ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a new one

TUBballJunkie

I.T.S. University President
Mar 16, 2003
Some guy on Twitter commenting that we are winning with Wojcik's players.

Yes, you read that right.

Originally posted by nevadanatural:
Doug needs to get off Twitter and get a job.
He's too busy yelling expletives at his cell mates.

Smith, Brandon, Dandre, and Juice were all recruited to Tulsa by Woj, only smith played minutes for him, scarce though

Thank god he's gone, he'd of scared all four of em into being a tentative crap player!

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:

roll.r191677.gif
His job is to go to the bank every other Friday and cash his $ 18,269 check from TU and his $16,426 check from College of Charleston.

Wish I could pick up those kind of checks for doing a crappy job at two places in a row and abusing young athletes. God I hope his old boss doesn't give him a job or help him get one, let him fade into oblivion. I bet if he saved up his checks he could open up a soup restaurant.

'Round, round get around
I get around
I get around

I'm getting bugged coachin' up and down this same old strip
I'm goin' back to Southwest Tulsa where the girls are hip
I get around

My staff and me are getting real well known
Yeah, the press knows us and they leave us alone
I get around.

This post was edited on 1/27 7:22 PM by TUMe

When the credits role on the 2014-15 season I hope credit is given to Wake Forest and Mizzou, their collaberative efforts of idiocracy has made this kick-azz run possible. 10 straight and counting.......

wink.r191677.gif

TX
This post was edited on 1/27 7:52 PM by texcane1982

I can't find this on the tweets. Your response should be, "Wojcik also taught these guys how to play zone. #beachboys #swfntul$a #itiswhatitis?"

Juice is one of our best players and Doug did recruit him.

Give credit where credit is due

Who said Ojick couldn't recruit. He just couldn't coach. Sure as hell ain't responsible for Swannegan and Smith's progress, cept for when he left. He did wonders for Smith progress by leaving.(& Swanny too)

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:
Who said Ojick couldn't recruit. He just couldn't coach. Sure as hell ain't responsible for Swannegan and Smith's progress, cept for when he left. He did wonders for Smith progress by leaving.(& Swanny too)
Ojcik could recruit of and on pretty well. He recruited Uzoh and Jordan who are borderline NBA quality players and had on the same team Hurrt who was also quite talented. What he couldn't do was move to the next level when he had such skilled players. I think we have also learned both here and at C of C that he killed moral and creativity on his teams.

But Wojcik is gone. Manning is gone. And Haith by all measure is doing a good job now.

Originally posted by Gold*:
I can't find this on the tweets. Your response should be, "Wojcik also taught these guys how to play zone. #beachboys #swfntul$a #itiswhatitis?"
He may have deleted it.

And I did clarify who Wojcik recruited vs who Manning signed. And point out that recruiting wasn't his issue.

And when it really comes down to it, Manning got Wright and Woodard to stay committed and developed them for two years.

They were never even on a court with Wojcik.

Wojcik's issues were always X's and O' and Tulsa fans learned that to be the issue early on. Ability to digest what was going on during an game and adjust on the fly was problematic and to me that is what makes or breaks a coach. All the best can adjust to what is going on during the game on both ends of the court. Self did it, Tubby did it, Robinson even did it to some degree. Manning was learning how to do it. I think DM had an uncanny ability to know almost instantly what was happening, what the other team was trying to do and what needed to happen. The many years playing at the highest level helped him with that.

Haith is, IMO, a great tactician BUT also a coach who knows he can't see everything that is happening on the court by himself and having guys like Leitao and Felton beside him makes this a coaching staff that may be the most experienced and one of the best in all of college basketball. Sure coaches like Self, Calipari, K are great coaches but I think they have lost some of what they do best over the years because their teams are so insanely talented they get away with a lot of mistakes. Haith and his staff are drawing the absolute best out of the players here right now. Last night for instance...Swannegan and Ray were the 2 players that put us over the top. Dre had one of his better games. We are getting contributions from everyone who plays right now.

Wojcik may have brought Smith and Swannegan here and they "played" for him for a season, but he didn't utilize them nor did he do anything to enhance their development as players. If people want to say that Haith is succeeding with Manning's players, fine...I can see the argument. I would disagree the success is all because of Manning's players though. Haith has pushed them to get to the next level of play.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I would disagree the success is all because of Manning's players though. Haith has pushed them to get to the next level of play.
I agree completely. MU fans love to say that.

True, they are now juniors and should be more confident and experienced than when Manning was here, but the progress for Harrison and the bigs under this staff in such a short time has been tremendous. I'm especially amazed with the bigs' progress bc you would have expected them to blossom under Manning but they never really did.

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I would disagree the success is all because of Manning's players though. Haith has pushed them to get to the next level of play.
I agree completely. MU fans love to say that.

True, they are now juniors and should be more confident and experienced than when Manning was here, but the progress for Harrison and the bigs under this staff in such a short time has been tremendous. I'm especially amazed with the bigs' progress bc you would have expected them to blossom under Manning but they never really did.
I think the 4 out, 1 in system has benefited everyone on the current roster. The style Haith plays is just more suited to this crew, especially Smith. It frees the middle of the floor for him to go 1 on 1 on the post and he is going to simply be more athletic than the 6'8" or 6'9" guy trying to guard him. Wright should be excelling in this system. If we get a kid who can hit 35% 3pt FGs to go along with an improved Woodard and Ray from distance it will free the single posts up more.

On the flip side, Haith has admitted that what Manning taught this team in terms of defensive principles was outstanding and has carried over so I think you are seeing a blend of styles on defense and so far the zone looks we have shown have been tremendous. Wojcik is still looking up the definition of "zone"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT