of next?

Reactions: bluegold70
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT