ADVERTISEMENT

Haith letter to fans

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
I can't post it, hope someone can help me out, but on page B3 of today's (Sunday) Tulsa World there is an advertisement that is a letter from Haith to "TU Fans and Tulsa Community." Thanking us for the support, home atmosphere, and welcome to Tulsa.

Very classy.

Maybe Chris can get a copy from Don Tom and post on our board? Something like this should not be restricted to e-subscribers. Should be no surprise the TW would screw up something like this.

TX

Whatever damage Coach Haith's character took from the Miami fiasco, he has certainly gone above and beyond reproach to change that perception with the supporters of TU.

I firmly believe the love and support he has received from TU and its fans means a lot to him, he obviously feels appreciated. The day he first walked through the door at Mizzou he was never well received.

He may have exited Mizzou ahead of the posse as some say, but there is a fine line between leaving a dysfunctional situation for what you believe is a better opportunity, and leaving to a avoid termination.

IMO, Coach Haith is the classiest HC to represent TU basketball since Tubby. Hollywood was by no means a jerk, but he lacked the humility and overall appreciation of Coach Haith and Coach Smith.

TX

This post was edited on 3/30 1:58 PM by texcane1982

Originally posted by texcane1982:
Any recent updates on the condition of his sister?

TX
Haith was on Channel 8 sports Extra last night. He said his sister was doing better and in the process of moving her to a nursing home, back in the town she lives in.

He does a good interview. Also spoke about the need to find some big man help and how the big man play is different in the AAC compared to C USA.

He was very complimentary to the city of Tulsa and the support he has received.

He joked around a fair amount, especially about his golf game and does seem to like the city of Tulsa.
This post was edited on 3/30 11:53 AM by TUMU

If Self does not jump to the NBA in the next 5-6 years, he will reach 500 wins. That would be three 500 win HC's, who launched their careers at TU within the same 20 year window. Pretty amazing.

TX

Originally posted by TUMU:

Originally posted by texcane1982:
Any recent updates on the condition of his sister?

TX
Haith was on Channel 8 sports Extra last night. He said his sister was doing better and in the process of moving her to a nursing home, back in the town she lives in.

He does a good interview. Also spoke about the need to find some big man help and how the big man play is different in the AAC compared to C USA.

He was very complimentary to the city of Tulsa and the support he has received.

He joked around a fair amount, especially about his golf game and does seem to like the city of Tulsa.

This post was edited on 3/30 11:53 AM by TUMU
Buzz and his wife had bags packed by this time in 2001. Manning was drooling over cellar dweller Wake Forest last year too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT